+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Jas_K

Jun 21, 2021
Just confirm again, with the docs submitted for your WP, to see what kind of WP was applied for. If your agent applied for the correct type, then you just have to wait. If they didn't, then go ahead and apply for the correct one now. One way to check if you applied for the correct one is also to check how much you paid for the WP. The tr to pr WP costs $155. While other one costs $155 + $100 = $255
It was255$ and m i eligible to apply now? Because i dont have valid wp. Its already expired.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
It was255$ and m i eligible to apply now? Because i dont have valid wp. Its already expired.
If your status is expired and you want to apply to extend your WP, you need to restore your status (which should happen in less than 90 days of your WP expiration date) when applying for the extension which costs $200 extra. There is guide on the page link posted in the previous page by fooqs.
During this time, you can't work and must wait until a decision has been made.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=186&top=17

Last edited:

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Its best now to call IRCC on their number and confirm with them. You may have to try 20-30 times before you get in queue to talk to an agent.
As mentioned, if your WP expired and you applied for the wrong type of WP, then you are still considered implied status, until they find out that you dont qualify for it. Maybe you do qualify for it, but anyway keep that WP application as is for now. Do not withdraw it.

Apply for the tr to pr one that i mentioned before (see the link posted before to follow the steps). Also add a LOE explaining that you have implied status based on the other WP application, but you don't want to withdraw it. Do not mention to them that you or your agent applied for the wrong one.

Implied status means you can still work, till they make a decision. So i would recommend to apply for the Tr to Pr one ASAP, and then once you get the WP, you can withdraw the other one. Good Luck !

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Background: TR2PR, Stream B, applied June 10/21. Received a TFN on April 4/22 in response to a passport update & address change submitted by Webform to update my in-process Student permit application which is over 2 years old (no progress even after MP looked into it in early 2021). I applied for TR2PR under legally 'maintained' status (formerly called 'implied' status) as a Student (with Open Work permit). I have worked for the same company all this time (full-time in summer & part-time while in school) and continued as a full-time student for the last 2 years, but I haven't received any updates on my Student permit. In late Nov/21, I received a generic email confirmation from IRCC that my Student permit is still being processed, no additional documents are required, and there is nothing for me to do at this time.

Questions: Has anyone had issues with their TR2PR application as a result of being in 'maintained' status at the time of application? If so, what were your issues and how were they resolved?

Last edited:
Reactions: yyfish
Feb 18, 2022
Sharing My Timeline:

- Stream B (Non-Healthcare) application with inland dependents: June 17, 2021
- Inquiring about application and getting TFN: Feb 20, 2022
- Linking Application to Account: March 03, 2022 (Using UCI + Family Name)
- AOR: March 05, 2022
- ADR: PCC uploaded on March 05, 2022
- Medical: Passed - March 4, 2022
- Eligibility : In progress
- Biometric: passed
- Background check: In progress
- PR portal: April 04, 2022

I hope this helps.
I did apply on June 8 but still not get anything, got AOR on Feb 21 but after that nothing. I heard Sydney office is slow, from where you get your AOR? May i please know ?

Last edited:

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Background: TR2PR, Stream B, applied June 10/21. Received a TFN on April 4/22 in response to a passport update & address change submitted by Webform to update my in-process Student permit application which is over 2 years old (no progress even after MP looked into it in early 2021). I applied for TR2PR under legally 'maintained' status (formerly called 'implied' status) as a Student (with Open Work permit). I have worked for the same company all this time (full-time in summer & part-time while in school) and continued as a full-time student for the last 2 years, but I haven't received any updates on my Student permit. In late Nov/21, I received a generic email confirmation from IRCC that my Student permit is still being processed, no additional documents are required, and there is nothing for me to do at this time.

Questions: Has anyone had issues with their TR2PR application as a result of being in 'maintained' status at the time of application? If so, what were your issues and how were they resolved?
Just to clarify, you had a post-graduate open work permit that is expired, right?
In either case (work permit or study permit), if you've already applied for extension and you have a maintained status, there is no contraction or issue with your PR application. Any time you receive your portal you become a permanent resident.

Rev18

Nov 10, 2018
Hi,

I applied (Workers in Canada: essential, non-healthcare ) on 6th May at 8:00 PM EST - I am unable to link my application and did not get any updates since the date of the application.

Should I raise webform or do something? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Mandeepgagan

Apr 3, 2022
Just confirm again, with the docs submitted for your WP, to see what kind of WP was applied for. If your agent applied for the correct type, then you just have to wait. If they didn't, then go ahead and apply for the correct one now. One way to check if you applied for the correct one is also to check how much you paid for the WP. The tr to pr WP costs $155. While other one costs $155 + $100 = $255
my agent paid same fee too -255 , I just realized that but he did ask for my application conformation receipt for my tr to pr application for extension but I mentioned that Its an work permit so may be they paid for processing fee and open work permit fee , I need to confirm it yet.

Feb 18, 2022
Hi,

I applied (Workers in Canada: essential, non-healthcare ) on 6th May at 8:00 PM EST - I am unable to link my application and did not get any updates since the date of the application.

Thanks in advance.
I think you should send a webform

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Just to clarify, you had a post-graduate open work permit that is expired, right?
In either case (work permit or study permit), if you've already applied for extension and you have a maintained status, there is no contraction or issue with your PR application. Any time you receive your portal you become a permanent resident.
Thank you for your reply. I'm not a post-grad yet. Rather, I was and am still in my first program of study after high school. I completed 3 years of high school under valid Study permits in Canada while living with my older brother. I then held a valid Study permit (with open work permit) for my first year of post-secondary education. I applied for the next Study permit in January 2020 (long before the expiry of my status) for the Sept 2020 school year and have now been studying & working under maintained status for several years. IRCC reps, my MP, and the status of my applications on my IRCC account all confirm my 'maintained' status. My employer asks for regular updates and are satisfied so far with IRCC's continued confirmation that I have 'maintained' status. Covid has been the excuse so far. I've never left Canada since turning 18, no issues with the police, my passport, biometrics and medicals are all valid, my English tests are above minimum requirements, and I'm about to finish my third year of full-time studies. I was finishing my second year of study when the TR2PR Pathway was announced. It was a pleasant coincidence that the job I've had since graduating from high school is a Stream B, Essential Worker NOC job, and that I had sufficient hours to apply.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thank you for your reply. I'm not a post-grad yet. Rather, I was and am still in my first program of study after high school. I completed 3 years of high school under valid Study permits in Canada while living with my older brother. I then held a valid Study permit (with open work permit) for my first year of post-secondary education. I applied for the next Study permit in January 2020 (long before the expiry of my status) for the Sept 2020 school year and have now been studying & working under maintained status for several years. IRCC reps, my MP, and the status of my applications on my IRCC account all confirm my 'maintained' status. My employer asks for regular updates and are satisfied so far with IRCC's continued confirmation that I have 'maintained' status. Covid has been the excuse so far. I've never left Canada since turning 18, no issues with the police, my passport, biometrics and medicals are all valid, my English tests are above minimum requirements, and I'm about to finish my third year of full-time studies. I was finishing my second year of study when the TR2PR Pathway was announced. It was a pleasant coincidence that the job I've had since graduating from high school is a Stream B, Essential Worker NOC job, and that I had sufficient hours to apply.
No worries. I see...
That's no problem. As long as you have a valid status in Canada, there is no issue. The maintained status is valid and you can receive your PR under that.

Reactions: CherAmie

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Try to link with UCI & Application ID.

Open your TR2PR application and make sure the information you use to link is what you put in the application.

You have 5 tries.

kraaaaaa

Dec 8, 2021
May 21, 10 pm Stream B - English
AOR- Jan 10
ADR 1 for PCC - Jan 10
uploaded PCC - Jan 10
medicals updated - Feb 4
ADR 2 - employment letter, paystubs - Feb 11
uploaded documents - Feb 15
documents in review - March 10
ADR 3 - Schedule A - March 11
documents in review - March 30
No update since then. Backcheck not updated yet
Any suggestions if its a good idea to travel outside Canada with this status.