+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 inland spousal still witing

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
We are in the same boat as you its been 2.5 year since we started our case, i even gave my interview and passed got pre arrival service mail its been 6 months after my interview we just got another medical cauz the previous one was expired and passed that too on feb 2020 after that we didnt hear anything from them. My case is from afghanistan and my wife is a canadian citizen.
Have you heard anything back from them in these days?
It's an Outland application ? Normally it's faster than inland.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
This is so frustating !
I can't believe they don't have enough agents working to at least take care of the backward files like ours!
Our MP just sent a really great letter of support saying that he dont think that 26 month of delay is justifiable ( then we put the link to their 'équité procédural' ) becaus we have always respond to their demand really quick and we have paid all the fees. We hope it's gonna make move things !
Lets hope for the best

Reactions: Minian

RJean

Jul 14, 2019
Hello everyone,I'm in the same boat.. im September 2018 applicant... i just got an interview march 25 2020,and before the interview they wrote my lawyer and say they cancel the interview.. And after i never got an update,its so frustrated.... hope all of you guys get an update pretty soon

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
hi guys ! Just to let you know that we received our gcms notes and the agent worked on our files april 15 ! So they are still working. That's a good news !

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Lets hope for the best

Its worked !!!!! we received today ( 1 week after the Mp's letter ) a communication from IRCC !!!! They finally approuved the documents that we submit on march 13 and they go on with the treatmant . it's sign by another agent ( all communication received so far were from the same agent except this one ) so I think that they remove our files from him!! So next for us ; Medical is expried so we think they are gonna ask again ( in the other hand I really dont understand why they did not ask when we received AIP, the medical for the child was there , so maybe they are not gonna ask for another ?.... ) After that DM !!!!! ( We know by the notes that criminilaty is done and security underway )

My advice for everybody who have delays like us MAKE YOUR SELF HEARD!!!!!! CAll, send webform, use your MP !!!!! every time we did it we had news fromm IRCC the week after ! But I think that my best shot is when I found the 'equité procédural' and ask the MP to use it in a letter !
And order your note !!!!

So please send us positive vibe for a dm soon !!! 26 months is not funny at all!!!

Last edited:

Ahmad1001

Star Member
Dec 8, 2019
Hi, my beautiful wife and I filled out the web form, we’ve been waiting for my case to get approved to Canada for 26 months now. The webform reply I received last week they said background check and criminality check is done they're just waiting for a final review and nobody knows how long that will take... I was doing research on equité procédural and I wanted to ask Should we go further with it or will it be harmful towards our case.
If yes what is the procedure, how long will it take, do I have to wait more, are we applicable for it?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my beautiful wife and I filled out the web form, we’ve been waiting for my case to get approved to Canada for 26 months now. The webform reply I received last week they said background check and criminality check is done they're just waiting for a final review and nobody knows how long that will take... I was doing research on equité procédural and I wanted to ask Should we go further with it or will it be harmful towards our case.
If yes what is the procedure, how long will it take, do I have to wait more, are we applicable for it?
Enquiring won't hurt your case but like many other offices coronavirus significantly changed how CIC processes applications and the health of the workers will always be #1. Immigration isn't something that can be done from home for privacy reasons.

Ahmad1001

Star Member
Dec 8, 2019
Enquiring won't hurt your case but like many other offices coronavirus significantly changed how CIC processes applications and the health of the workers will always be #1. Immigration isn't something that can be done from home for privacy reasons.
I totally agree with what you are saying but a month ago during this pandemic two of our relatives got their final decission and are now together with their spouses... so clearly CIC work from their home too.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
HI ! I wrote a letter that i ask to my MP to send in his name ( not like the letters is comming from us ) saying this ;

In order to avoid processing times, applicants have always collaborated and responded quickly to your requests. We question whether a 26 month processing time is justifiable . Then we put the link to their equite procedural.

But before doiing that I order my GCMS notes to be 100% sure it was not our fault if it was so long. In my note I see that an agent open our file for the first time in august 2019, 17 monthe after the deposit.
And it was important for me that the letter dont come from us. I dont want to challenge immigration my self. This letter wrote by the deputer was more powerfull and 'political'
I'm lucky, my deputy is very proactive and accept without hesitation to send this letter in his name.

It worked, one weeks later ( may 15 ) immigration send us communication about someting we were wainting since march and may 21 we got pre arrival.

june 8 it's goiing to be 27 months

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I did contact the MP in DEC2019 and he gave the same info that i already knew. But the did ask me meet him if nothing happens till 1st weej of april. And nothing happened. But now with all this covid 19 lockdown stuff going on it is not possible to meet him and even i got to meet him smhow i am pretty sure he is gonna say me to wait till this thing is over. We all need anwer for the delay though.

Hi!

Is there something new on your side ?

We received pre arrivel May 21. Think we are almost at the end this time...

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
Hi!

Is there something new on your side ?

We received pre arrivel May 21. Think we are almost at the end this time...
No absolutely nothing. MP days contact him after covid crisis is over. In the webform ircc says file is still in progress. Background check has not started yet and they are working with reduced staff so be patient. Havnt had medical request either. Dont know what should be limit to keep patience.

• Sad
Reactions: Minian

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
No absolutely nothing. MP days contact him after covid crisis is over. In the webform ircc says file is still in progress. Background check has not started yet and they are working with reduced staff so be patient. Havnt had medical request either. Dont know what should be limit to keep patience.
It is sad that your MP told you to wait. Mine was really willing to help even with the covid. I saw a lot of people having dm in past week. Lets just hope they will not forget us

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
hey hope you doing well, I'm waiting too 2018 applicant. How did you know your background check has not been initiated? Did you see it from Gckey or Ecas? Sometimes I believe they don't update their data. BGc should concurrently start once you have sponsor passed. When did you get SA on ecas?

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
hey hope you doing well, I'm waiting too 2018 applicant. How did you know your background check has not been initiated? Did you see it from Gckey or Ecas? Sometimes I believe they don't update their data. BGc should concurrently start once you have sponsor passed. When did you get SA on ecas?
Hi !
What is your timeline ?