+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Outland PR Spousal applicants

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

Waiting can be the hardest thing to do in this process and so I thought of creating this page for us to have some light on what we are waiting for and to hear from those who finished the process already.

We applied for the Spousal application while my husband is in Canada and I am here in the middle east working ( outland application.)
here is our timeline:

Jan. 2, 2018- we submitted our application via courier.
Jan 4, @008- They received it ( delivered- confirmed only by Canada post)
Feb. 21, 2018- I received an email having my application no. and UCI and asking us to link our application but unfortunately, I locked already after using 3 diff GCkey accounts. I will try again later, and try the suggestions I saw in this page. I hope this time it will be linked. Is this a confirmation email from CIC regarding our application?

what's the next email/step that we should be receiving?

We know some people who had this process and they say that it is faster now this time and it took others 4-6 months from their application until they received their PR. Does anyone here experience the same?
pls. share your timeline.

I have a limited time here waiting, for my contract ends here by July 15 at most and I hope my PR will be available by then or else I need to sign for another 2 years(that's not our option) and I really want to be with my husband already.

I heard that police clearance is optional and will be sent only when they ask, is there anyone in here who hadn't ask for a police clearance?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Expect your application to take 12 months. It may be approved sooner, it may take longer. The first stage is the sponsorship approval (AOR1) and that takes up to about 4 months (sometimes less) After that, they will forward your application to the local embassy to process your application. Police certificates are required from all countries where you have spent more than 6 months. This can be waived sometimes, but only in exceptional circumstances. Don’t expect your application to be approved by July, as that may not happen. Late 2018 is more realistic. And don’t be surprised if your account doesn’t update.....they can be a little tardy on the updates. I would suggest you move your post to the “family sponsorship” section of the forum. Much better feedback from that section.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
i sent spousal application on Jan 16 2018 and still waiting for file #? did anybody got it yet?
There is a Jan 2018 calendar floating around in the family sponsorship forum. I too am waiting to hear. Our application was received on Jan 4th and we haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping its not en route back to us :(

rawaan

Mar 17, 2018
Hello everyone.
I need some expert opinion from you. Here is my situation:
M a canadian pr & my gf is us green card holder. She is a single mom with a kid of 12 years old. We both want to get married & live in ontario. We both have Bangladeshi passport.
My question is how may we start our migration process? What is the easiest way to migrate in canada?
Pls give me some advise.
N.B: My gf is not that much educated or have any usa job experience.

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone.
I need some expert opinion from you. Here is my situation:
M a canadian pr & my gf is us green card holder. She is a single mom with a kid of 12 years old. We both want to get married & live in ontario. We both have Bangladeshi passport.
My question is how may we start our migration process? What is the easiest way to migrate in canada?
Pls give me some advise.
N.B: My gf is not that much educated or have any usa job experience.
Apply for a tourist visa and go to US and get marry and then process her as a spousal visa... just an idea