+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
sengup36 said:
I just received the email. Not selected. Six years in Canada, application is rejected just like that!! My mom is 83 years old and lives all alone in India.
And someone landed in 2016 without income requirements took a spot and wasted!

sengup36

Apr 25, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
This year the program is screwed up and no selection for now. By the time last year some sponsors have been approved. We are guine pig for a totally messy experiment
Just received a rejection email. My 83 years old mom lives in India all alone. I have to wait for another year and no guarantee for the next year also. 6 years in Canada and my application is rejected just like that!! How come they randomly select people from a name without knowing their household income, achievements, accomplishments, contributions to the country and society!! Its a shame!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
sengup36 said:
Just received a rejection email. My 83 years old mom lives in India all alone. I have to wait for another year and no guarantee for the next year also. 6 years in Canada and my application is rejected just like that!! How come they randomly select people from a name without knowing their household income, achievements, accomplishments, contributions to the country and society!! Its a shame!
10 years in Canada here ... same story

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
razerblade said:
10 years in Canada here ... same story
I feel truly sorry for people like you, and on my facebook I keep seeing people from my country said they are selected and how happy they are but the fact is they landed in 2014, 2015, 2016 and did not even know they are not eligible. The systems is deeply flawed!

dreamcanada18

Apr 5, 2013
scylla said:
Re-read the second email. You're still selected, they just forgot to include your name in the first email.
Oh Yes!!! Wow!!! I just noticed it, when you pointed it out!! :) It was so misleading!! Thanks Scylla :)

So Tim50, congrats to you too!!

Congrats everyone those who are selected and all the best for all other my friends those who are still waiting.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Congrats to everyone who was selected. Just a question, when you filled out the intent form did you select YES for filed 2016 tax?

ROSEJACK

Apr 25, 2017
dreamcanada18 said:
Such a agony!! I got an email today from IRCC saying that my application is "Selected". After 4 hours I received another email
"This is a resend of an earlier email from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada which unfortunately did not include your name. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I am now confused! Has anybody received such conflicting emails from IRCC!! Can somebody please guide me where to followup or file query? Thank you!
Got same email. but on this forum i was made to know that they forgot to include our names in the initial email. so read and read again.

ROSEJACK

Apr 25, 2017
sengup36 said:
I just received the email. Not selected. Six years in Canada, application is rejected just like that!! My mom is 83 years old and lives all alone in India.
pls can you post the first line of your letter to compare? thanks

cooldeeps

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Its frustrating to know that even after living in this country for 4 years and filing for my taxes since I landed 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 , i didn't make through and CIC shamelessly is selecting those applicants which dont even qualify and meet income requirements..What a shame..!!!

I would have preferred the previous system which is first come first basis..atleast wouldn't feel frustrated to see this nonsense which is going on..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
cooldeeps said:
Its frustrating to know that even after living in this country for 4 years and filing for my taxes since I landed 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 , i didn't make through and CIC shamelessly is selecting those applicants which dont even qualify and meet income requirements..What a shame..!!!

I would have preferred the previous system which is first come first basis..atleast wouldn't feel frustrated to see this nonsense which is going on..

Instead you would see many frustrated people who chose the wrong courier, so missed the cap because of that. Plus the courier would have kept part of their delivery fee.

As thousands of more apps submitted per year attempting to get into the cap, courier situation would have gotten crazier every single year. IRCC does not want to see couriers lining up outside their office days in advance.

May 7, 2015
Thank you for completing the online Interest to sponsor form to let us know that you are interested in applying to sponsor your parents or grandparents. As part of the government’s commitment to fairness and transparency, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) now randomly selects individuals who have shown interest in applying to sponsor their parent(s) or grandparent(s) under this program. Now that submissions for 2017 are closed, we have randomly selected 10,000 individuals who showed interest in applying to sponsor their parents or grandparents. We regret to inform you that you were not selected to apply this year.