+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Edulima

May 24, 2023
My TRV is approved and Passport Request letter received.

I found on CIC that visa validity cannot exceed the validity of biometrics. I assume my TRV will only be valid until Nov 2025 (ten years from when I first gave my biometrics) - which is in 2 years from now. I will also have to submit my passport to VFS in order to get my visa stamp.

My questions are:

1) can I 'renew' my biometrics at VFS first, prior to passport submission, so the tourist visa is stamped for 10 years instead of just 2 more years until Nov 2025?
2) Would these new biometrics then be linked to my now-approved visa application?
3) How can I arrange this, if possible? Do I just make a regular biometrics appointment with VFS and tell them it's for an already-approved application?
4) Do I have to inform Canadian Immigration that I am doing this first?
5) Or is it too late to do the above, and I must get my stamp until Nov 2025, take biometrics again then reapply for another TRV at that time?

Joelpaikada

Star Member
Feb 10, 2023
I applied May 06, 2021 new student pathway yes I send ADR twice one on May 2022 and last one recently last month
It’s good to see that finally IRCC started processing files which were submitted initially. I hope after covering May 6 they will switch over to June applicants. Congratulations to all those who received their golden email and be patient and happy for the rest who are still waiting. This pathway had a lots of ups and downs, IRCC had to extend work permits for many applicants due to backlog from their end but i hope very soon they will end tr to pr. I wish they end it by this year other than extending it to the next year.

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I applied May 6th, around 7pm, application number E0025, I got adr imm5669 for both of us in august 2022, since then no more requests.
I think they are working mostly on files from June, July and more. I was behind because I added my wife after and some mistakes submitting additional documents made my process get delayed

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
For all you guys that recently or las year have submitted Additional Ducuments.. make sure you submitted them properly and also send them through webform by doing that you will avoid delays. That was my case.

Reactions: CherAmie

PRJuneChaser

Star Member
Feb 1, 2023
So how many of us are left in this forum? Looks like only a couple of June applicants?... can we make a forum then for only June applicants who r left?

Reactions: Ash05