+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 NDVO FSWO applicants (CIO-LVO route), please connect here.

Hirencool

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Hiii Friends
Sharing my landing experience
I have no words .. seriously its dream come true... Beautiful Country Beautiful People ...:D:D:D
Firstly we booked tickets with Air Canada . Air Canada has tie up with Air India & our flight from Delhi to Japan was Air India & From Japan to Dreamland Country was Air Canada . In both flights 23 KG / 2 piece each person + 8 KG in cabin baggage. Seats Dimension are same in both Airlines. :):)

Delhi Airport :

As we were excited so we reached at T3 at least 4 hours before and after we enter total time took almost 1:30 for whole process . My luggage weight almost in each luggage was between 23 - 24 kg but no thankfully No Problem for us . They checked Jewellery bag with each item & asked the question how much value it is & whole process done here .:):):)

At Vancouver Airport

Finally reached we used self servicing Kiosk then moved to officer who welcomed us & guided to collect baggage & move to immigration..... There first we met Volunteer who shared information regrading SIN Application & other info....Post that the waiting was long as long queue before & after us & it took 3.5 Hours to get our turn. After turn it was hardly 5 - 7 minutes didn't ask anything other than Passport, COPR & Local Address. :D:D:D:D

Hurray....... Today applied for SIN & took hardly 20 Minutes. We already got our bank account opened & Fund Transfer done from India.Will be visiting the Bank tomorrow to collect cards & All....

One Advise if anyone has connecting flight onward to other cities of Canada from Vancouver.....Pls have enough time in hand as few people there missed their flights due to longer waiting time in immigration....Only 2 Officer sitting there & long queue.......but yes they are very gentle,calm & Handsome..... :p:p:p:p:p:p

.I really wish people still waiting receive the Golden Mail soon & All the best to people who have landed or waiting to land...Best wishes for their Endeavour..........:D:D:D:D
very informative please keep on posting about your varoius experiences... glad to hear you had a safe journey :)

PDChicago

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Hiii Friends
I have no words .. seriously its dream come true... Beautiful Country Beautiful People ...:D:D:D
Firstly we booked tickets with Air Canada . Air Canada has tie up with Air India & our flight from Delhi to Japan was Air India & From Japan to Dreamland Country was Air Canada . In both flights 23 KG / 2 piece each person + 8 KG in cabin baggage. Seats Dimension are same in both Airlines. :):)

Delhi Airport :

As we were excited so we reached at T3 at least 4 hours before and after we enter total time took almost 1:30 for whole process . My luggage weight almost in each luggage was between 23 - 24 kg but no thankfully No Problem for us . They checked Jewellery bag with each item & asked the question how much value it is & whole process done here .:):):)

At Vancouver Airport

Finally reached we used self servicing Kiosk then moved to officer who welcomed us & guided to collect baggage & move to immigration..... There first we met Volunteer who shared information regrading SIN Application & other info....Post that the waiting was long as long queue before & after us & it took 3.5 Hours to get our turn. After turn it was hardly 5 - 7 minutes didn't ask anything other than Passport, COPR & Local Address. :D:D:D:D

Hurray....... Today applied for SIN & took hardly 20 Minutes. We already got our bank account opened & Fund Transfer done from India.Will be visiting the Bank tomorrow to collect cards & All....

One Advise if anyone has connecting flight onward to other cities of Canada from Vancouver.....Pls have enough time in hand as few people there missed their flights due to longer waiting time in immigration....Only 2 Officer sitting there & long queue.......but yes they are very gentle,calm & Handsome..... :p:p:p:p:p:p

.I really wish people still waiting receive the Golden Mail soon & All the best to people who have landed or waiting to land...Best wishes for their Endeavour..........:D:D:D:D
Thank you for sharing this @pam13! That day for us is going to be in May. Eagerly waiting for it. All the best to you in your journey!

Reactions: drCAN

Hirencool

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Which number you had called ? As I am trying to call past 2 days , they never connect me to an agent and say high volume of calls can't connect
Dont worry even i couldnt connect for the past two days. I hope your file is finalised soon too as even your file is waiting for review ... like mine...dont give up hopes its a matter of time ..... :)

Reactions: drCAN and RS1

Canhealth12

Nov 29, 2017
Would you kindly tell me which bank in Canada and what type of bank account you opened it from India?
How did you find accommodation in Canada from India?

Hiii Friends

Delhi Airport :

At Vancouver Airport

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
Hiii Friends

Delhi Airport :

At Vancouver Airport

Congrats once again on reaching our Dream destination. I know you will not be there on this forum after few more days, as has happened with most. Till we reach Canada we can keep posting and helping others. My Good wishes to you for great furure ahead in canda. :)

God bless you.

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Would you kindly tell me which bank in Canada and what type of bank account you opened it from India?
How did you find accommodation in Canada from India?
Well I can answer that!!!

The account that opens from India is called a deposit account, implying that you can only send money to it and you only get the account activation upon landing.

Scotia bank has a online process to open it yourself but there is no one to answer the queries with one to one communication.

Royal Bank of Canada has a person , I have communicated with him. You are required to fill in a simple form, after having the CoPR only and send the paper by post. He will open your account and you can send the money. The guy will send you a balance certificate for show of POF on your demand.

One of the guys I know got the thing done with RBC and has landed in Canada. Was very appreciative of the service.

One more guy I heard off has done the same through self help of Scotia , but how he managed the POF etc. I have no idea.

Rest other Banks may have the facility also.

I myself have also transferred the money yesterday to my Canadian account from India.
It's in RBC.

Ping me if you wanna know more, that is after you have CoPR.

Canhealth12

Nov 29, 2017
Thank you for reply, really grateful.

1.During landing interview, did you show POF as letter /statement from bank you filed with the application or new statement/letter from bank and RBC account?

2. Transfer of Funds - while in Canada. My bank says I cannot transfer my funds. I have to sign certain documents in advance, once I'm in Canada, someone with those documents can come to branch and get your funds transferred. How did you transfer your funds yesterday?

3. Accommodation - I am planning to book hotel for one week in advance and then look for proper house or apartment. Did you have f
riends or you arranged temporary accommodation too?

Well I can answer that!!!

The account that opens from India is called a deposit account, implying that you can only send money to it and you only get the account activation upon landing.

Scotia bank has a online process to open it yourself but there is no one to answer the queries with one to one communication.

Royal Bank of Canada has a person , I have communicated with him. You are required to fill in a simple form, after having the CoPR only and send the paper by post. He will open your account and you can send the money. The guy will send you a balance certificate for show of POF on your demand.

One of the guys I know got the thing done with RBC and has landed in Canada. Was very appreciative of the service.

One more guy I heard off has done the same through self help of Scotia , but how he managed the POF etc. I have no idea.

Rest other Banks may have the facility also.

I myself have also transferred the money yesterday to my Canadian account from India.
It's in RBC.

Ping me if you wanna know more, that is after you have CoPR.

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Thank you for reply, really grateful.

1.During landing interview, did you show POF as letter /statement from bank you filed with the application or new statement/letter from bank and RBC account?

2. Transfer of Funds - while in Canada. My bank says I cannot transfer my funds. I have to sign certain documents in advance, once I'm in Canada, someone with those documents can come to branch and get your funds transferred. How did you transfer your funds yesterday?

3. Accommodation - I am planning to book hotel for one week in advance and then look for proper house or apartment. Did you have f
riends or you arranged temporary accommodation too?
1. Please read the post earlier. I have not landed. When I will land I will be showing the balance certificate which I will get from the RBC crm a few days before flying via email.
There will be no problem with that.

2. Which bank is that?
You have all rights to transfer any amount in Canadian dollars from an account in your name to an account in same (your) name in Canada for immigration purpose.
Not a single document is required. (If pan card and aadhar card are attached to your bank account)

Such transfer is called a TT (telegraph transfer)
Go and confront your bank and teach them some laws.

3. Use Kijiji.ca to look for accommodation. Join some WhatsApp Groups to find room partners. If you are with family then make some friends in WhatsApp group. We will definitely help you.
I am not in Canada yet. Am in gurgaon.
Start from this one:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/AKHNCDeYvdJ8mn30PqV4J4

Reactions: Canhealth12

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
PPR RAIN COMING IN NEXT WEEK!
Best of Luck ....

Yadu

Dec 4, 2017
FSW-O
AOR 31/05/2017
Medical Passed - 05/07/2017
BG- NA - 5/07/2017
New Medical request- 18/08/2017
Submitted- 21/08/2017
Medical Passed- 28/08/2017
File transferred to NDVO - 18/08/2017 (GCMS Notes)
No documents needed- 23/08/2017
We're pnp with similar timelines. Post NDVO, there's no change in my account still.

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
If you guys are landing at ONTARIO.
There will be a gap of 90+ days in between landing and health insurance coverage (OHIP)

It might be fruitful to get insurance for this period from a Canadian insurer. (Only)

Indian insurer will not have direct payment facility to hospital/doctor in Canada and it will be based on presenting expenses and claiming. Which is obviously ... T R O U B L E.

https://arbetovinsurance.com/new-immigrants-canada-insurance/
check for insurance here.

If you need more info or quotes that I gathered, advice on how much insurance cover etc etc... Tag me.. and like the post.

Reactions: Cynicalmonk