Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
CanadianInChile said:
Hi!

I am in the same position. We recieved an email on March 18th with the UCI number (AOR) saying they recieved our applaction Jan 16th. Now it is April 1st and still have not heard anything...I can log onto ECAS and it says applaction and medical recieved. I know it can take time. I read on the Jan thred that sometimes they mail you something and you need to call to find out if you recieved SA....I am only wprried that there was a mistake or something. I am not able to call as i am out of the country and work during the day and can not try to call. I don't mind waiting...I just hope everything is ok. I wish they would add a feature to post questions on ECAS and if the person handling the applaction has time they could answer them....
Hi! Well, I was in the same position as you before. Actually even worst. Because they receieved our application on the 14th of January. And up to now, we still have not receieved anything coming from the CIC. Fortunately, by the help of everyone else in this forum, i was able to call the CIC despite of the fact that I am out of the country. In addition, they were also able to update me about our case status that I was approved as a sponsor and our application has been sent to Manila VO. I was able to log in my ECAS using my old UCI number. :)

If I were you, i would just confirm it through call. :). It would absolutely give you a state of relief.
Goodluck to all of us!

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
realismsleeve said:
ECAS is not up to date and not reliable IMO. My best guess is that you have SA but there was no email to you, they may have mailed you the letter by post as they did with many other people. If there was a problem you would have heard by now based on the date you received AOR. Honestly, you need to call, if it means taking a half day or pulling a sick day, there is a number you can call from outside Canada, I have done it before using skype and got through, only by calling will you put your mind at rest.

You are my life saver!!!!! I just called CIC now, got through in 3 minutes and talked to the nicest guy from Quebec. He put me on hold for 30 seconds and came back and said I had been approved for SA on March 23! (AOR received on March 18th) He said an email was sent to our immigration rep telling them that SA had been granted. I will email them on Tuesday and ask if they received the email and can they forward it to us. Our application has been sent to Mexico! I am feeling so much better as I have been so nervous. We have been trying to do this process fr over 3 years and it is actually happening! Now to get my visa situation here fixed :p Thinking positive for us all.

Thank you thank you again for taking the time to message me and give me the push to call!!!

Have a great long weekend!

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
None (SA Confirmed through phone)
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Guys, i'm kind of worried, but not as worried as i was before. I still havent received any mail regarding our case. However, I can already log into my ECAS, and I'm aware of the fact that I have already been approved as a sponsor. . Though, would anything happen if i did not receive an actual email? Is it possible for the agents to send me the email?

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
CanadianInChile said:
You are my life saver!!!!! I just called CIC now, got through in 3 minutes and talked to the nicest guy from Quebec. He put me on hold for 30 seconds and came back and said I had been approved for SA on March 23! (AOR received on March 18th) He said an email was sent to our immigration rep telling them that SA had been granted. I will email them on Tuesday and ask if they received the email and can they forward it to us. Our application has been sent to Mexico! I am feeling so much better as I have been so nervous. We have been trying to do this process fr over 3 years and it is actually happening! Now to get my visa situation here fixed :p Thinking positive for us all.

Thank you thank you again for taking the time to message me and give me the push to call!!!

Have a great long weekend!
Good news, yes I thought you had SA, it just seems with some people they don't email the results to the sponsor but if there is a problem or they need documents they do email so I was confident you were fine. Anyway you can relax now and feel great. I have been planning this for a year and a half so I relate to you strongly, it is so important and emotional process but I find CIC to be very decent and reasonable so I am sure a good application will be processed with no problems

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
realismsleeve said:
Ok so I believe you have been approved but they are waiting for that document before they will send your application to the outland VO.

This is what a standard Approval email says,

'You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing'

Your SA email says they are holding it so it is my best guess that the reason is to collect that document first as Mississauga do not process stage 2.
Ah, on the contrary, Mississauga DOES process stage 2 for a few lucky Brits and Australians. Three December 2014 applicants have already gotten DM from Mississauga! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14DDXQ8Svie2oQKmsbHfOzwLARTyyvSIl0wCE4KmHnmo/edit#gid=0

TdotFluffPot

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
cankrn said:
I'm in the same situation. I finally recieved confirmation of SA today, however I'm missing some info on schedule A of the applicant form. The email noted that my file is being kept in mississauga for further processing. I wonder if they won't transfer the file to the right visa office until the updated docs are recieved? Or if the fIle is just being processed in Canada...
I emailed them and they responded confirming that it was being treated as an outland application but it was being retained at Mississauga for further processing. I've sent them all the additional info they requested now so I'll see what happens next.

TdotFluffPot

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
Panamai said:
Yes, that is the SA (sponsorship approval)! Congrats! Also, CIC has been keeping a lot of the straight-forward applications from the London and Sydney VOs in Mississauga to help with overflow. This is a very good thing for you, as most people I've seen going through Mississauga have gotten their COPR in 3-4 months! I'm actually a bit envious of you. Mine is going to Ottawa for what looks like a minimum 6-8 month wait. Just make sure you send the requested docs asap!
Yay! Wow I really hope that's what happens to us. I'd say that our application is pretty straight forward. We've emailed the additional info now so hopefully we'll find out soon whether they're going to forward it to London or not.

TdotFluffPot

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
realismsleeve said:
Ok so I believe you have been approved but they are waiting for that document before they will send your application to the outland VO.

This is what a standard Approval email says,

'You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing'

Your SA email says they are holding it so it is my best guess that the reason is to collect that document first as Mississauga do not process stage 2.

I would call them to check, only by calling them can they tell you exactly what is happening. The good news is your have SA, just courier that form ASAP with your UCI number on the envelope to make sure they file it accordingly.

Panamai, 6-8 months is pretty good:)
Thanks! They've confirmed it is being treated as outland. We've sent the docs so fingers crossed we'll find out whats happening with the forwarding of the application soon.

TdotFluffPot

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
Panamai said:
Ah, on the contrary, Mississauga DOES process stage 2 for a few lucky Brits and Australians. Three December 2014 applicants have already gotten DM from Mississauga!
What is DM? Wahhh I'm excited now!

**sorry ignore me just saw it means decision made. wow that is incredibly fast!

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Panamai said:
Ah, on the contrary, Mississauga DOES process stage 2 for a few lucky Brits and Australians. Three December 2014 applicants have already gotten DM from Mississauga! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14DDXQ8Svie2oQKmsbHfOzwLARTyyvSIl0wCE4KmHnmo/edit#gid=0
Didn't know that Mississauga applies only for Brit and Australians.
Good to know.
I'm happy because my vo (Sao Paulo) is doing the whole thing within 2 months.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
DanSlh said:
Didn't know that Mississauga applies only for Brit and Australians.
Good to know.
I'm happy because my vo (Sao Paulo) is doing the whole thing within 2 months.
They may be doing others too, but I've only seen it first-hand for British and Australian applicants. I wish they would have taken my US application. Seems like Ottawa is going pretty slowly atm. Hoping for a speed-up soon!

GeekMahi

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

How to check online for sponsorship approval, At the moment I see they are reviewing the applications received on Jan 28th, mine was received prior to that.

Thank You,
Mahi

appievee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
2 April 2015
File Transfer...
SA - 15 April 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
12 Jan 2015
Just received my AOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a feeling this morning! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hope I get SA soon.
And here's wishing everyone receives their AOR/SA really soon!

I tried updating the spreadsheet,but it would only let me change the color on the right side.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
GeekMahi said:
Hello All,

How to check online for sponsorship approval, At the moment I see they are reviewing the applications received on Jan 28th, mine was received prior to that.

Thank You,
Mahi
If yours was received prior to January 28th and you still don't have SA, you can now call and inquire about the application. There is a good chance that they have mailed you a letter in lieu of an email. The CIC agent should be able to tell you. I don't have the phone number on me, but I'm sure it's been posted in here somewhere recently.

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
appievee said:
Just received my AOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a feeling this morning! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hope I get SA soon.
And here's wishing everyone receives their AOR/SA really soon!

I tried updating the spreadsheet,but it would only let me change the color on the right side.
Congrats! Awesome news!