+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 COPR - Inland spousal sponsorship

lxx260905

Dec 17, 2020
New thread for inland spousal sponsorship waiting for copr after receiving SA/AIP and ecas DM on both sides

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Hello dude, just wondering. My wife got the COPR today, but it seems as if we dont have to go to the border anymore?? We are already in Canada, but I recall, back in my days when I got the permanent residence that you needed to send the passport to the IRCC so they could stamp a visa and then you would get to go to the border to do the landing. Do you know if that has changed?? where can I refer to?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hello dude, just wondering. My wife got the COPR today, but it seems as if we dont have to go to the border anymore?? We are already in Canada, but I recall, back in my days when I got the permanent residence that you needed to send the passport to the IRCC so they could stamp a visa and then you would get to go to the border to do the landing. Do you know if that has changed?? where can I refer to?
Things are done differently due to COVID. Under normal circumstances, inland applicants would go to their local IRCC office with their spouses and "land" as PR. But due to covid, IRCC are now approving the application online and mailing COPR directly to the applicant instead. The applicant may have to submit new PR pics for new PR cards. They are not transferring the application to IRCC Halifax for PR card. processing. Once you get the COPR in the mail, you will have instructions with the COPR papers on how to apply for new PR card.

Mind you, this new procedure is a temporary measure until the pandemic is over with. Once pandemic is done, it will go back to normal operating inland procedures.

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Things are done differently due to COVID. Under normal circumstances, inland applicants would go to their local IRCC office with their spouses and "land" as PR. But due to covid, IRCC are now approving the application online and mailing COPR directly to the applicant instead. The applicant may have to submit new PR pics for new PR cards. They are not transferring the application to IRCC Halifax for PR card. processing. Once you get the COPR in the mail, you will have instructions with the COPR papers on how to apply for new PR card.

Mind you, this new procedure is a temporary measure until the pandemic is over with. Once pandemic is done, it will go back to normal operating inland procedures.
Thanks man for your help!

Reactions: Hpskhalsa