+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 NDVO FSWO applicants (CIO-LVO route), please connect here.

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017

ITS PPR FOR ME GUYS ....Dhamaka..Ppr Aa Gaya... :)
FSW AOR 18 JULY 2018, 209 Days since Aor,
Medicals Passed : 28 July 2017.
NA2: 2nd August 2017.
ADNR: 20 September 2017.
Eligibility Passed: 10 November 2017.
IP2: 18 January 2018.
PPR: 12 FEBRUARY 2018.

In this incredible journey I'd like to thank this forum and its amazing members for all their support. Its phenomenal. Special thanks to @gurik , @Lakhanpal.saurabh you guys have cleared all my doubts.Missing my July partners @drCAN , @PDChicago and many others.... :p
Also thanks to @Anjanirai @RS1 @Scorpman21 @Cynicalmonk ...and all the forum members...
I am incredibly happy to have received my PPR after this long journey..... To all those waiting ...Please do not loose hopes....even if its under review or anything ...as long as everything is genuine nothing can stop...wish all a good luck :)
Many Congrats my Friend. You have been very patient.
Logging after few days,so missed all updates.

Reactions: Hirencool

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
Friends,

I am planning to move in first week of July. But i have been actively looking for good deals on tickets. There are many airlines (British Airways, KLM) which require transit visa. Can someone guide, how to get transit visa. Do we need to apply for the same in India?

Reactions: Hirencool

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Friends,

I am planning to move in first week of July. But i have been actively looking for good deals on tickets. There are many airlines (British Airways, KLM) which require transit visa. Can someone guide, how to get transit visa. Do we need to apply for the same in India?
1. You don't need transit visa for BA.Check British government visa advisory tool for the same. For Most flights, where you catch the next flight from the same terminal you don't need transit visa.

2. BA is one of the best flight, it allows 2 check in bags of 23 kg each and your cabin bag will also be 23kg. In addition another bag of smaller size is allowed to be 23 kg.

3. First keep your card in hand on the day you decide that now am booking the flight. Check Skyscanner or other such websites to know the cheapest dates. Always go till end where the final price with all additional charges is displayed.

Then go to the airline's website and look up the same flight, most probably you will find it cheaper. Also check other agent-websites, may be for certain flights or days the agent-site/s will be cheaper than airline's. Always try closing the deal and don't leave web history/cookies etc, because now they know what you looking for and liking. The price will keep going high every other time you will look at the flight searches. It is Suggested that you search in incognito mode.

4. In my view for an immigrant the proirity should be in this order : bagage allowance, flight time, layover time, comfort, transit visa, what time you land at canada and last should be price. The layover should be 3-4 hrs ideally for economy class booking to avoid missing the connection flight. Especially if travelling with children.

Last edited:

RS1

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017

ITS PPR FOR ME GUYS ....Dhamaka..Ppr Aa Gaya... :)
FSW AOR 18 JULY 2018, 209 Days since Aor,
Medicals Passed : 28 July 2017.
NA2: 2nd August 2017.
ADNR: 20 September 2017.
Eligibility Passed: 10 November 2017.
IP2: 18 January 2018.
PPR: 12 FEBRUARY 2018.

In this incredible journey I'd like to thank this forum and its amazing members for all their support. Its phenomenal. Special thanks to @gurik , @Lakhanpal.saurabh you guys have cleared all my doubts.Missing my July partners @drCAN , @PDChicago and many others.... :p
Also thanks to @Anjanirai @RS1 @Scorpman21 @Cynicalmonk ...and all the forum members...
I am incredibly happy to have received my PPR after this long journey..... To all those waiting ...Please do not loose hopes....even if its under review or anything ...as long as everything is genuine nothing can stop...wish all a good luck :)
Congrats buddy

Hirencool

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Friends,

I know one thing for sure , you don't need transit visa if yure travelling to US , canada or western country thru these airports.also if permanent residents transiting thru their countries don't require transit visas. :) please anyone with more info on airlines and post ppr what all things u need to carry fron india like pressure cooker n stuff and what all is available in Canada Indian stores ? @pam13 And any others let us know .... :)

Hirencool

Star Member
May 31, 2017
The following organizations offer free pre-arrival services, either online or in your geographic area.

Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP)www.newcomersuccess.ca

India2Canada www.abbotsfordcommunityservices.com/programs

PrepCan www.prepcan.ca

S.U.C.C.E.S.S. www.aeipsuccess.ca andwww.successbc.ca

BuildON www.buildonbatit.com

University of Manitoba www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/coned/english/readyformb

If you have applied for immigration to Canada through Immigration-Québec your integration journey will be supported by the Government of Québec. Québec bound immigrants may also find some useful integration information in this Guide for Successful Integration.

Please be aware that being eligible for, or actually participating in an orientation session, is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

I copied the above from my PPR mail and I have registered myself in one of the programs as well. Kindly check them out if you haven’t. Good luck buddy. :)
Which one is available in mumbai for pre-arrival services and how to register for the same ? is it to be done online or visit some office ?Thanks

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I know one thing for sure , you don't need transit visa if yure travelling to US , canada or western country thru these airports.also if permanent residents transiting thru their countries don't require transit visas. :) please anyone with more info on airlines and post ppr what all things u need to carry fron india like pressure cooker n stuff and what all is available in Canada Indian stores ? @pam13 And any others let us know .... :)
All correct barring the USA- if you have a flight touching America, a US visa is sorely needed.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Absolutely nothing. And same goes across all offices. Barely any PRs issuesd in the past few days.
SGVO is also sleeping. CNY holiday for the whole month of Feb, I guess :rolleyes:

zeus1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Dear Veterans on this forum, please help me out here. (Apologies for a long post)

My AOR is December 11, 2018. IP2 status (we are processing your background check) since last about December 26-27, 2018. Since then there hasn't been any communication from the CIC, neither any update via email nor any update on my profile. I did, as advised by veterans on this forum, inquire about my visa office and found out that my application is being processed at Ottawa.

However, last Saturday I received the following email from survey+ircc_external@advanis.net

"
Hello xxxx,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has hired the research company, Advanis, to help us conduct this online survey which should take only 15 minutes to complete. You can take this survey on any mobile or desktop device.

We want to hear about your experience with us so that we can learn from you how to improve our services.

Your name was identified at rendom from a list of people who received a decision on an IRCC application in 2017.

This survey is voluntary and you are not obliged to participate. All information collected will be kept strictly confidential.

Click here to start the survey

or copy the full URL below into your internet browser: <URL>

If you experience any difficulties with the survey, please contact Sue day at Advanis by telephone at 1-866-509-6986 or by e-mail at survey+ircc_external@advanis.net.

Thank you for taking the time to participate! We look forward to hearing from you.

If you would like to verify the authenticity of this IRCC survey, please visit the IRCC web page under “Notices” in our Newsroom or click on the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-service-survey-2018.html"

If one clicks on the CIC link as provided above the page that opens says the following:

"
Client service survey 2018
Ottawa, January 22, 2018 — If we made a decision on your application in 2017, you may get an email inviting you to take our client service survey. Invites will be sent between January 22 and March 5, 2018.

About the survey
To improve your experience with our services, we’re collecting feedback from randomly selected clients who received a decision on their application in 2017.

From January 22 to March 5, the research firm, Advanis, will send email invites directly to you. We are asking you to comment on your experience to see if we met your expectations with our services.

Completing the survey is voluntary. What you tell us won’t affect any past, current or future application with IRCC and we won’t know whether you took the survey. It will be kept confidential.

Service excellence is a priority for us. That is why we are working on a number of initiatives aimed at improving your experience. This survey helps us identify emerging trends and issues in client satisfaction and allows us to more accurately make improvements.

If you don’t get an invitation to take the survey, we welcome and encourage you to submit feedback.

More information about the survey
If you think the email looks suspicious, visit our website to learn more about email scams or delete the email."

The CIC page clearly mentions that the feedback is being taken from randomly selected clients who have received a decision in 2017. "To improve your experience with our services, we’re collecting feedback from randomly selected clients who received a decision on their application in 2017."

As mentioned earlier, I have not even received PPR as on date. Could this be just a technical error or should I inquire the CIC?
Please Note: I have not applied for GCMS notes. Also, I have received a reminder email yesterday to provide feedback.

Allen14

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Who said it will "pass through" Ottawa?

It's cio to Ottawa
CIO to ndvo
And if gone to Ottawa and gets a review specific for ndvo then it comes to ndvo.

CIO has passed your medical and criminality ( if it's a normal case), they also have written comments on other aspects with recommendations on eligibility.

Ndvo the case processing office for you will take the final decision and do your security check.

They will finally grant you a visa.

Current timeline for newly sent files to ndvo with normalities is 120 days from aor.
@Lakhanpal.saurabh My file was transferred from CIO to Ottawa and now to NVDO..What do you think that has happened. I was hoping to get it finalized at CPC-Ottawa.

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
@Lakhanpal.saurabh My file was transferred from CIO to Ottawa and now to NVDO..What do you think that has happened. I was hoping to get it finalized at CPC-Ottawa.
Order GCMS, that only can tell.
Could be redistribution (lesser chances).
Could be reviews ( more chances).

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Dear Veterans on this forum, please help me out here. (Apologies for a long post)

My AOR is December 11, 2018. IP2 status (we are processing your background check) since last about December 26-27, 2018. Since then there hasn't been any communication from the CIC, neither any update via email nor any update on my profile. I did, as advised by veterans on this forum, inquire about my visa office and found out that my application is being processed at Ottawa.

However, last Saturday I received the following email from survey+ircc_external@advanis.net

"
Hello xxxx,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has hired the research company, Advanis, to help us conduct this online survey which should take only 15 minutes to complete. You can take this survey on any mobile or desktop device.

We want to hear about your experience with us so that we can learn from you how to improve our services.

Your name was identified at rendom from a list of people who received a decision on an IRCC application in 2017.

This survey is voluntary and you are not obliged to participate. All information collected will be kept strictly confidential.

Click here to start the survey

or copy the full URL below into your internet browser: <URL>

If you experience any difficulties with the survey, please contact Sue day at Advanis by telephone at 1-866-509-6986 or by e-mail at survey+ircc_external@advanis.net.

Thank you for taking the time to participate! We look forward to hearing from you.

If you would like to verify the authenticity of this IRCC survey, please visit the IRCC web page under “Notices” in our Newsroom or click on the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-service-survey-2018.html"

If one clicks on the CIC link as provided above the page that opens says the following:

"
Client service survey 2018
Ottawa, January 22, 2018 — If we made a decision on your application in 2017, you may get an email inviting you to take our client service survey. Invites will be sent between January 22 and March 5, 2018.

About the survey
To improve your experience with our services, we’re collecting feedback from randomly selected clients who received a decision on their application in 2017.

From January 22 to March 5, the research firm, Advanis, will send email invites directly to you. We are asking you to comment on your experience to see if we met your expectations with our services.

Completing the survey is voluntary. What you tell us won’t affect any past, current or future application with IRCC and we won’t know whether you took the survey. It will be kept confidential.

Service excellence is a priority for us. That is why we are working on a number of initiatives aimed at improving your experience. This survey helps us identify emerging trends and issues in client satisfaction and allows us to more accurately make improvements.

If you don’t get an invitation to take the survey, we welcome and encourage you to submit feedback.

More information about the survey

If you think the email looks suspicious, visit our website to learn more about email scams or delete the email."

The CIC page clearly mentions that the feedback is being taken from randomly selected clients who have received a decision in 2017. "To improve your experience with our services, we’re collecting feedback from randomly selected clients who received a decision on their application in 2017."

As mentioned earlier, I have not even received PPR as on date. Could this be just a technical error or should I inquire the CIC?
Please Note: I have not applied for GCMS notes. Also, I have received a reminder email yesterday to provide feedback.
I believe it's a scam. Lot many people are getting this email. I did ask cic on tweeter about this survey.
They replied with a report scam link. Yes they did not say that it's legit.

Reactions: Anjanirai