+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 Parents Sponsorship Acknowledgement

pacific2016

Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
I would like to open this channel to discuss all blogs related to who's getting charged on CC and who is getting OA from CIC?
I have send my PGP file through UPS and it was delivered on Jan 4th Early morning.
Waiting to get OA or CC charges!!

All the best to Everyone

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
I've got everything crossed.

My mom left this morning to head home after the holidays and my son was hysterical. It was not a good way to start the day. I am hoping we can get this process on the road and be together again.

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
I just realized most people watch CC for the clue if they are in 5000 camp, I submitted package in on time, after that, I noticed CIC will be taking payments from CC later only if my case is in 5000 cap, I was confused based on the information on CIC website and instruction guide, It states : " Put your forms along with your receipt and all the supporting documentation in an envelope and mail it to : " So I have paid and the receipt printout ( Barcode one ) attached the Fee Payment Form sent in. in my case, I won't know if my CC will be charged by CIC even my case is in 5000 cap, If I am out from 5000 cap ( Incomplete and so on...) what else I can do about fees I have paid? Thanks for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is already a well-established 2016 PGP thread with a spreadsheet.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.1305.html

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2016PGP said:
I just realized most people watch CC for the clue if they are in 5000 camp, I submitted package in on time, after that, I noticed CIC will be taking payments from CC later only if my case is in 5000 cap, I was confused based on the information on CIC website and instruction guide, It states : " Put your forms along with your receipt and all the supporting documentation in an envelope and mail it to : " So I have paid and the receipt printout ( Barcode one ) attached the Fee Payment Form sent in. in my case, I won't know if my CC will be charged by CIC even my case is in 5000 cap, If I am out from 5000 cap ( Incomplete and so on...) what else I can do about fees I have paid? Thanks for your help.
When confused just call cic for clarification or ask here in fourm.
U better hope they charge u. U can claim already paid money later.

pacific2016

Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2016PGP
There is way you can request refund. search refund payment under cic search. there is one email address that you need to send an email to place refund request(if you already paid by online).

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
pacific2016 said:
2016PGP
There is way you can request refund. search refund payment under cic search. there is one email address that you need to send an email to place refund request(if you already paid by online).
Thanks Pacific2016 and jhutti for your response and suggestions. btw, I called CIC also because there are two app forms people talk about " schedule A ... " and
" Additional Family Information "

The "Schedule A " form: some people are panic about the "different version". compare they used with what is on the CIC website today. "Different version" is wrong concept, CIC says, " as long as the Form # is IMM5669 (12-2012 ), is fine. ", If you open this form from CIC website, on MS computer and Mac computer, you will find the check boxes are different.

The IMM5406 (09-2013 ) Additional Family Information: similar, if you download this one before Dec, 2015, some sections have dropdown to choose options, the one on the website no dropdowns anymore.

" IMM #### " is form code, " ( month- year )" is version of the form. If your computer is different with others ( MS vs Mac iOS ), Adobe could be the cause as well.

pacific2016

Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good News!!

Notice – Closing of the parent and grandparent application period
Ottawa, January 7, 2016—Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) received more than 14,000 new parent and grandparent applications since the program re-opened on January 4, 2016.

Intake is now closed while we review the applications received. The first 5,000 complete applications received will be placed in the inventory queue.

Canada is committed to reuniting families and the Government of Canada is seeking to increase the intake of parent and grandparent sponsorship applications from 5,000 to 10,000 per year. In light of this commitment, IRCC will retain the first 10,000 complete applications.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pacific2016 said:
Good News!!

Notice – Closing of the parent and grandparent application period
Ottawa, January 7, 2016—Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) received more than 14,000 new parent and grandparent applications since the program re-opened on January 4, 2016.

Intake is now closed while we review the applications received. The first 5,000 complete applications received will be placed in the inventory queue.

Canada is committed to reuniting families and the Government of Canada is seeking to increase the intake of parent and grandparent sponsorship applications from 5,000 to 10,000 per year. In light of this commitment, IRCC will retain the first 10,000 complete applications.
If 'per year' was phrased as 'this year', I would feel certain that they are going to process 10k applications this year. But anyhow, it's a good new that they are retaining 10k complete applications. Too bad for the applications belonging to the 4k.

Good luck to all of us!

pacific2016

Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am wondering that If anyone has received OA from CIC with PGP file? Its has been approx one week.

Thank you

pacific2016

Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lots of people have started getting charge on their cc from Jan 8th.

All the best to all PGP applicants!!

pacific2016

Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got charged on credit card.
I can see available credit reduced.
my batch was UPS 7.36 am signed by ADUSEI...
Good job by UPS

Good luck to all remaining applicants!!