+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 inland spousal still witing

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
hey hope you doing well, I'm waiting too 2018 applicant. How did you know your background check has not been initiated? Did you see it from Gckey or Ecas? Sometimes I believe they don't update their data. BGc should concurrently start once you have sponsor passed. When did you get SA on ecas?
I called them and the agent said background check not startee yet. And sponsor waw passed way back in early 2019.

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
I called them and the agent said background check not startee yet. And sponsor waw passed way back in early 2019.
Did you order GCMS notes, when is your eligibility and security due date? My file has no motion since 2019 Sept so far 19 months for nothing.
if your file is in the local office like my situation, maybe it takes longer.

Pavikash

Aug 14, 2019
Hello everyone
could anyone please help me know how did you guys contacted your MP regarding you application?? Did you guys email or met them in person?? Were they helpful to you?? I have read many people saying letter/email from MP can make a movement to their application.
Thank you in advance. Any help or advice will pe appreciated.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hello everyone
could anyone please help me know how did you guys contacted your MP regarding you application?? Did you guys email or met them in person?? Were they helpful to you?? I have read many people saying letter/email from MP can make a movement to their application.
Hi ! You can find your mp with your postal code here https://www.noscommunes.ca/Members/fr
First time I called them and they give us an appointement with someone of their team. They send update request and support letter and Every time it make things move 7 days after. You can see in my signature.

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone
hey is your eligibility overdue? When are your eligibility and security due ? MP can make an inquiry through their special phone line to IRCC agent. They can not help you induce a result tho. good luck

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
June 2020 has passed too without aby movement in the application. Over 2 years and still counting. MP sent another inquery and same response that iccrc is working with reduced staff. Last update was in feb 2019. Agent says application is waiting for and officer and no timframe is available for finish. Man thts getting anoying.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
June 2020 has passed too without aby movement in the application. Over 2 years and still counting. MP sent another inquery and same response that iccrc is working with reduced staff. Last update was in feb 2019. Agent says application is waiting for and officer and no timframe is available for finish. Man thts getting anoying.
its getting so frustrating! Today a bunch of people of april 2019 got dm . A lot of people from august 2019 got dm ( NOT EVEN A YEAR !!!! )
I'm happy for them but i'm crying inside when I see that.
in a week its gonna be 28 months for us :(

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
Did you order GCMS notes ? Did your security Screening and background check complete ?
I find MP was not helpful at all , this one in my riding basically telling me wait 18 months once it get transferred to local office is justifiable. On top of that pandemic is ongoing so don’t expect anything comes out during this time.
By the way, I saw you're still waiting for a medical request? Strangely I have never been asked for a medical check, according to the agent from IRCC call center, some ppl will be exempted from medical b/c public policy. They waived my meds check. I saw some older posts they get PR without a medical MRI check.

Last edited:

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
Did you order GCMS notes ? Did your security Screening and background check complete ?
I find MP was not helpful at all , this one in my riding basically telling me wait 18 months once it get transferred to local office is justifiable. On top of that pandemic is ongoing so don’t expect anything comes out during this time.
By the way, I saw you're still waiting for a medical request? Strangely I have never been asked for a medical check, according to the agent from IRCC call center, some ppl will be exempted from medical b/c public policy. They waived my meds check. I saw some older posts they get PR without a medical MRI check.
Gcms notes came today around 75 pages. Hard to understand. Long story short file still incomplete and me still waiting.

• Sad
Reactions: Minian

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Same here. Today we had big expectation.... the last agent we spoke with told us that they put july 20 for 'revison date' and it's been two months that we received pre arrival. Around 3pm I emailed my representant to know if there was something new in GCKEY and they did not answer yet. Ecas it is still 'in process' on PR side but I think that they update it once a day, in the night....
Hope we are gonna have good news tomorrow.
aug 8 it's goiing to be 29 months that we applied and one year that they start the process of the PR application :(

Reactions: koolord

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Anyone got any update?
Been asked To redo medical on july 23, done the exam on july 24. Result been approuved on july 31 in gckey . Medical was expired since sept 2019. Dont know why they waited so long To ask again :( so here we are. Waiting again.

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
we made it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got copr !!!!!!!!!! 29 month of waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG good luck to all you guys !!!
Congradulations. Happy for u and hopefull our applications will see sm movement. Atleast good sign that they r finally looking into 2018 applications.

Reactions: Minian

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
Did any1 here get any update. Mine same on my gckey but when i check on online tool it says decision made. So confused!!!!!