+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Shawarma said:
All - Do you not think this a little unfair to the people who followed the instructions and didn't apply since it asked for 2013 as well ? They explicitly had a note stating that, and it is now modified?
No. It is unfair to people who were not eligible last year because 2012-2014 tax years were required. And now all of a sudden they skipped 2013-2015. Trudeau government is highly incompetent and stupid at that. From citizenship to PR to sponsoring parents, they've ruined everything. Can't wait to become a citizen and vote these morons out.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
nayr69sg said:
It is one of those teething problems when transitioning to a new system.

I am guessing the new timeline would be to submit expression of interest in Jan. They conduct the lottery in July. Notifications of success/try again go out in August. NOAs will be required for preceding 3 years (given that applications will come in after families have received their NOA for the previous year). It means that they make sure the financial assessment is more current. It might be a good or bad thing for some families for this year as their financial status might have changed in 2016. (eg Alberta had a lot of layoffs).

In any case we just have to wait.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
It is only good not bad, you have to meet income requirement for all years till parents become PR so if your 2016 fell short then you are ineligible anyway or if submitted still be rejected later

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
razerblade said:
No. It is unfair to people who were not eligible last year because 2012-2014 tax years were required. And now all of a sudden they skipped 2013-2015. Trudeau government is highly incompetent and stupid at that. From citizenship to PR to sponsoring parents, they've ruined everything. Can't wait to become a citizen and vote these morons out.
This is completely wrong. You need to meet income requirement even after applying till parent become PR so even if you apply last year you still need to meet 2016 income. They are right to require most recent 3 years, distant income 4 years ago has no value

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
Wait is over guys.. check ur emails... CIC site says emails r sent!!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/pgp-interest.asp

anwar009

Nov 25, 2009
Just received the invitation: :) :) :)

"Following your submission of the 'Interest to Sponsor' form, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is pleased to notify you that you have been selected to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents or grandparents."

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Can i added her sponsor file too, i meant to say we both will show to support her mother (total family household income) or not ?.

Hi, can someone explain me how to calculate the family income from table Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (2016, 2015, 2014) .

My wife want to sponsor her mother and she started a job in 2014 till now (pay under 40k yearly) plus can i show my income with her?

In my family (daugther, myself and wife), so do i calculate the income of 4 persons now including her mother then check table ?

Please suggest

akalak

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How come that i don't receive any email that i was been chosen or not? :'(

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
akalak said:
I am patiently waiting as well. I am guessing they sent out emails to successful applicants first. So likely those of us who have not got anything weren't selected.

Oh well. Try next year. :(

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akalak said:
There is a message that if we do not get any email by May 8, we need to contact IRCC.

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am just curious from where are those who received an email that they are selected?

Appreciate your response .

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
QUESTION:

A family size unit is need to calculate for the income. If i am the one who got selected for sponsor parent, my sole income should meet the income requirements or my spouse can be co-singer and our both income will calculate as family size ?

kdays18

Oct 3, 2016
I got an email today and my friend too both of our parents are invited to apply! To God be the glory!