+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 parents and grandparents visa draw?

pav.scorpion

Apr 14, 2017
Buddy, you should have thought about this before applying in the draw. Your ignorance has wasted the chance for another eligible candidate :(

samahmedpk2000 said:
I have just received email for acknowledgement of selection.

But I have a quick query.

I was not working from last 2-3 years was studying before. Would it be possible me and my sister both can fill it. I meant can she also added as a sponsor in my file. Note that I am working now.
Me and my sister both married. She individually can meet the requirement for 3-years income.

Thank you,

ss_ustc

Sep 21, 2016
my wife received her selection email around 8:24 AM MST time today
i havent received mine yet, is there still a chance to receive any e-mail knowing the fate of my application

CIC said they have sent e-mail to everyone, but looks like lot of people still waiting any e-mail from CIC. Can anyone please share your thoughts on this please?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
This is in CIC website:

Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a parent or grandparent.

The online submission form to show your interest closed at noon on February 2, 2017. We are no longer accepting submissions.

We’ve reviewed the submissions and removed duplicate entries. Just over 95 000 people expressed their interest to sponsor their parent or grandparent. From these, we randomly selected 10 000 people and invited them to submit an application. Find out why we only select 10 000 sponsors.

Everyone who completed the form was sent an email.

If you received an email saying you’re invited to apply
You have 90 days from the date the email was sent to you to send your complete application to us using the 2017 application package.
If you don’t send us your application within the 90 days, you won’t be able to apply again this year.

If you received an email saying you’re not invited to apply
You’ll have the opportunity to show your interest to sponsor your parent or grandparent again in 2018.
If you want your parent or grandparent to visit you in Canada for an extended period of time, you also have the option to apply for a super visa.

If you completed an online submission form but didn’t receive an email
Make sure to check the same email account you used on the submission form.
Check the junk mail folder.
If you still haven’t received an email by May 8, please let us know.

hridayesh

Apr 17, 2017
Draw is done, one of my friend received the email that his application has been selected for the Parents sponsorship.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If they emailed the successful ones, does it mean those who still haven't got any email were rejected? :-[ :-X
Any members got rejection email?

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
nayr69sg said:
Has anyone from Alberta received anything (successful or not?)
No, nothing yet!! Eagerly waiting

May 7, 2015
Got response yesterday and not selected in lottery:
Thank you for completing the online Interest to sponsor form to let us know that you are interested in applying to sponsor your parents or grandparents. As part of the government’s commitment to fairness and transparency, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) now randomly selects individuals who have shown interest in applying to sponsor their parent(s) or grandparent(s) under this program. Now that submissions for 2017 are closed, we have randomly selected 10,000 individuals who showed interest in applying to sponsor their parents or grandparents. We regret to inform you that you were not selected to apply this year.