+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 NDVO FSWO applicants (CIO-LVO route), please connect here.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
The. due date on the second page of the GCMS which is of the 19th August and unfortunately I could not find any due dates apart from that. on the very first page of the notes is there where it says file status is open and in progress. @gurik @legalfalcon @Lakhanpal.saurabh . Can you pl guide me if they are working on my file or its just eating e-dust. Notes generated on 23rd september. Why are there no due dates except on 19th Aug? I mean ami mislooking?
This is strange, there is always the next due date, ask legalfalcon on his thread, he might help.

You mentioned in your earlier post that your eligibility is "in progress", if that is the latest entry on eligibility then your file is not gathering dust. If latest entry under eligibility is "not started" then yes your file is gathering dust. Check dates properly. That will clear up things for you.

Reactions: pam13

k81p

Apr 24, 2017
I don't think anyone has written collectively, but few individuals who wrote just got standard replies to "be patient" and things like they have huge rush and to wait for 6-8 months now. Things like this.

Yeah, my fiance had the same thing "review required" after PCC, if on a later date the R10 and Criminality are passed then all is good. Sometimes this is done for files with any previous rejection or extensive travels. Also if A11.2 is Met, then nothing to worry at all.
thanks for clarifying that for me... yes my A11.2 is Met and the R10 and Criminality are passed a day later this note that i mentioned so i reckon it was because i had been rejected for Canadian tourist visa years ago in addition to a fairly long travel history. I have a valid visitor visa to Canada now though so I'm guessing that is not going to be a problem. Anyway, thanks again.

I wonder if it makes sense to approach CIC with the fact that the idea of redistribution of applications to NDVO due to work load in Ottawa is quite bizarre because obviously NDVO cant handle the workload it has and Ottawa seems to be racing through the applications. Anyway, just cant help but feel its something they can help by reorganising or relooking at their workflow a bit. Thank again. All the best.

Reactions: gurik

Dr.Kobra

Oct 28, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/05/2017
Doc's Request.
24/07/2017
AOR Received.
30/05/2017
Med's Done....
30/03/2017
Yes my friend almost 60-70% applications from India are being sent to Ottawa. These files are processed and approved at Ottawa only and sent to NDVO after approval and PPR issued.

The other files that get transferred to NDVO have preliminary eligibility checks and R10 and criminality pass at CIO Sydney. The Eligibility and security are finalised at NDVO and then file is approved.

Yes your file will be definitely finalised at Ottawa, you are not a CIO-NDVO case. If your file had to be transferred to NDVO it would have never gone to Ottawa mot likely, almost all files to NDVO are transferred directly from CIO Sydney office, (transfer period around maximum 3-4. month period from AOR). So you are 100% Ottawa case.
All the best:)
Thanks you breaking it down for me. Following up on your explanation, what factors determine if a file is sent to CPC Ottawa or NDVO for someone applying from India? Is it related to workload redistribution or factors known only to CIC?
I had read somewhere that generally files of applicants North America are sent to Ottawa. If it helps, I have US work experience in my EE profile.
Again, thank you for your altruistic service to this forum.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
thanks for clarifying that for me... yes my A11.2 is Met and the R10 and Criminality are passed a day later this note that i mentioned so i reckon it was because i had been rejected for Canadian tourist visa years ago in addition to a fairly long travel history. I have a valid visitor visa to Canada now though so I'm guessing that is not going to be a problem. Anyway, thanks again.

I wonder if it makes sense to approach CIC with the fact that the idea of redistribution of applications to NDVO due to work load in Ottawa is quite bizarre because obviously NDVO cant handle the workload it has and Ottawa seems to be racing through the applications. Anyway, just cant help but feel its something they can help by reorganising or relooking at their workflow a bit. Thank again. All the best.
Yeah, all is great for you as of now and seems in the future too:).

It is indeed bizarre, as the reason for transfer of files is "workload distribution", whereas NDVO is not in the slightest capable of handling any workload:confused:. It definitely makes sense to write to them, PNP candidates wrote collectively and there was some quickness in processing their files after that. It needs to be a collective effort and include maximum individuals who are crossing 6 months of waiting period. There are many points to make in front of them regarding all of this, but most of us June folks are still in the 6 month time period, so individually I don't think they will entertain us, it will be standard replies only.
I really hope they at least issue IP2 s in a week or two for June folks:)

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Thanks you breaking it down for me. Following up on your explanation, what factors determine if a file is sent to CPC Ottawa or NDVO for someone applying from India? Is it related to workload redistribution or factors known only to CIC?
I had read somewhere that generally files of applicants North America are sent to Ottawa. If it helps, I have US work experience in my EE profile.
Again, thank you for your altruistic service to this forum.
Thank you so much for your kind words dear, you humble me.:)

Mostly the distribution of files is random, but most files with previous refusals are sometimes sent selectively to NDVO, from what we have observed so far. Otherwise it is mostly random distribution. Many refused cases have also been sent to Ottawa also, so though a previous refusal increases chances of file to be sent to NDVO but its not a 100% accurate criteria as such.
You have read correct, North American files are sent to Ottawa, especially if one is a current resident of either Canada or USA. Recently due to increased number of ITAs and heavy load of FSWO files, around 60-70% FSWO files are sent to Ottawa irrespective of country of residence, as this Visa Office is highly efficient and so far most capable of handling the workload. So yes maybe your U.S experience added to this fact or maybe it was random, we cannot be sure.
My own file was sent to Ottawa and I had no travel history at all, no previous refusals, only Indian experience and education. So basically its upto CIC which files they chose, no specific criteria as such.

BTW are you in IP2 already or waiting for IP2?

Reactions: Dr.Kobra

Dr.Kobra

Oct 28, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/05/2017
Doc's Request.
24/07/2017
AOR Received.
30/05/2017
Med's Done....
30/03/2017
Thank you so much for your kind words dear, you humble me.:)

Mostly the distribution of files is random, but most files with previous refusals are sometimes sent selectively to NDVO, from what we have observed so far. Otherwise it is mostly random distribution. Many refused cases have also been sent to Ottawa also, so though a previous refusal increases chances of file to be sent to NDVO but its not a 100% accurate criteria as such.
You have read correct, North American files are sent to Ottawa, especially if one is a current resident of either Canada or USA. Recently due to increased number of ITAs and heavy load of FSWO files, around 60-70% FSWO files are sent to Ottawa irrespective of country of residence, as this Visa Office is highly efficient and so far most capable of handling the workload. So yes maybe your U.S experience added to this fact or maybe it was random, we cannot be sure.
My own file was sent to Ottawa and I had no travel history at all, no previous refusals, only Indian experience and education. So basically its upto CIC which files they chose, no specific criteria as such.

BTW are you in IP2 already or waiting for IP2?

I have been in NA2 since July 19, 2017. On July 24, they asked for additional documents which I submitted on July 31. No activity since then.
Of course, I am eager to have PR confirmed ASAP. But, circumstances don't allow me to move to Canada for at least next few months anyway.
I am reluctant to order GCMS notes as I am not convinced of its usefulness in prompting CIC to work on my application. The notes will only reveal what has happened to my file till now. I don't care for it.
I appreciate your advise.
Have a great day!

Last edited:

dr.psr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07/04/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
LANDED..........
Maybe/ maybe not
Hitting 7mnths on 7oct. And 210 days tomorrow.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I have been in NA2 since July 19, 2017. On July 24, they asked for additional documents which I submitted on July 31. No activity since then.
Of course, I am eager to have PR confirmed ASAP. But, circumstances don't allow me to move to Canada for at least next few months anyway.
I am reluctant to order GCMS notes as I am not convinced of its usefulness in prompting CIC to work on my application. The notes will only reveal what has happened to my file till now. I don't care for it.
I appreciate your advise.
Have a great day!
Okay, that is great my friend, applaud your patience.
Wishing you all the best:)

Reactions: Dr.Kobra and pam13

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
Have you guys written or planning to write to CIC as you have crossed the maximum wait time?
Friends,

I strongly suggest that those who have crossed the 6 months threshold should write to CIC immediately, but also to Minister of Immigration.
AOR letter clearly mentions that CIC will take 6 months to process your application and you can enquire after 6 months have passed.
I do not know how many among you are aware of scrapping of cases in 2012 after the last government brought a a law in parliament to close all pre 2008 files.

So start writing immediately and enquire why they have delayed processing

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
NDVO PNP applicants from June are reporting movement to IP2
is this confirmed?, could you please share their AOR dates?
There are 2 from the tracker with 9 June AOR.

Last edited:

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Friends,

I strongly suggest that those who have crossed the 6 months threshold should write to CIC immediately, but also to Minister of Immigration.
AOR letter clearly mentions that CIC will take 6 months to process your application and you can enquire after 6 months have passed.
I do not know how many among you are aware of scrapping of cases in 2012 after the last government brought a a law in parliament to close all pre 2008 files.

So start writing immediately and enquire why they have delayed processing
I agree, more and more people should write. It is by the book (for those crossing 6 months) and might help in hastening the process.
We people (especially us Indians) are so used to be abused by the system that we never stand up against such things.