+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Is this limited to Ontario? Could one get such a letter outside of Ontario? QC? NL? BC?
No, it's for all applicants. The letter will be given to you in your online account as a document like passport request letter for example.

Last edited:

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Do you know what's going to happen when this work permit extension gets expired (at the end of the year)? (Not sure why people need to keep paying for the fees for them to process the applications)
There is a new policy coming this June which allows TR2PR applicants to get longer extension for their WP:

I think they said they'll extend it until the end of 2023.

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
There is a new policy coming this June which allows TR2PR applicants to get longer extension for their WP:

I think they said they'll extend it until the end of 2023.
Thank you for your response. I saw that news, but not sure if it's good news (that just means to me the wait time could be a lot more longer). How could they extend it when you already applied and received the document through Tr to Pr owp ext? It'd not make any sense to pay for the extension fee again for that, especially for those who already got their AOR this year or even last year, wouldn't it? (But I am also aware that the processing speed doesn't really make sense, and I doubt if it'll change any time soon.)

Feb 18, 2022
International Graduate stream: Applied on may 6th at 10:30pm.
Application Linked on February 17th.
Medicals Passed on: February 12th.
ADR 1 for PCC - February 17th. Submitted on the same day.
Biometrics refund: February 22nd.
AOR March 22nd.(Sydney office)
March28th review of the additional documents.
Eligibility and background check processing.
Can anyone know how time it will take for the eligibility and background check?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thank you for your response. I saw that news, but not sure if it's good news (that just means to me the wait time could be a lot more longer). How could they extend it when you already applied and received the document through Tr to Pr owp ext? It'd not make any sense to pay for the extension fee again for that, especially for those who already got their AOR this year or even last year, wouldn't it? (But I am also aware that the processing speed doesn't really make sense, and I doubt if it'll change any time soon.)
You are right, it's not actually a good news. They did that to accommodate the ones that are going to receive their PR in 2023. As the immigration targets were introduced in early 2022, IRCC is going to process some of the TR2PR applicants in 2022 and the remaining in 2023. So, they want to make sure the ones who will not receive their PR in 2022 have a valid status to work in Canada.
Of course, if you have already applied for an extension and or waiting for approval cannot apply for another extension under this policy. You need to wait to receive your response and then re-apply in 4 months or less before the expiry of the WP for another the extension. The other point for paying fee is also correct, each time you apply for extension, you need to pay the processing fee which is unfortunate.

pumpkinded123

Jan 15, 2022
I received my AOR and medical passed.

My post graduation work permit will expire on sept 2022 and I applied for an extension yesterday. I am leaving Canada for vacation in June. Do you think it will be any problem?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
I received my AOR and medical passed.

My post graduation work permit will expire on sept 2022 and I applied for an extension yesterday. I am leaving Canada for vacation in June. Do you think it will be any problem?
are you planning to come back to Canada before the expiry date (Sep 2022)?or after that?

Reactions: T0pubo

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
You are right, it's not actually a good news. They did that to accommodate the ones that are going to receive their PR in 2023. As the immigration targets were introduced in early 2022, IRCC is going to process some of the TR2PR applicants in 2022 and the remaining in 2023. So, they want to make sure the ones who will not receive their PR in 2022 have a valid status to work in Canada.
Of course, if you have already applied for an extension and or waiting for approval cannot apply for another extension under this policy. You need to wait to receive your response and then re-apply in 4 months or less before the expiry of the WP for another the extension. The other point for paying fee is also correct, each time you apply for extension, you need to pay the processing fee which is unfortunate.
I was reading a cic news article that someone posted here before. I remember I saw something like " if you had received the ext, then you would be exempt from the ext fee". But, there's no details yet on this. I guess we'll just have to wait and see until Mid-June. (Hopefully we will be getting an answer before that!) *I'm not sure what to expect since they're going to resume EE draws, which is great for sure, especially for those who have been working in Canada for more than 1 year, yet I'm concerned about the processing speed for this program.

Cp10

Jun 1, 2021
Little update about my process. Still at same page, no GU or ADR. Had to apply this week for my WP extension, already have a temporary WP Extension until they review all the paperwork (2h filling up stuff + 300$ short).

About TR to PR, I contacted my MP that was able to gather some information about my process (took 2 working days), I was informed that the application received on May 24 2021 is currently open and in process.

Eligibility and security not started
Criminality verifications are in progress
Medical has passed

But why CIC / RCMP are taking so long in criminal I really don't know. Seeing people who received AOR at same week as my self with portal request in the hands is sad (about how CIC deals with all requests without organization, giving people priorities). The only thing that make sense for me is that my process is stuck with someone mediocre at work (or is about to retire and don't want work anymore). Anyway, keep you guys posted about any updates.
Hey which is your visa office i have same time lime like you still no criminality passed