+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 Reconsideration Requests

marleesingh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Are you in Canada after receiving a departure order? If using a consultant, you agreed to and signed any documents. IRCC doesn’t accept the explanation that my consultant “did it.” It is very clear in IRCC rules/regulations that you are responsible for what is submitted if you use a consultant. Your EE file is closed so reapply.
Can a lawyer or registered consultant stop a departure order?
Recently i was told person has 30days to leave Canada.
Its the date on letter. NOT when letter is received.
Is it even possible for lawyer do anything within that small time frame?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Can a lawyer or registered consultant stop a departure order?
Recently i was told person has 30days to leave Canada.
Its the date on letter. NOT when letter is received.
Is it even possible for lawyer do anything within that small time frame?
The consultant will be of no use for sure, an immigration lawyer might be able to help.

Reactions: Naturgrl

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Hey
I got visa refusal and I raised webform. After one week I got this reply “your file has been sent immigration officer” and after that email I have received nothing. It’s been 55days and I’ve also sent them a reminder. Is this normal due to covid? Should I wait more?
What happened to your reconsideration please help I am planning to sent reconsideration request request did you add additional documents while sending request?

lisarogers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2021
Yes, attach any additional document which might help them to re-look. they usually come back within 2-3 weeks, ofcourse in my case it wasnt a positive outcome.

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Yes, attach any additional document which might help them to re-look. they usually come back within 2-3 weeks, ofcourse in my case it wasnt a positive outcome.
Hie I also applied reconsideration on March 16 can u share your time . And sorry to hear about ur negative results .please and thanks

Rageshqld

Feb 22, 2022
Hey
I got visa refusal and I raised webform. After one week I got this reply “your file has been sent immigration officer” and after that email I have received nothing. It’s been 55days and I’ve also sent them a reminder. Is this normal due to covid? Should I wait more?
Any update on your reconsideration request???

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
I have submitted my reconsideration request on 24 April, on 28 April I received this email,

"Dear Applicant

Thank you for your email regarding the refusal of your recent application to Canada. We realize that this decision may come as a disappointment to you.

Your request for reconsideration of the refusal of your application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review. This delegated official will review the contents of your message, the application and the refusal decision.

Based on a review of all of these factors, they will consider whether an error in fact, in law, or in procedural fairness has occurred and whether or not your file will be re-opened.

Your request will be reviewed within 30 days of this email, If the Migration Officer determines the decision was rendered with no error in fact, law, or procedural fairness, this message will serve as notification of the review and you will receive a reply to this effect. No further reconsideration requests will be considered without the submission of a new application.

Should the Migration Officer decide to re-open your file, you will be contacted with information on next steps.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."

Waiting for their reply...

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
I have submitted my reconsideration request on 24 April, on 28 April I received this email,

"Dear Applicant

Thank you for your email regarding the refusal of your recent application to Canada. We realize that this decision may come as a disappointment to you.

Your request for reconsideration of the refusal of your application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review. This delegated official will review the contents of your message, the application and the refusal decision.

Based on a review of all of these factors, they will consider whether an error in fact, in law, or in procedural fairness has occurred and whether or not your file will be re-opened.

Your request will be reviewed within 30 days of this email, If the Migration Officer determines the decision was rendered with no error in fact, law, or procedural fairness, this message will serve as notification of the review and you will receive a reply to this effect. No further reconsideration requests will be considered without the submission of a new application.

Should the Migration Officer decide to re-open your file, you will be contacted with information on next steps.

You are very lucky. We have applied in March 15 and waiting for our file to be sent to immigration officer .. you will get ur response within 4-5 days once file reach officer

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi,

Today I received the response to my reconsideration request, My eligibility is started again and they have sent a "Request Letter" to upload the updated "Letter of Acceptance" from the university.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

Please provide an updated LOA or proof from the university that you will still be accepted in to your program.

This must be received at this office by: 2022/07/17

But the main issue is that I have withdrawn the admission from my M.Sc and applied for Ph.D. in the same DLI and same department. I will receive the Ph.D. admission offer letter within the next few days with the same funding/scholarship conditions.

Can I upload the fully-funded Ph.D. admission offer letter instead of the fully-funded M.Sc?

Here is my thread regarding refusal: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-refused-fully-funded-masters-scholarship.766706/#post-10068795

Thank you

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
The details on my timeline are mentioned in March 2020 AOR
Hey can you please provide your timeline for re-consideration as for my brother's study permit we believe that it is an error made by ircc.
Webform for reconsideration raised on 14th june,2022.
Still waiting to hear from them.

Sam2221

Aug 22, 2022

"Dear Applicant

How did you apply for reconsideration?