+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Yes, I know. I hear you. That's why there have been some voices out there, saying what about other foreign nationals , who also fled their countries, but didn't get the same treatment as the Ukrainian nationals.
And 15,575 isn't as large as 400, 000 , right? I was reading the stats the other day, (please correct me if I'm wrong), the temporary WP & temporary residents inventories have been added more than 400k applicants from Ukrainian nationals.
Temporary resident visa applications
Data below is for applications received and approved between March 17 and June 8, 2022. Data on this page is approximate and is subject to change.

Applications received
Applications approved

(Derived from IRCC website)

As a result, IRCC has been very busy approving Ukrainian nationals ' applications.

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hey, can anybody tell that medical update to "do not need medical" Is a positive thing or negative?
Thanks!
Neither, it most likely means that your medicals have expired. When they review the medicals, they set an expiry date for the results. Once that date arrives, it changes to this status automatically.

The only downside might be that they might request new medicals. However, it depends on the officer. In many cases, they are okay with the expired medicals and do not ask for a new one.

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Neither, it most likely means that your medicals have expired. When they review the medicals, they set an expiry date for the results. Once that date arrives, it changes to this status automatically.

The only downside might be that they might request new medicals. However, it depends on the officer. In many cases, they are okay with the expired medicals and do not ask for a new one.
I'm not sure if that's true. Mine was got updated to "passed", and then the very next day, there was another update, saying " we do not need ....".

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
I'm not sure if that's true. Mine was got updated to "passed", and then the very next day, there was another update, saying " we do not need ....".
Possibly! I was speaking from my own experience.

My GCMS notes stated that my medicals are valid till 10th June. Even before 10th June, I was expecting a GU. As expected, I got the GU on 10th June and when I looked at 'Review of medical results' section, it changed from 'Passed' to 'You do not need'.

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Possibly! I was speaking from my own experience.

My GCMS notes stated that my medicals are valid till 10th June. Even before 10th June, I was expecting a GU. As expected, I got the GU on 10th June and when I looked at 'Review of medical results' section, it changed from 'Passed' to 'You do not need'.
Maybe they changed the way they review the files in recent years? Like GUs, from "passed" to " we do not need...." or some people got their portal requests, but found their accounts still showed " bg in progress " for some reason.

cantoxxyyzz

Star Member
Feb 12, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney -> Whitehorse -> Calgary
AOR Received.
08-02-2022
Anyone got an update from the Whitehorse Office? My file was stuck in whitehorse office since Feb. It’s really annoying!
Yes I know right
They only worked half day a week there, that's why everyone got struck the process up there.

Reactions: JACKPT

cantoxxyyzz

Star Member
Feb 12, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney -> Whitehorse -> Calgary
AOR Received.
08-02-2022
E0026 series and French language applicant. Been stuck at BG check for 2 months.
Mine E0026xxxx Feb 8 AOR and Linked, still waiting for the portal and nothing update since then.... Whitehorse officer!

Reactions: T0pubo

HopefulCanadian!!

Feb 11, 2022
Guys, apparently
Primary Office: This is the office that will issue your PPR (passport request). - Mine is Centralized intake office
Secondary Office: This is the office that will evaluate your application - Mine is Whitehorse

I got my privacy act notes today and this was in the notes:
'*** THIS IS A BATCH NOTE*** Item(s) received, see incoming correspondence for details.
It was created by an officer in whitehorse a couple of days ago.

Good sign or no?

Reactions: jacob1234