+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 NDVO FSWO applicants (CIO-LVO route), please connect here.

Buga0601

Jun 8, 2017
Hi Guys,
Thanks for Starting this thread. Things are more clear now o_O (have to wait long for ppr!!)
My Details -
AOR - 6th July 2017
NA1-21st July
Medical Passed - 28th Aug (Had further medical tests to complete)
NA2 - 28th Aug
NA2 (No docs required) - 4th September
Guess file moved to NDVO on 4th Sept (Confirmed it on 11th Sept)
Ordered GCMs notes on 11th Sept 17.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Okay folks I called in CIC yesterday and a wonderful french agent came as a god-send. I apologize for the long post but I'm journaling my journey digitally on the forum, so I can look back at it one day. Here goes:

My Timeline:AOR July 1 () Medicals Pass July 20 () CRS score 475 () File at NDVO AUG 25 ()
So CIO finished processing of most of the checks as usual and I've been getting "we don't need add. docs" from 25th of Aug. Its been more than a month so I poked the CIC bear just to see how its doing. :p Wait time of 28+ minutes later, the french man (Let's call him Macron -Not Emmanuel- hereafter) greeted me and asked some basic details. Later I "casually" asked if my criminality and security are under process? Macron basically put me on hold for about 5 minutes which increased my Blood Pressure a bit. He later said he called some other rep. just to make sure he has the right info. before providing me anything.

My file apparently has been received by NDVO on 1st Sep and then touched by someone at NDVO on Sep 5. I think Macron has access to my GCMS notes (This is my guess) because he said they've put in an internal request for some check (Not sure if he meant criminality CSIS or something else). He assured its actually under process as in some alarm checks are on file. I knew those were due dates that he was meaning but acted all innocent so he can basically open up even more. :D Later he gave me the drill and I said "Oh you mean the due dates"?!?

So I sweetened the pot even adding that do you guys have all you need from my side? Can I basically provide CIC with anything that they need. Macron then went no, no we basically have all we need, Eligibility is done, docs are all fine, received your FBI cert and info sharing etc. which was absolute music to my ears. Was intact giggling to myself. My question for the eminent among us is
1) Do they put up internal request for CSIS/Interpol/RCMP checks? What else could it be? @legalfalcon @Scorpman21 @gurik @jd7 @wan11knu @naee

So I sweet-talked him even more and he said the due date's set for mid-October. He also added there's a good chance things *might* be approved even more sooner. Now, I applied for my second GCMS on 10th of Sep so am guessing it would *hit* around 27th Sep.. because NDVO doesn't give a rat's ass as to the due dates, I'm hoping in the worst case at least GCMS trigger by Sep. month end will make 'em finish it off..
2) Whats your opinion here??

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hats off to your patience. I have the same Na2 as you, despite submitting almost two months later. So easy for CIC to hide behind the excuse "every application is different". There is simply no justification or explanation to this mess. People getting it in 20 days don't come with prior BG checks or pre-verified everything in their files & those waiting for more than 20 weeks have done nothing wrong to bear this endless wait.
Absolutely but I guess NDVO has to process applicants from Afghan, Nepal, Bhutan and I'm told there are basically 6 officers for everything not including 2 from the Risk assessment unit. Hey its screwed up but yes we will be rewarded equally with a PPR along with those who got it in 2/3 weeks. Hope is the only thing that will sail us through..

ashkum

Nov 18, 2015
Okay folks I called in CIC yesterday and a wonderful french agent came as a god-send. I apologize for the long post but I'm journaling my journey digitally on the forum, so I can look back at it one day. Here goes:

My Timeline:AOR July 1 () Medicals Pass July 20 () CRS score 475 () File at NDVO AUG 25 ()
So CIO finished processing of most of the checks as usual and I've been getting "we don't need add. docs" from 25th of Aug. Its been more than a month so I poked the CIC bear just to see how its doing. :p Wait time of 28+ minutes later, the french man (Let's call him Macron -Not Emmanuel- hereafter) greeted me and asked some basic details. Later I "casually" asked if my criminality and security are under process? Macron basically put me on hold for about 5 minutes which increased my Blood Pressure a bit. He later said he called some other rep. just to make sure he has the right info. before providing me anything.

My file apparently has been received by NDVO on 1st Sep and then touched by someone at NDVO on Sep 5. I think Macron has access to my GCMS notes (This is my guess) because he said they've put in an internal request for some check (Not sure if he meant criminality CSIS or something else). He assured its actually under process as in some alarm checks are on file. I knew those were due dates that he was meaning but acted all innocent so he can basically open up even more. :D Later he gave me the drill and I said "Oh you mean the due dates"?!?

So I sweetened the pot even adding that do you guys have all you need from my side? Can I basically provide CIC with anything that they need. Macron then went no, no we basically have all we need, Eligibility is done, docs are all fine, received your FBI cert and info sharing etc. which was absolute music to my ears. Was intact giggling to myself. My question for the eminent among us is
1) Do they put up internal request for CSIS/Interpol/RCMP checks? What else could it be? @legalfalcon @Scorpman21 @gurik @jd7 @wan11knu @naee

So I sweet-talked him even more and he said the due date's set for mid-October. He also added there's a good chance things *might* be approved even more sooner. Now, I applied for my second GCMS on 10th of Sep so am guessing it would *hit* around 27th Sep.. because NDVO doesn't give a rat's ass as to the due dates, I'm hoping in the worst case at least GCMS trigger by Sep. month end will make 'em finish it off..
2) Whats your opinion here??
Hi I am med 20 July pass my file reached NDVO on 30 August . I guess your post is the closest felling I could have for whereabouts of my file.I have no international travel history . You have any clue what time would it take for our files to see the light of ip2.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
With NDVO one can never know dear,
Have you ordered GCMS? So far that and emailing CPC have been the saving grace to most of us. @ashkum
Once we see "we are processing b/g check" that is our time and I've seen folks wait for 20-30+ days even at IP2:mad:

ashkum

Nov 18, 2015
With NDVO one can never know dear,
Have you ordered GCMS? So far that and emailing CPC have been the saving grace to most of us. @ashkum
Once we see "we are processing b/g check" that is our time and I've seen folks wait for 20-30+ days even at IP2:mad:
Hi , Well no but i am getting quite convinced that GCMS might trigger something , I also spoke to an agent He said r10,med,criminality done and Eligibility and Security is left that was last week apparently ..

Have you ordered the notes , can i pm you and have a look at time I think my file is also followed your foot steps ,Whats the due date on them ?

Also whats the process of ordering gcms notes for 5 $ if you have a friend or known there ? What all documents of that person are required ?

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Hats off to your patience. I have the same Na2 as you, despite submitting almost two months later. So easy for CIC to hide behind the excuse "every application is different". There is simply no justification or explanation to this mess. People getting it in 20 days don't come with prior BG checks or pre-verified everything in their files & those waiting for more than 20 weeks have done nothing wrong to bear this endless wait.
Exactly, what makes those applicants so special? I think of these factors when I see all these quick PPR's:-

1. NOC code :- Professionals with rare skillsets that are in very high demand, would be processed faster.

2. Education:- They might be graduated from esteemed Universities (Probably from top 100 worldwide).

3. Relatives in Canada :- I have seen two cases where the applicant had relatives (blood relation) in Canada and their applications were approved in 1-2 months.

@gurik Since you got PPR in two months time, does any of the above applies to you? :)
Sorry but just trying to decode all this process.

Reactions: gurik

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Exactly, what makes those applicants so special? I think of these factors when I see all these quick PPR's:-

1. NOC code :- Professionals with rare skillsets that are in very high demand, would be processed faster.

2. Education:- They might be graduated from esteemed Universities (Probably from top 100 worldwide).

3. Relatives in Canada :- I have seen two cases where the applicant had relatives (blood relation) in Canada and their applications were approved in 1-2 months.

@gurik Since you got PPR in two months time, does any of the above applies to you? :)
Sorry but just trying to decode all this process.
I've seen a lot of cases where people got PPR in 2 months and almost all of the above points had nothing to do with it. Now we may argue that people in IT are getting PPR quickly, but we should also understand that most of the applicants are from IT field only.

Reactions: gurik

Nomgan2105

Sep 5, 2017
Hi guys.. I am AOR April 27, FSWO, NDVO.. I have a constant who is taking care of my application..do you think I should order GCMS notes.. if yes, if I order GCMS notes will it go to my consultant's email id or do I have an option to get it to my email id?

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Hi guys.. I am AOR April 27, FSWO, NDVO.. I have a constant who is taking care of my application..do you think I should order GCMS notes.. if yes, if I order GCMS notes will it go to my consultant's email id or do I have an option to get it to my email id?
You should go ahead & order notes. And you do have the option to receive it on your email id.