+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
deerestlovelybear said:
This is completely wrong. You need to meet income requirement even after applying till parent become PR so even if you apply last year you still need to meet 2016 income. They are right to require most recent 3 years, distant income 4 years ago has no value
No, it's not wrong. It is unfair. Now all of a sudden another year full of people are eligible to apply. I know you have to meet income requirement till parents become PRs. That is besides the point. This year should've been for people who qualify based on 2013/2014/2015 income because these people were not able to apply last year.

dreamcanada18

Apr 5, 2013
Such a agony!! I got an email today from IRCC saying that my application is "Selected". After 4 hours I received another email
"This is a resend of an earlier email from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada which unfortunately did not include your name. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I am now confused! Has anybody received such conflicting emails from IRCC!! Can somebody please guide me where to followup or file query? Thank you!

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Shawarma said:
All - Do you not think this a little unfair to the people who followed the instructions and didn't apply since it asked for 2013 as well ? They explicitly had a note stating that, and it is now modified?
I did not filled out the form for the same reason, coz 2013 income does not meet the requirement. Now CIC has changed their mind and asked for 2014-2016 NOA. This is NOT right! We need to file a complaint.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
hallieliu said:
I did not filled out the form for the same reason, coz 2013 income does not meet the requirement. Now CIC has changed their mind and asked for 2014-2016 NOA. This is NOT right! We need to file a complaint.
a law suit is better as complaint will just go to dead ears

anwar009

Nov 25, 2009
They just apologized for not including the name in the beginning of the email. I think that if the text is still selected then you are selected.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamcanada18 said:
Such a agony!! I got an email today from IRCC saying that my application is "Selected". After 4 hours I received another email
"This is a resend of an earlier email from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada which unfortunately did not include your name. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I am now confused! Has anybody received such conflicting emails from IRCC!! Can somebody please guide me where to followup or file query? Thank you!
YEs, I got same. 2 emails.

annegel

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-april 2010
AOR Received.
17-september-2010
IELTS Request
included in the requested original docs
Med's Request
07-20-2011
Med's Done....
08-20-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
God will give the date......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
not chosen.. is there a lucky member here. congrats

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dreamcanada18 said:

Re-read the second email. You're still selected, they just forgot to include your name in the first email.

cavitenoz

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr. 12, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct. 1, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 22, 2011
Passport Req..
Oct.13,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov.5, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2012
nayr69sg said:
meanwhile it looks like quite a few people who got invitations probably are not eligible to apply.
I totally agree. One of my friends got selected and he knows that he can't meet the required minimum income. This process is very unfair to those qualified and was not selected! :( :(

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
cavitenoz said:
I totally agree. One of my friends got selected and he knows that he can't meet the required minimum income. This process is very unfair to those qualified and was not selected! :( :(
I hope you give your friend an earful. Really wishing these people get penalized somehow.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
cavitenoz said:
The worse I heard is someone I know who got selected today and he became PR in actually 7 months ago (he was an international student with no income before that) and he still does not know he is not qualified until now, he is celebrating and prepare to submit applications, people are just so ignorant!

sengup36

Apr 25, 2017
fairtory said:
did any one receive an email regarding the lottery results?
I just received the email. Not selected. Six years in Canada, application is rejected just like that!! My mom is 83 years old and lives all alone in India.