+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 Non-Routine Citizenship Application

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,

I sent my paper application September 29 2020, and AOR is received January 2021.

So far, I only have background and citizenship test completed. I attended an interview on Feb 7th 2023, and nothing after that yet,, still in progress.

MP wasn't helpful after many attempts with her.. I requested notes, in the notes show the application is "On Hold"

I traveled outside Canada 2 times when I was a PR, and once when I was a protected person. I originally was a protected person and I had a 2yr RTD that I used to travel to Europe (not to my country of origin), but Passport Canada (Gatineau office) took it back when I applied for the renewal of the RTD, but the new RTD came with 5 years because I became a PR when I applied for the RTD's renewal.

Obviously when I submitted my citizenship application, I submitted all info for passport of my country of origin, as well as the new 5-yr RTD, but I didn't have that 2-yr RTD in hand to submit its info because Passport Canada (Gatineau office) had it when I applied for its renewal, so I did not document its information in the citizenship application, though I mentioned it in the application and I said in the notes "that I had a 2-yr RTD that I no longer posses and Passport Canada Gatineau has it". Do you think not submitting the info of the 2-yr RTD is delaying my application? I don't know if they're even checking with Passport Canada if that's true or not....

Thank you,

Last edited:

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Did you have include information about the travel documents (like the number, issued date and expiry)? Or you didn’t have information at all

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Did you have include information about the travel documents (like the number, issued date and expiry)? Or you didn’t have information at all
For the 2-yr travel document, no I didn't have that information at all, so I couldn't include it in the citizenship application. Instead, in the application there was a note box where I can write whatever I want, so I wrote in that box that I don't have that 2-yr travel document, and Passport Canada in Gatineau took it from me when I renewed it to the 5-yr travel document.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
I see, what did they ask you in the interview? Was it relevant to this?
They asked me about my travel during time I was a protected person and PR. I provided the information.. The officer didn't bring up the 2-yr travel document subject.

Also, other questions such as what do I do for living, and if I rent or own.

Thank you,

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
What is your location on the notes? Sorry to know you have to go through all this shit. Do you see your security completed?

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Which location you're referring to in the notes? It shows
Primary Office: Montreal Citizenship
Secondary Office: CPC Sydney
Clearance Requests: RCMP/CSIS: Y
Language: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Security:
Oath: Not Started

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
looks like they are waiting for your security clearance from CSIS.

Location is generally on 3rd page.

office: You current office - Mine is Scarbrough
# Your Application number
Location : <-- This is where it will show your file's location. Generally, a stage where it is currently in. Mine is Grant PR Status

Application assignment

Due date :
Assigned by :
Assigned to :

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
The sound of your location does not feel right. But as you mentioned you never traveled to your country of origin or applied for a Passport from your country which should be good. Thanks for the quick reply.

What I think is IRRC has put you in Location: Grant Cessation -

This location seems to check if you have compiled with all the protected person's requirements.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Thank you so much for the response and insight.

Yes I didn't apply for my country of origin's passport for exactly that reason, and instead I applied for RTD to avoid situations like these, but it backfired somehow!

Thanks,

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
As you have no concerns. you are good. IRCC seems to take its own sweet time in dealing with a protected person's citizenship. They will eventually approve the citizenship.

Do you see any notes on the bottom pages? There might be some if the officer that was assigned the ticket worked on it.