+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 Parents Sponsorship

RVG_2016 PG

Feb 21, 2017
Hello All!
I'm new to this forum. I’m a Canadian citizen living in Canada. I applied for my parent’s sponsorship/PR and got accepted as part of 2016 Quota on Jan 4th. The status for my application in CIC website still says 'In process'. I still haven’t gotten any intimation about my sponsorship approval or transferring the file to CIC of my parent’s resident country (India). Is there anyone on the same boat or if I'm missing anything totally big? Your any inputs would be of great help.
Please advice / guide.
Best Regards,
RVG

cdnrics

Aug 8, 2011
follow this link, you will get all the info you need.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html

highfly383

Feb 22, 2013
For 2016, my parents got call for medical and PCC submission (in India). All my friends who applied for their parents are in the same progress stage. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Daxesh.

RVG_2016 PG

Feb 21, 2017
Thank you. When I checked the status online it shows the following details:

Sponsored Person: 'MY DADS NAME'
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

It looks like a decision is made on my sponsorship, but I didn't receive any notification (email or letter) on the same. So I'm bit concerned. Let me know if any one is on the same boat or if you have any information.

Thank you.

Bubble77

Jan 8, 2018
Good day everyone! I'm just wondering if you could help me have an estimate of the timeline after medical request. I applied to sponsor my mom since 2016 and just got an email from IRCC requesting her to undergo a medical exam.

Looking at the thread's timeline sheet, I always saw IME/PCC together so I thought the medical exam and PCC are supposed to be requested together. However, for my mom's case, I only got medical exam request but haven't received anything about Police Certificate Check. Is there something wrong here?

I think there are quite a few members whose parents have already gone through the whole process successfully. So I'm hoping you could help me understand what comes next after the medical is requested. I'd highly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

rizabeer73

Mar 15, 2014
Thank you. When I checked the status online it shows the following details:

Sponsored Person: 'MY DADS NAME'
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

It looks like a decision is made on my sponsorship, but I didn't receive any notification (email or letter) on the same. So I'm bit concerned. Let me know if any one is on the same boat or if you have any information.

Thank you.
Hi,

can you please let me know what happened in your case, I have exactly the same situation. The online Sponsorship Application Status is"'Decision Made" and PR App. Status is In Progress but I haven't received any email or letter at all. However, yesterday I saw that all the money is credited into may account from Canada Immigration? I dont understand whats happening. Feels like my application is rejected? But why i did not get any letter stating what happened? Isn't there an option to appeal? Please help anyone?