>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hello, all. I hope you are doing well. I have a quick question (which might sound silly) about how to address my MP in my email. Do I just say "Dear MP. so so.." or a simple "dear sir/madam" would suffice? Thank you
It doesn’t matter

arcanjo42

Mar 8, 2022
Niagara Region
App. Filed.......
12-06-2021
AOR Received.
26-04-2022
Also if anyone finds this helpful, I emailed the following people asking for intervention on my application. I got an update after sending an email to them asking for help:
- CIMM@parl.gc.ca ( Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration)
- CMTEDutyDevoir@parl.gc.ca (Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights)
- PM Web Site Comments - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (PM website comment section)
Thanks for that. I sent them an email. The first one replied right away saying they can't do anything... :S

Faithhh3232

Aug 30, 2018
Hi everyone and happy new week.

Please I have a question, if I am not working and my open work permit is expiring early April 2023, would I still be able to apply to extend my open work permit? Or do I need to get a job before applying?

I just want to make sure that the application is approved.
Thank you.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone and happy new week.

Please I have a question, if I am not working and my open work permit is expiring early April 2023, would I still be able to apply to extend my open work permit? Or do I need to get a job before applying?

I just want to make sure that the application is approved.
Thank you.
You don't need to have a job to apply for the OWP under TR to PR. I hope you will receive PR soon, however, just in case it takes longer (past your April expiry), you should apply for an 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway.' You are currently within the 4 month window before expiry so you can apply anytime now, so you will still be under 'maintained' status if PR or the OWP take longer than April to be finalized.

Read this on IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a few times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway (e.g. it says to enter Worker even if I am a Student). Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else. Best wishes!

mississippi

Jan 16, 2023
Hey guys, I have been a visitor of this page for long but this is the first time I am posting something and still figuring out how this thing works.
Application submitted - 15july 2021
Aor - 28 June 2022 and biometrics request same day
nothing after that but I used to call them and inquire about my application status but from last couple of weeks the automated message says it cant find my application and its really frustrating to try it again and again. Any one else facing similar issue ??

Jagnoor102

Nov 28, 2022
There are 29,210 files pending in whitehorse office as of jan 3, 2023.
Stream A healthcare - 2247
Stream B non essential - 19,375
International graduates - 5,335
French stream A - 106
French stream B - 613
French international graduates - 1534
Only 15 officers making final decision and they are assigning files to different officers on first in first out basis. Thts why process is slow

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
There are 29,210 files pending in whitehorse office as of jan 3, 2023.
Stream A healthcare - 2247
Stream B non essential - 19,375
International graduates - 5,335
French stream A - 106
French stream B - 613
French international graduates - 1534
Only 15 officers making final decision and they are assigning files to different officers on first in first out basis. Thts why process is slow
Interesting insight. Where did you get this information and numbers from?

I will be interested to keep an eye as I am one of the 5335 international graduates.

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Interesting insight. Where did you get this information and numbers from?

I will be interested to keep an eye as I am one of the 5335 international graduates.
Never mind, I just saw the post on FB. Also, these numbers are from 3rd Jan. A lot of folks got approvals on 5th/6th.

Faithhh3232

Aug 30, 2018
You don't need to have a job to apply for the OWP under TR to PR. I hope you will receive PR soon, however, just in case it takes longer (past your April expiry), you should apply for an 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway.' You are currently within the 4 month window before expiry so you can apply anytime now, so you will still be under 'maintained' status if PR or the OWP take longer than April to be finalized.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a few times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway (e.g. it says to enter Worker even if I am a Student). Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else. Best wishes!
CherAmie thank you so much for this highly detailed and quick response to my questions.
I am very grateful and appreciate your help.

ZuluMyke

Jan 16, 2023
I applied on: May 20, 2021 (included partner)
Stream B, Essential- Non-HealthCare
AOR: June 12, 2022
(In Canada since August 2019)

Hey all, I'm new over here and in the same boat as most others," the waiting game".
Recently my sponsor LMIA visa expired and I thought it would be possible to extend due to the slow pace of IRCC. I followed the advice of others and took it step by step.

I applied in July 2022 before my December 2022 expiry date. On January 2023 it was refused "Offer of Employment LMIA Exempt" is no longer valid? I was like, well be damned, of course after 6 months of waiting. It almost looked like a deliberate attempt. Anyways as a manager over 24 people, I could not work anymore and might lose the position I worked so hard for. My new year started amazing and currently, I'm figuring out my $2400 rent, bills, animals, and other visa implications. (My partner is not working) Now that aside, after calling IRCC I received different answers.

Agent 1) The refusal of your OWP will not affect your PR. Agent 2) You must be in status or else they will NOT process your TRPR. Lawyer) I need all the papers you submitted and pay me.
Agent 2) The caseworker could have asked you for additional documents and you could have shown them your LMIA. Agent 2) I can not access your profile. Lawyer) LMIA It is unnecessary as you were applying for an open work permit. But can you apply?

My lawyer is asking for $3100 Per person for everything I searched and the LMIA number only cost $230 so I might do it myself ? <-Questionmark.
IRCC asked in December 2022 for additional documents, I was hoping to get an answer soon for my PR and we know that those are high hopes.
A colleague at work keeps telling me: 'There is someone on your case, you will give you an answer soon' By the looks of it some of you received good news in Dec and Jan within weeks after asking for documents ect ect.

But, restoring my WP will take again months to get a decision. I can't work in the meantime and I'm solely focused on my PR and finances at the moment.

What do you think, Is it true you have to be in status (Read that people are in foreign countries waiting) I have 90days the time to restore (April 2023)
Is anyone experienced with restoring WP, and LMIA (tips and tools?)
Or any preference for good anti-depressing medication.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I applied on: May 20, 2021 (included partner)
Stream B, Essential- Non-HealthCare
AOR: June 12, 2022
(In Canada since August 2019)

Hey all, I'm new over here and in the same boat as most others," the waiting game".
Recently my sponsor LMIA visa expired and I thought it would be possible to extend due to the slow pace of IRCC. I followed the advice of others and took it step by step.

I applied in July 2022 before my December 2022 expiry date. On January 2023 it was refused "Offer of Employment LMIA Exempt" is no longer valid? I was like, well be damned, of course after 6 months of waiting. It almost looked like a deliberate attempt. Anyways as a manager over 24 people, I could not work anymore and might lose the position I worked so hard for. My new year started amazing and currently, I'm figuring out my $2400 rent, bills, animals, and other visa implications. (My partner is not working) Now that aside, after calling IRCC I received different answers.

Agent 1) The refusal of your OWP will not affect your PR. Agent 2) You must be in status or else they will NOT process your TRPR. Lawyer) I need all the papers you submitted and pay me.
Agent 2) The caseworker could have asked you for additional documents and you could have shown them your LMIA. Agent 2) I can not access your profile. Lawyer) LMIA It is unnecessary as you were applying for an open work permit. But can you apply?

My lawyer is asking for $3100 Per person for everything I searched and the LMIA number only cost $230 so I might do it myself ? <-Questionmark.
IRCC asked in December 2022 for additional documents, I was hoping to get an answer soon for my PR and we know that those are high hopes.
A colleague at work keeps telling me: 'There is someone on your case, you will give you an answer soon' By the looks of it some of you received good news in Dec and Jan within weeks after asking for documents ect ect.

But, restoring my WP will take again months to get a decision. I can't work in the meantime and I'm solely focused on my PR and finances at the moment.

What do you think, Is it true you have to be in status (Read that people are in foreign countries waiting) I have 90days the time to restore (April 2023)
Is anyone experienced with restoring WP, and LMIA (tips and tools?)
Or any preference for good anti-depressing medication.
I’m not sure I fully understand your situation but it is my understanding that you do not require an LMIA. If you applied for PR under the TR to PR Pathway, you should be eligible for the special ‘OWP under TR to PR Pathway’ that IRCC opened up awhile ago because they knew the TR to PR processing was taking longer than planned.