+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
I was reading a cic news article that someone posted here before. I remember I saw something like " if you had received the ext, then you would be exempt from the ext fee". But, there's no details yet on this. I guess we'll just have to wait and see until Mid-June. (Hopefully we will be getting an answer before that!) *I'm not sure what to expect since they're going to resume EE draws, which is great for sure, especially for those who have been working in Canada for more than 1 year, yet I'm concerned about the processing speed for this program.
Yes, let's wait and see the details about the new policy.
I'm actually concerned about resuming EE draws a lot because right now the backlog is getting higher and higher already and that will add a couple of thousands or whatever they'll accept every two weeks to the current inventory.
Now, if they go with approval at the current rate, it's just gonna increase the work load on officers and people may see even longer waiting time.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
No, it's for all applicants. The letter will be given to you in your online account as a document like passport request letter for example.
Wow, this is the first time I've ever heard of this.

Very helpful! Thanks very much.

Reactions: SmzAmir

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
You are right, it's not actually a good news. They did that to accommodate the ones that are going to receive their PR in 2023. As the immigration targets were introduced in early 2022, IRCC is going to process some of the TR2PR applicants in 2022 and the remaining in 2023. So, they want to make sure the ones who will not receive their PR in 2022 have a valid status to work in Canada.
Of course, if you have already applied for an extension and or waiting for approval cannot apply for another extension under this policy. You need to wait to receive your response and then re-apply in 4 months or less before the expiry of the WP for another the extension. The other point for paying fee is also correct, each time you apply for extension, you need to pay the processing fee which is unfortunate.
While I agree that the fees we pay are many times duplicated, this is the best solution.

If we don't pay these fees, they would need more funding from the government. That then becomes a political issue and could lead to even more delays.

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
No, WP is an authorization to work and stay in Canada. It's not a travel document.
To enter Canada you need a TRV.
That's new! So what we show the custom officer is the TRV not the WP? Would the custom officer let us in if we show them the WP? I remember during the pandemic, or say the lock down, when only citizens, PRs, protected people, and people who are authoritized to work can come back to Canada. I assume WP can be used as a travel document as well (?)

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
That's new! So what we show the custom officer is the TRV not the WP? Would the custom officer let us in if we show them the WP? I remember during the pandemic, or say the lock down, when only citizens, PRs, protected people, and people who are authoritized to work can come back to Canada. I assume WP can be used as a travel document as well (?)
WP has never been considered as a travel document.

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Forgot to ask, people who had to apply for WP extension and is from Ontario. How we deal with OHIP that will be expiring at same date from my PGWP? I know that for SIN number there is no problem, but for Ohip I don't know what to do.
Have you got an answer for this question yet? I don't reside in Ontario anymore, but what I know is, if this hasn't changed, when you apply for the OHIP (I am not sure if non citizens and PRs would be able to extend it without proving you are currently working), you need to meet the criteria, things like working full time, having the employer write a letter, etc. Service Canada would provide you with a list of requirements (this is the part that I'm not certain about anymore; perhaps the rules have been altered during the pandemic). Hope this information helps.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
No, WP is not sufficient to enter Canada.
You need a valid TRV AND a valid WP to be shown to border officer in order to enter Canada.

Check this link for more information:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1287&top=22

Reactions: modmaxbc

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
No, WP is not sufficient to enter Canada.
You need a valid TRV AND a valid WP to be shown to border officer in order to enter Canada.

Check this link for more information:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1287&top=22
Thank you so much for this information, SmzAmir. But, it says even with the eTA, we may still not be permitted to enter Canada by the border service officer. I suppose I understand now why people would suggest to wait for the PR card.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thank you so much for this information, SmzAmir. But, it says even with the eTA, we may still not be permitted to enter Canada by the border service officer. I suppose I understand now why people would suggest to wait for the PR card.
No worries. Personally, if you have a valid eTA and WP, I don't think it going to be a problem to enter Canada.
I travelled outside Canada last year in Dec and I came back with no issue. At that time, there was more strict travel restrictions too (mandatory testing upon arrival, quarantine until the test result comes, etc.).
But of course, when you are a permanent resident, you won't face anything.

Reactions: modmaxbc

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
No worries. Personally, if you have a valid eTA and WP, I don't think it going to be a problem to enter Canada.
I travelled outside Canada last year in Dec and I came back with no issue. At that time, there was more strict travel restrictions too (mandatory testing upon arrival, quarantine until the test result comes, etc.).
But of course, when you are a permanent resident, you won't face anything.
Since the probability of the increase of the processing time, it has become more and more impossible to not to travel outside of Canada during the wait time. Thank you so much for your feedback and support.

Ramin_eg

Jan 15, 2022
Is it possible someone send an address for linking tr to pr to cic account ? I create GCaccount but there not exists option for add a new file for that

Mini3499

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Hi everyone,
So i applied for my trv
I got email today that my application status has been updated. Please check your account.
But when i opened my account there was nothing.
Is it weird? Or does that happen sometimes? Do i need to do something? Thanks