+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

sandwichmaker

May 6, 2020
One question.
As I mentioned earlier I just got a PR confirmation email and I am currently waiting for their reply.

As far as I know I need to wait for the portal thingy so that I can send some credentials and photo for my PR document
(what they call virtual landing, right?)

Does that mean that I am technically not a permanent resident yet?
I've done some research about this and found out that I can't at least update my old SIN to the new one (the pr one).
And I was in implied status just before holding a closed-work permit.

So am I still in implied status derived from a closed-work permit which makes it illegal to work in other places?

I am very eager to get a job, but since it is almost over I want to play extra safe. No possibilities of getting into troubles :)

amantharwani05

Jan 27, 2023
Hello Guys,

I applied for PR under TR 2 PR pathways in stream B nonhealthcare essential.

Application submitted 16 July 2021, AOR received 17 July 2022.

After receiving my AOR, I have not received any of the updates, not even a ghost update. I have linked my application with the GC key account and in that, I see the below update. I was asked for an additional document PCC and submitted on 18 July, 2022

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • August 11, 2022, We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have raised multiple web forms and gcms notes and there is no reply from IRCC.

Can somebody help, if they can share the same experience, or maybe I am missing something?

This is really frustrating. Please, advice guys.

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello Guys,

After receiving my AOR, I have not received any of the updates, not even a ghost update. I have linked my application with the GC key account and in that, I see the below update. I was asked for an additional document PCC and submitted on 18 July, 2022

Review of eligibility

Interview
Biometrics
Background
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have raised multiple web forms and gcms notes and there is no reply from IRCC.

Can somebody help, if they can share the same experience, or maybe I am missing something?

I received the initial PR approval email on Tuesday of this week and the PR portal request email yesterday, Thursday. I've updated my signature.

At no time since the passing of my new medical on June 11 and a GU on June 17, has anything at all changed on my account, even now after receiving the PR email. My account still says they're reviewing my eligibility & background is in progress and no final decision has been made yet (same as yours). This is also true for many on this forum. I provided all of my documents up front with no errors so there were no ADRs or requests for clarification. Asking for help from MPs, sending webforms for more information, talking to IRCC agents, and knowing the office where your file is being processed don't help much (sorry to say).

Participating in this forum helped a lot because I could see that the delays weren't personal -- lots of people were/are in the same situation. The other thing I got a little comfort from was ordering my GCMS notes via CBSA through ATIP. At least there I was able to see that my eligibility was passed way back on Aug 4. That was a huge relief to me and since I knew I hadn't broken any laws anywhere, I knew my background check would eventually pass. The recent increased pace of processing of lots of June applicants, including me, leads me to believe that you and other July applicants are not far away from PR. I can only recommend patience, and checking your email daily including your junk/spam folder.

Best wishes!

Last edited:

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
ARE Y'ALL SITTING DOWN? ... I got my OWP (under TR to PR Temp Policy) on Friday, a Ghost Update (GU) on my account this morning, Tuesday, but no change to the status, AND yet received my PR approval email this morning! I've updated my timeline in my signature.

It seems that IRCC is holding to its commitment that finishing TR to PR is a indeed a priority for 2023. For awhile, towards the end of 2022, they were following a pattern of approximately 1 year from AOR, and so that, plus the due date in my GCMS notes, had me believe that I might not get PR until May of 2023. But here it is 'only' 8 months from AOR. So there is hope that they are speeding up the process somewhat.

Best wishes!
Congratulations CherAmie !!!!!! Finally !!!! you were one of the persons I stayed to see you get yours !!! Very Happy for you ! Enjoy excitement !

• Love
Reactions: CherAmie

ron.3

Jan 20, 2023
Hello Guys,

Review of eligibility

Interview
Biometrics
Background

I'm in the same boat as you; applied about a week later and have the same info on IRCC account. It appears that they close to processing the July 2021 applications.