+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Can you elaborate further on this?

Did you get a work permit within 2 days?
This is not the work permit document. It's a letter that let you continue working until a decision has been made. It's called "WP-EXT except PGWP".
IRCC recently is sending this (a couple of days after receiving the application) so that if you're employed or need an official letter, you can show this as a proof that you have applied and will receive your extension.

In IRCC website this is what has been posted:
After you apply online, we’ll send you a letter in your account (WP-EXT except PGWP) that you can use as proof that you’re authorized to keep working, if you’re eligible.
  • You can print this letter or show it with your current work permit.
  • The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permituntil we process your application.
    • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Processing time for WP is depend on the Processing Center workload. It can be between 3-4 months roughly.

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
My friend he got AOR on2 Feb but from non essential healthcare , he got copr on 21 June , his file was also white horse file
Do you know what's the difference between portal confirmation and Copr? It says on the website after declaring you are currently in Canada, you'll be getting a Copr, but how long does it take to get it? I've seen people getting it on the next day, is it normally to wait for days or weeks for it? Thank you!

AnD2021

Star Member
Jun 23, 2022
This is not the work permit document. It's a letter that let you continue working until a decision has been made. It's called "WP-EXT except PGWP".
IRCC recently is sending this (a couple of days after receiving the application) so that if you're employed or need an official letter, you can show this as a proof that you have applied and will receive your extension.

In IRCC website this is what has been posted:
After you apply online, we’ll send you a letter in your account (WP-EXT except PGWP) that you can use as proof that you’re authorized to keep working, if you’re eligible.
  • You can print this letter or show it with your current work permit.
  • The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permituntil we process your application.
    • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Processing time for WP is depend on the Processing Center workload. It can be between 3-4 months roughly.
Thank you for clarifying. That was helpful.

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
Oh God!! Thank you so much for your kind words it really means a lot. Also I did reach out to my MP yesterday to get more information on my file. Thank you.
Its good to reach out to mp in such situations to move forward the file. Any kind of ghost updates like changes on ur file in form of application/ profile updated or bg is in progress only depicts ur close to closure of ur pr file and will be receiving portal soon. It will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2.5 months depending on ur officer. So you can relax now and enjoy the rest.

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
Do you know what's the difference between portal confirmation and Copr? It says on the website after declaring you are currently in Canada, you'll be getting a Copr, but how long does it take to get it? I've seen people getting it on the next day, is it normally to wait for days or weeks for it? Thank you!
Usually in most cases i observed since last year, copr is issued immediately the next day or with in 1 week depending on your visa officer. But rarely it happens more than weeks. In such situations, you can notify by calling ircc pr line.