+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Richard16

May 28, 2022
Guys, Does the digital photo for the PR card need to be both front and back side? If yes, how do we combine two pictures together? As specification says it should be PNG or JPEG. Thank you for the answering.

HM2014

Aug 12, 2022
I am trying to apply for work permit extension under TR to PR policy. I paid the fees (155) upfront and attached the receipt to my application. But now I am not able to submit the application without paying the fee at the final stage of application which include work permit fee (155) and open work permit fee (100). Somebody pls help me how you submit the application.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I am trying to apply for work permit extension under TR to PR policy. I paid the fees (155) upfront and attached the receipt to my application. But now I am not able to submit the application without paying the fee at the final stage of application which include work permit fee (155) and open work permit fee (100). Somebody pls help me how you submit the application.
You were correct to pay up front. But, according to the special instructions, did you:

Answer “No, I am exempt from paying fees for the application” to the question There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?

Last edited:

HM2014

Aug 12, 2022
You were correct to pay up front. But, according to the special instructions, did you:

Answer “No, I am exempt from paying fees for the application” to the question There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?
Yes i did. I select "No , I am exempt
... "

Intstudent1.0

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
Hello, if anyone was in the same situation or know how to proceed please help!

I want to apply for the open work permit under TR to PR. it says that people under maintained status are eligible to apply. I am under maintained status. Under eligibility it says “When does your status in Canada expire?” my status is valid until there is a decision on my current application and there is no expiry date for maintained status.

the answer is required i can’t continue to other questions until i reply. what can i do please. Is there an answer to this ? Thanks in advance

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Yes i did. I select "No , I am exempt
... "
If you followed the specific OWP under TR to PR instructions below carefully (make sure you click or expand (& read) all of the sections that apply to you), then you will get a document checklist specific to your situation, and a specific separate location to upload your Official Fee Receipt under PROOF OF FEE EXEMPTION in Supporting Documents:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

In addition, you must also follow general Guide 5580 when filling out IMM 5710 -- BUT ONLY WHERE IT DOES NOT CONFLICT WITH THE SPECIFIC OWP for TR to PR INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE. For example, you can ignore Step 3 in the general guide where it says at the end to Pay the Fees because, if you followed the OWP for TR to PR instructions above, you already paid the fees upfront before starting the application and you saved the Official Fee Receipt (for $155) as a PDF. You will then upload the Official Fee Receipt in the Supporting Documents section where it says Proof of Fee Exemption.

I hope that helps. I think you really need to comb through the instructions to see if you've missed something. Best wishes.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello, if anyone was in the same situation or know how to proceed please help!

I want to apply for the open work permit under TR to PR. it says that people under maintained status are eligible to apply. I am under maintained status. Under eligibility it says “When does your status in Canada expire?” my status is valid until there is a decision on my current application and there is no expiry date for maintained status.

the answer is required i can’t continue to other questions until i reply. what can i do please. Is there an answer to this ? Thanks in advance
Based on these special instructions below for OWP for TR to PR, even though you say you are in maintained status, it appears your only option is to enter 'worker' and the date that your last valid permit expired.

Step 4: Get your document checklist
You must answer some questions to create a personalized document checklist.
Make sure you answer these questions correctly
Principal applicants and family members in Canada
  • You would like to work temporarily—more than 6 months.
  • Workers and students must select “Worker” when asked What is your current immigration status in Canada?
    • For students, this is a temporary measure while we update the application system.
If you need to restore your status
  • When asked What is your current immigration status in Canada?, select “Worker”.
  • When asked When does your status in Canada expire?, enter the date that your status expired.

Last edited:

AkilKodra

Mar 29, 2019
Hi everyone! Could you please advise:

1. Applied IG english stream - May 7, 2021.
2. Got AOR and linked account - March 18, 2022.
3. Medical passed - March 18, 2022.
4. ADR - June 21, 2022.
5. Called IRCC July 5, 2022 and they told me that medical passed, eligibility passed, sharing info in progress, criminality in progress, security not started.

Based on other timelines, do you know when I should expect the portal request?

Thank you!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone! Could you please advise:

1. Applied IG english stream - May 7, 2021.
2. Got AOR and linked account - March 18, 2022.
3. Medical passed - March 18, 2022.
4. ADR - June 21, 2022.
5. Called IRCC July 5, 2022 and they told me that medical passed, eligibility passed, sharing info in progress, criminality in progress, security not started.

Based on other timelines, do you know when I should expect the portal request?

Thank you!
It’s anyone’s guess but my estimate is mid-Sept based on a very approximate <6 months from AOR.

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Guys, Does the digital photo for the PR card need to be both front and back side? If yes, how do we combine two pictures together? As specification says it should be PNG or JPEG. Thank you for the answering.
If you got an answer, would you please post it on here? I think most people have left the forum after getting their CoPR.

Reactions: CherAmie

Sharan98

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
Hello Dear

As I submitted my application in tr to pr it will exoire next year 2023

i have question i will eligible to apply for wp? And if i will apply then how many years of work permit i will get.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I was reminded of this potential Biometrics issue on the IRCC website:

Biometrics validity vs. immigration validity documents
  • The validity period of a temporary residence status document cannot extend beyond the remaining validity period of the biometric information.
  • An applicant can voluntarily re-enrol their biometric information in order to extend their validity period to obtain a longer temporary residence document.
  • For example, a client who wants to apply for a new 10-year visa and who last enrolled their biometrics 8 years ago, could obtain a visa for 2 years or they would have to re-enrol their biometrics to receive a visa for the full 10 years. They would also be required to pay a new biometric fee if they chose to re-enrol before the 10-year validity period ends.
Based on the above, I plan to pay to re-enroll/update new Biometrics ($85) and upload the Fee Receipt with a request by Webform for a new BIL to be issued for my recent OWP application under TR to PR. My reason for doing so is to maximize the expiry date on the OWP to Dec 31, 2024. My passport is good until well after this date but my current Biometrics expire in March of 2024. If I were confident in IRCC's processing times, I wouldn't worry about this date and just rely on getting my TR to PR long before then, but I'm not confident given recent back logs, etc.

So my questions are:
  1. Has anyone had their expiry date on their OWP under TR to PR reduced to their Biometric expiry date?
  2. Does anyone have experience or advice on this matter before I proceed with re-enrolling new Biometrics?

Last edited: