+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[2019] BCPNP-International Post Graduate-Let's Gather Here!!!!!

joshjzb

Jul 4, 2019
Dear fellow Masters and PhDs,

Let's gather here along our journey towards PR!

Myself:
1. Master's degree from UBC, 2019;
2. Just submitted my PNP application about a week ago.

Any input related to this stream will be greatly appreciated:)

joshjzb

Jul 4, 2019
I have a question: for someone who does not have a work permit when she submitted the BCPNP application, will there always be a Work Permit Support Letter once the application gets approved?

random1992

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
01-06-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019

Myself:

EE or paper-based ?if you applied for paper based, it takes 1 day to get nomination. Not sure about EE.
I used my master degree (non-ee), and have gotten my pr and landed in BC.

joshjzb

Jul 4, 2019
EE or paper-based ?if you applied for paper based, it takes 1 day to get nomination. Not sure about EE.
I used my master degree (non-ee), and have gotten my pr and landed in BC.
Paper-based. That fast? It's been 1 week for now and the status is still "applied"

random1992

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
01-06-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
Paper-based. That fast? It's been 1 week for now and the status is still "applied"
Yes. I applied 2018. It took me a day to get decision made and nomination letter, the same for my other classmates who applied using degree from SFU and UBC.
But I guess it is summer, it may take more time. But you should get yours next week for sure.

joshjzb

Jul 4, 2019
Yes. I applied 2018. It took me a day to get decision made and nomination letter, the same for my other classmates who applied using degree from SFU and UBC.
But I guess it is summer, it may take more time. But you should get yours next week for sure.

random1992

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
01-06-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
I have a question: for someone who does not have a work permit when she submitted the BCPNP application, will there always be a Work Permit Support Letter once the application gets approved?
You may want to open a new thread to ask this question. I have been studying as a PhD student ubc after my master, so I had study permit.
You can apply for post graduate work permit I think without a support letter

joshjzb

Jul 4, 2019

Myself:

Update: My Timeline
Stream: BCPNP-POST GRAD-PAPER BASED
BCPNP SUBMISSION: 07/15/2019
BCPNP DECISION FINALIZED: 08/12/2019
BCPNP NOMINATION
: 08/14/2019

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018

Myself:

Do we need the degree at hand for this or program completion letter from UBC is enough for this ? The reason i am saying is because at times there is a big gap (5/6 months) between when you finish your masters program and the time you have your official convocation for the "degree" . Please advise

joshjzb

Jul 4, 2019
Do we need the degree at hand for this or program completion letter from UBC is enough for this ? The reason i am saying is because at times there is a big gap (5/6 months) between when you finish your masters program and the time you have your official convocation for the "degree" . Please advise
Based on the technical guide, a copy of the letter of completion along with final transcripts should be enough.

"Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate Category The nominee applicant must provide:
Copy of Canadian immigration records (if applicable)
Copy of biographical page of passport Current photograph Copy of LMIA (if applicable)
Copy of education and/or training certificates*
Official education transcripts Copy of Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) (if applicable)
Current resume/C.V. Evidence of intent to reside in B.C.
For further information on each document, please see the descriptions listed here.

* A letter from the post-secondary institution showing the completion of required courses if a certificate is not available"

Mak111

Feb 15, 2018
Hi all!

I am a beginner in immigration. If some one has experience with following, please help! This is for BC PNP.

I am applying under international graduate stream.

My question-

-What should be the date and wage rate on offer letter? Its been a year now since i started job. My wage rate increased after a year. I was not issued offer letter when i started employment. Should i put date and wage rate of when i completed my 1 year? Can i still claim 1 year of experience?

- I have 2 months of experience on previous job in same noc code. Can i claim that as well? Do i need offer letter from employer OR just employment letter is fine?

- My highest level of education is post graduation that i did in BC. I have bachelor's from home country(equivalent to canadian bachelors) and had eca for it. Can i claim eca points? I am going for EEBC stream.

Thank you, any help is appreciated.:)

User 321

Oct 11, 2019
Hey Guys
I applied for EE PNP on July 23,2019 after 2 weeks of submission my application move to in process and remain same for 2 months and last week it changed back to applied. Does any one have any idea what is going on with my file
Thanks