+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

prabh_00789

Jun 18, 2021
That means if you are exempted they will refund the fees however nevertheless of the fact that you have to pay it for the application and later they will refund the fees if they found you exempted for biometrics
it says right there tho "Don’t pay the biometrics fee if you’re exempt"

Reactions: sarbpreet

valu_milu

Oct 31, 2016
Have you applied for Tr2Pr? (you are the principal applicant, right?)
Then, you may attach the LOE about your husband immigrant status before and present.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

* Again, I really don't know how to fill out the IMM5710 correctly.
Yes, I have, On May 7th, student stream as main applicant.
That is why I asked, I have not read that there is any restriction for spouses/dependants 18+, more than. it only says that thwy are longer entitled while the main applicant meets the 5 requirements:
1. Residency
2. Application for a temporary resident to permanent resident pathway
3. Authorized to work
4. Language requirements
5. Immigration status

And I meet all.

Thank you Tomican!:)

BTW: * Again, I really don't know how to fill out the IMM5710 correctly. I DO know how to hehehehe

Wethewest

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
The application got Approved! Thank you so much to all of you. This group is amazing!!

• Stream: International Graduate
  • Applied: May 06, 2021, 12:16 PM EST
  • Linked: Jul 06
  • Medical Pass: July 07, 2021
  • Biometrics: BIL on July 07
  • AOR: Jul 08
  • PCC Request: - Uploaded PCC using the webform on July 06, IRCC agent confirmed they received it. (Had to submit PCC in GCkey account on July 28)
  • Portal Email and Credentials: - JULY 28
  • COPR: - JULY 29
Note: I made a mistake in the IMM008E form, submitted the web form after receiving AOR, got an email confirming they received it.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
haha yes sir, that is the reason.
"You must pay the biometric fee when you submit your application. Otherwise, you may experience delays." -https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/how-to-apply.html#fees
But don't beat yourself up for it, I am a little relieved that it was my fault and not because I am just unlucky.
Calling them now to see how I can resolve this.
I don't think the biometric fee is the reason of yours delay, if you have biometric within 10 yrs.
Even you don't have it, they will request. I saw some here and other forums were request to do biometric (new/or again), some got refund.

AIRA123

May 12, 2021
Having chatted about this with others about how IRCC works I think there are a lot of factors they are looking at when they're deciding
The application got Approved! Thank you so much to all of you. This group is amazing!!

• PCC Request: - Uploaded PCC using the webform on July 06, IRCC agent confirmed they received it. (Had to submit PCC in GCkey account on July 28)
Note: I made a mistake in the IMM008E form, submitted the web form after receiving AOR, got an email confirming they received it.
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: Wethewest

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021

Congrats

Reactions: Wethewest

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Yes, I have, On May 7th, student stream as main applicant.
That is why I asked, I have not read that there is any restriction for spouses/dependants 18+, more than. it only says that thwy are longer entitled while the main applicant meets the 5 requirements:
1. Residency
2. Application for a temporary resident to permanent resident pathway
3. Authorized to work
4. Language requirements
5. Immigration status

And I meet all.
Thank you Tomican!:)

BTW: * Again, I really don't know how to fill out the IMM5710 correctly. I DO know how to hehehehe
GOOD LUCK :cool:

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Actually there is conflicting information on their website regarding this.
"
As a temporary measure, we’ve made some changes to biometrics requirements.
  • You may be exempt from having to give your biometrics.
    • Don’t pay the biometrics fee if you’re exempt.
      • If you did pay the fee and you’re exempt, we’ll automatically refund it once we finalize your application.
one of the exemptions is having previously valid Biometrics. /shrug/
Biometrics exemptions for applicants in Canada
You’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have already both:
  • applied or are applying for permanent residence and
  • given your biometrics to us within the last 10 years
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html