+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 BEIRUT OUTLAND FAMILY SPONSORSHIP

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hello everyone

I think I am the last one since everybody left to the whatsapp group

But I wanted to keep for future application so 8 days before the one year we received the PPR

We are so happy el 7amdillah

Good luck
Hey Zeina! I know our cases differ slightly, I believe you are spousal while mine is parents but when you say 1 year, from what point are you talking? When you first applied or when your application reached the Beirut VO?

Also, after you sent in your security clearance how long was it before you got PPR?

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Last week we sent in police clearance, today we recieved 2 emails. 1 is requesting medical exams and the other contains a IMM5801 (pre arrival).

Does anyone have any idea if this means we passed background, security and criminal clearance? Also, whats the usual wait after this?

DFam

Nov 27, 2018
ontario
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
Last week we sent in police clearance, today we recieved 2 emails. 1 is requesting medical exams and the other contains a IMM5801 (pre arrival).

Does anyone have any idea if this means we passed background, security and criminal clearance? Also, whats the usual wait after this?
Hi Assaf97

Im new to this thread, not as a follower but as a member.
I noticed you asked some questions without getting any answers.
I applied for my husband in Nov 2018 and am still waiting.

The process begins when the Visa Office (VO) or CIC receives your application. In any Family Class the processing time is 12 months from the date of receipt.
So it will be 12 months from the day it was received. In your case April 2018.

The fact that you received your pre-arrival letter is good news. Pre-arrival letter basically means that you they are elegible for being sponsored (have passed everything) except the security/background check which is outsourced - this is where me and my husband and alot of other have been sitting for 12 months or more.

So now all you can do is sit back and wait.

Any other questions you have please feel free to ask! and I will try to answer anything I can otherwise We are all in the same waiting boat as you.

Hope this helped a little.

Cheers!

zeinaCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beyrouth
App. Filed.......
22-11-2018
Interview........
20-03-2018
Hey Zeina! I know our cases differ slightly, I believe you are spousal while mine is parents but when you say 1 year, from what point are you talking? When you first applied or when your application reached the Beirut VO?

Also, after you sent in your security clearance how long was it before you got PPR?
Hi Assaf

It’s one year after we apply
And it takes 8 month after security clearance

zeinaCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beyrouth
App. Filed.......
22-11-2018
Interview........
20-03-2018

I think this is good news to have the imm5801 this mean eligibility passed

The longest one is the background check, the parents of my friend came after 7 months, I was surprised

Good luck

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hi Assaf97

Im new to this thread, not as a follower but as a member.
I noticed you asked some questions without getting any answers.
I applied for my husband in Nov 2018 and am still waiting.

The process begins when the Visa Office (VO) or CIC receives your application. In any Family Class the processing time is 12 months from the date of receipt.
So it will be 12 months from the day it was received. In your case April 2018.

The fact that you received your pre-arrival letter is good news. Pre-arrival letter basically means that you they are elegible for being sponsored (have passed everything) except the security/background check which is outsourced - this is where me and my husband and alot of other have been sitting for 12 months or more.

So now all you can do is sit back and wait.

Any other questions you have please feel free to ask! and I will try to answer anything I can otherwise We are all in the same waiting boat as you.

Hope this helped a little.

Cheers!
Yeah that definitely helped! Thank you!

Tomorrow morning we're going to call and take an appointment for the medical exam and from what I understand the doctors office will mail them to the embassy themselves.

That is an insanely long time to just sit around and wait for a background clearance though! Waiting over a year just from between the medical exam and the background search? Wow. I'm glad Im still a university student and not in a huge rush to leave before graduating.

What confused me is that you said the estimated waiting time is 12 months from the date of our case was received. This is including the waiting time for the background clearance I assume?

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
I think this is good news to have the imm5801 this mean eligibility passed

The longest one is the background check, the parents of my friend came after 7 months, I was surprised

Good luck
Surprised as in that 7 months is considered short or long?

My friend who went immigrated using his degree had PPR around 2-3 months after doing his medical!

DFam

Nov 27, 2018
ontario
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
Yeah that definitely helped! Thank you!

Tomorrow morning we're going to call and take an appointment for the medical exam and from what I understand the doctors office will mail them to the embassy themselves.

That is an insanely long time to just sit around and wait for a background clearance though! Waiting over a year just from between the medical exam and the background search? Wow. I'm glad Im still a university student and not in a huge rush to leave before graduating.

What confused me is that you said the estimated waiting time is 12 months from the date of our case was received. This is including the waiting time for the background clearance I assume?
The whole process takes up to 12 months.
I heard that it takes average of 9 to 12 months for security check CBSA but we (me) have already reached 8 months passed medical.

so yeah .... wait wait wait

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
G
The whole process takes up to 12 months.
I heard that it takes average of 9 to 12 months for security check CBSA but we (me) have already reached 8 months passed medical.

so yeah .... wait wait wait
Wow thats nerve wracking but I guess as long as you have nothing to hide theres nothing to worry about but I understand you and your SO want to be together already. Btw, I think you meant that you applied for your husband in November 2017 not 2018!

Also, from what I have noticed it seems that PGP applications are much faster then spouse!

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hello everyone

I think I am the last one since everybody left to the whatsapp group

But I wanted to keep for future application so 8 days before the one year we received the PPR

We are so happy el 7amdillah

Good luck
Any chance of being able to join the whatsapp group? :)

DFam

Nov 27, 2018
ontario
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
Any News anyone?
Nothing yet. I dont think we will be hearing much of anything until the New Year to be honest. Everyone is in “holiday mode” Im not holding my breath... we have passed 13 months now and have done all we can do. Not going to get into the boring details...

Still waiting...