+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 Reconsideration Requests

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
To those who submitted a reconsideration request this year, may you post your request’s timeline and outcome/update?
Here’s mine:
-May 17, 2021: Refusal received for SOWP Application
-May 18, 2021: Reconsideration Request sent thru email and webform
***No update, not even an acknowledgment, has been received to this day.

Reactions: abdullah23

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Why did you send webform for reconsideration? Is there proof that the VO made a mistake in your application? There is no obligation on IRCC's part to reconsider your application. You should rather have reapplied or pursue a judicial review if you so desire.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Pleasewait

Jul 27, 2021
Hey
I got visa refusal and I raised webform. After one week I got this reply “your file has been sent immigration officer” and after that email I have received nothing. It’s been 55days and I’ve also sent them a reminder. Is this normal due to covid? Should I wait more?

Reactions: DesiPikachu

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Hey
I got visa refusal and I raised webform. After one week I got this reply “your file has been sent immigration officer” and after that email I have received nothing. It’s been 55days and I’ve also sent them a reminder. Is this normal due to covid? Should I wait more?
This can actually put applicants in a limbo. Read somewhere an applicants file was reopened, remained that way for over 60 days and was rejected again. In the interim you cant make a fresh application as well. Best is to reapply.

Pleasewait

Jul 27, 2021
This can actually put applicants in a limbo. Read somewhere an applicants file was reopened, remained that way for over 60 days and was rejected again. In the interim you cant make a fresh application as well. Best is to reapply.
After 60days that applicant portal was reactivated and then got a refusal or what was the case please elaborate? No I can’t find such comment anywhere

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
After 60days that applicant portal was reactivated and then got a refusal or what was the case please elaborate? No I can’t find such comment anywhere
Make a new application. If you have been refused, your application is already closed.

Pleasewait

Jul 27, 2021
Make a new application. If you have been refused, your application is already closed.
No I haven’t received this sort of reply from them.
even though when I sent reminder to them still there was no such response to me they just sent me receiving after 2 days moreover I also called IRCC and they told me wait!!

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
No I haven’t received this sort of reply from them.
even though when I sent reminder to them still there was no such response to me they just sent me receiving after 2 days moreover I also called IRCC and they told me wait!!
Reconsideration is irrelevant. Your study permit was refused and therefore the case has been closed.

They are not going to reply to your webform

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
To those who submitted a reconsideration request this year, may you post your request’s timeline and outcome/update?
Here’s mine:
-May 17, 2021: Refusal received for SOWP Application
-May 18, 2021: Reconsideration Request sent thru email and webform
***No update, not even an acknowledgment, has been received to this day.
Hi i also submitted reconsideration last march. But no update up to now. My lawyer even follow up last week of June but so far no update. Hoping for good news...

Pleasewait

Jul 27, 2021
Hi i also submitted reconsideration last march. But no update up to now. My lawyer even follow up last week of June but so far no update. Hoping for good news...
Hello
My reconsideration file is in Warsaw? Yours as well? Yesterday my lawyer sent them reminder and I received acknowledgment. He sent them reminder through email because their web form is not working.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Hello
My reconsideration file is in Warsaw? Yours as well? Yesterday my lawyer sent them reminder and I received acknowledgment. He sent them reminder through email because their web form is not working.
I am not sure which location. My lawyer knows. I never ask lol.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
i seen one post on facebook a week ago for reconsideration on webform and luckily guy received reply and later PPR request ,,,, rarely happen and matter of luck