maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Guys I am in desperate need of help. So my situation is:-

I have applied in TR to PR but haven't received AOR yet. My PGWP is expiring in 11 months:-

1) Should I apply new PGWP now as its expiring in 11 months or need to wait for 6 months when my permit will be left with just 4 months of expiration.

2) I wish to visit my home country. What if I get ADR while I am in India. I know that for PR portal they wait to return but can we submit ADR forms from INDIA?

Please advice
PGWP is only offered once in lifetime. What you meant is OWP. That you could only apply within 4 months of your current PGWP expiry. As you don't have AOR, you need to contact IRCC call center and request agent to send you something in written on email as a proof that you had submitted TR to PR application. It will take lot of work to get that pdf/email from agent but you need to do it. I think for ADR you can submit from India as well, shouldn't be a problem (not a legal advice though).

Reactions: jacob1234

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Finally I got first notification (Medical passed) on my TR to PR application which was submitted June 28th 2021 AOR May 20th 2022. What is the thing to expect next?
many of us have medicals passed since several months ago, nothing fancy

Reactions: FromThe6ix

waitingforPR123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2022
Finally I got first notification (Medical passed) on my TR to PR application which was submitted June 28th 2021 AOR May 20th 2022. What is the thing to expect next?
it's really difficult to say what you should except, it really depends on who's handling your application. I would suggest that you should apply for your GMCS or ATIP notes to see what other progress has been made on your file. because I've also had my medical passed on the 7th of April 2022, and then it changed to Does not require a medical because my medical had expired....

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022

I have applied in TR to PR but haven't received AOR yet. My PGWP is expiring in 11 months:-

1) Should I apply new PGWP now as its expiring in 11 months or need to wait for 6 months when my permit will be left with just 4 months of expiration.

2) I wish to visit my home country. What if I get ADR while I am in India. I know that for PR portal they wait to return but can we submit ADR forms from INDIA?

Please advice
There is a strong possibility that you will receive PR before your PGWP expiry given that IRCC wants all remaining TR2PR applicants processed in 2023 -- there are none forecasted into 2024 or beyond. If at 4 months, before expiry, you still have not received PR, I would definitely apply for the OWP in order to 'maintain' your valid status in Canada.

1) You should be eligible for the ‘OWP under TR to PR Pathway’ & can apply at 4 months before your work permit expires, which for you is still months away. If you were eligible for TR to PR, then you are eligible for the 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway'. Read the instructions carefully all the way through several times, because some of the instructions do not logically follow what is requested online, but follow the instructions anyway because that is how they are 'routing' your application to the right area for processing.

From IRCC's website:
If you applied under the temporary resident to permanent resident (TRPR) pathway, you may be eligible to apply for an open work permit under a temporary public policy.
The policy:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html
How to apply:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

2) I don't know about submitting documents through your account from out of country, but I don't see why it shouldn't work as long as you have access to your account. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS WHO HAS SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS FROM OUT-OF-COUNTRYY?

Best wishes.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022

Please advice
Just checking -- not everyone gets a document or email that actually says 'AOR'. Have you been able to link your application to your account using various combinations of exact personal information from your application?

Reactions: PR Dreamer

AB20

Sep 7, 2022
bro I've gone under/over every type of depression..

At the end of 2021 on new years, I remember thinking to myself that I'll probably get my Permanent residency in 2022 and now I'm going into the new year thinking the exact same thing :') .......................
Same here ! Probably end of 2023 also will be on the same boat .. who knows !

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello Cher Amie, thank you again for the link.
I red everything, the only issue is that i never got the email of confirmation, just the receipt of payment....I dont think i can apply that way.
You said in an earlier post that you had received a letter or email from IRCC saying to be patient, that your application wasn't in the system yet, and you also say you did not receive the confirmation email when you submitted your original application (it's possible that it went to your Junk folder but that may be deleted long ago). I would do the following:

1) Can you see your original application submitted at https://trprpath-voiertrp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in where we all had a special portal, username & password just for the TR2PR submission? That will at least tell us that it's in the original portal even though you may not have the confirmation email.
2) Have you tried to link your application to your online IRCC account using various combinations of personal data (Name, Passport #, place of birth, etc.) exactly as they are written in your application? If so, they have finally transferred your original application over to the GCMS system to start processing your file. You may or may not get an email stating that they have started processing your file (AOR). Always check your JUNK folder & make sure IRCC has your most up to date contact info.
3) I would still apply for the OWP under TR to PR, BEFORE THE END OF DECEMBER, with a Letter of Explanation indicating that the confirmation email may have gone missing but you are not sure why, and include the letter from IRCC saying that they are still working on getting your file into the system.

Reactions: benderrodriguez

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
A reminder that IRCC has forecasted approximately 25,000 PR's for 2023 from the TR2PR Pathway and zero for the following years. They have set finishing TR2PR as a priority though I don't know how that will affect timelines. There are still lots of us left to finalize & y'all are amongst good company! Best wishes for everyone in 2023!

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I had read a post on fb too where someone got rejected because they were outside the country.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I had read a post on fb too where someone got rejected because they were outside the country.
If that's the case, they should appeal it because there are specific policies in place for TR to PR that recognize that due to the delays, people may have left before processing was completed for a variety of reasons. Not every agent knows this & it should be brought to their attention. It is possible also, that they did not respond to IRCC inquiries by the required due dates.

From IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/refused-trpr-outside.html
Temporary public policy for the issuance of permanent resident visas for foreign nationals, who have been refused under the “Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway”

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
If that's the case, they should appeal it because there are specific policies in place for TR to PR that recognize that due to the delays, people may have left before processing was completed for a variety of reasons. Not every agent knows this & it should be brought to their attention. It is possible also, that they did not respond to IRCC inquiries by the required due dates.

From IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/refused-trpr-outside.html
Temporary public policy for the issuance of permanent resident visas for foreign nationals, who have been refused under the “Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway”
thanks for sharing this link, I was looking for it since long. So people have 60 days to apply application for PR if they're refused because they're outside? But what application of PR stream they've to apply to get PR once refused under TR to PR when outside? It doesn't tell where to apply and under what stream and what steps?