+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2015 JANUARY - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICATION

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
PixieDuster said:
I wouldn't be surprised if this week's a little slow - they won't be working on Friday, will they? Stat holiday and all that.
Agreed, it is going to be slow! Friday and Monday are off for government employees. I guess also this Saturday is going to be off for them.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Garry2008 said:
Yes Saturday will be off in Canada for Immigration Employees .
And Monday as well :(

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
Garry2008 said:
I work for Government there is no off on Monday but i Am not Sure About Immigration Department i this should be same as it is not Included in Stat Holidays.
according to http://www.statutoryholidays.com/ontario.php federal employers required to give easter Monday off. CIC is fedral, i think!

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
None (SA Confirmed through phone)
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Was able to access my ECAS using my client number from my landing papers.
It says on the Permanent Resident Application that Medical result has been received. But no DM on my Sponsorship Application Status. They only have the info that states that they have received our application.

TdotFluffPot

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
Hello everyone

Me and my partner (sponsor) have both received an email asking for more information (I had missed one bit of info off my personal history). I know for a fact that the document they said we missed for my partner was in the application, signed and up to date. A couple of days after being asked to send the document for my partner, we received another email and attachment. Bear in mind I haven't yet sent the requested missing documents. The attachment says:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been retained for further processing at CPC Mississauga.

Does this mean he has been approved to be my sponsor?? But they say its being kept at CPC, does this mean they are treating it as an inland application?? We asked for it to be sent to London UK. I have been trying to phone them but can never get through.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Hooray! I got AOR today, April 1. Hoping for SA soon. It seems February is moving now. Wish all Feb' applicants get soon.

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
aamai said:
hey guys I got AOR on march 19 and never get anything from them in the same email I got UCI what is the next step from my process and does that mean I have to wait for SA
I Checked my application online it just says received application please let me know what is the next step that I should get?????????

Hi!

I am in the same position. We recieved an email on March 18th with the UCI number (AOR) saying they recieved our applaction Jan 16th. Now it is April 1st and still have not heard anything...I can log onto ECAS and it says applaction and medical recieved. I know it can take time. I read on the Jan thred that sometimes they mail you something and you need to call to find out if you recieved SA....I am only wprried that there was a mistake or something. I am not able to call as i am out of the country and work during the day and can not try to call. I don't mind waiting...I just hope everything is ok. I wish they would add a feature to post questions on ECAS and if the person handling the applaction has time they could answer them....

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
CanadianInChile said:
Hi!

I am in the same position. We recieved an email on March 18th with the UCI number (AOR) saying they recieved our applaction Jan 16th. Now it is April 1st and still have not heard anything...I can log onto ECAS and it says applaction and medical recieved. I know it can take time. I read on the Jan thred that sometimes they mail you something and you need to call to find out if you recieved SA....I am only wprried that there was a mistake or something. I am not able to call as i am out of the country and work during the day and can not try to call. I don't mind waiting...I just hope everything is ok. I wish they would add a feature to post questions on ECAS and if the person handling the applaction has time they could answer them....
Call 613-944-4000 which is the number to call if you are outside of Canada. I received AOR March 13th, was advised by my MP that the application was classified as Inland because of the address it was sent to (sent to robert speck parkway which should of been outland) the MP's office stated that they will email CPC-M to have this changed to outland and hopefully you get SA. My advice to you, call the call centre, ask them if they can tell you if the application was classified as inland and outland. The incompetence of CIC is trully amazing.

cankrn

Mar 30, 2015
TdotFluffPot said:
Hello everyone

Me and my partner (sponsor) have both received an email asking for more information (I had missed one bit of info off my personal history). I know for a fact that the document they said we missed for my partner was in the application, signed and up to date. A couple of days after being asked to send the document for my partner, we received another email and attachment. Bear in mind I haven't yet sent the requested missing documents. The attachment says:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been retained for further processing at CPC Mississauga.

Does this mean he has been approved to be my sponsor?? But they say its being kept at CPC, does this mean they are treating it as an inland application?? We asked for it to be sent to London UK. I have been trying to phone them but can never get through.
I'm in the same situation. I finally recieved confirmation of SA today, however I'm missing some info on schedule A of the applicant form. The email noted that my file is being kept in mississauga for further processing. I wonder if they won't transfer the file to the right visa office until the updated docs are recieved? Or if the fIle is just being processed in Canada...

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
TdotFluffPot said:
Hello everyone

Yes, that is the SA (sponsorship approval)! Congrats! Also, CIC has been keeping a lot of the straight-forward applications from the London and Sydney VOs in Mississauga to help with overflow. This is a very good thing for you, as most people I've seen going through Mississauga have gotten their COPR in 3-4 months! I'm actually a bit envious of you. Mine is going to Ottawa for what looks like a minimum 6-8 month wait. Just make sure you send the requested docs asap!

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Panamai said:
Yes, that is the SA (sponsorship approval)! Congrats! Also, CIC has been keeping a lot of the straight-forward applications from the London and Sydney VOs in Mississauga to help with overflow. This is a very good thing for you, as most people I've seen going through Mississauga have gotten their COPR in 3-4 months! I'm actually a bit envious of you. Mine is going to Ottawa for what looks like a minimum 6-8 month wait. Just make sure you send the requested docs asap!
Ok so I believe you have been approved but they are waiting for that document before they will send your application to the outland VO.

This is what a standard Approval email says,

'You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing'

Your SA email says they are holding it so it is my best guess that the reason is to collect that document first as Mississauga do not process stage 2.

I would call them to check, only by calling them can they tell you exactly what is happening. The good news is your have SA, just courier that form ASAP with your UCI number on the envelope to make sure they file it accordingly.

Panamai, 6-8 months is pretty good:)

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
CanadianInChile said:
Hi!

ECAS is not up to date and not reliable IMO. My best guess is that you have SA but there was no email to you, they may have mailed you the letter by post as they did with many other people. If there was a problem you would have heard by now based on the date you received AOR. Honestly, you need to call, if it means taking a half day or pulling a sick day, there is a number you can call from outside Canada, I have done it before using skype and got through, only by calling will you put your mind at rest.

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
aamai said:
hey guys I got AOR on march 19 and never get anything from them in the same email I got UCI what is the next step from my process and does that mean I have to wait for SA
I Checked my application online it just says received application please let me know what is the next step that I should get?????????
You will receive another email saying you have been approved and the address of the VO they will send it to. But call them and most likely you have SA already.

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
jamsham12 said:
Call 613-944-4000 which is the number to call if you are outside of Canada. I received AOR March 13th, was advised by my MP that the application was classified as Inland because of the address it was sent to (sent to robert speck parkway which should of been outland) the MP's office stated that they will email CPC-M to have this changed to outland and hopefully you get SA. My advice to you, call the call centre, ask them if they can tell you if the application was classified as inland and outland. The incompetence of CIC is trully amazing.

I am so sorry to hear that happenes to you! I hope that was a one time thing!!! Very upsetting and stressfull for you.

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
realismsleeve said:
ECAS is not up to date and not reliable IMO. My best guess is that you have SA but there was no email to you, they may have mailed you the letter by post as they did with many other people. If there was a problem you would have heard by now based on the date you received AOR. Honestly, you need to call, if it means taking a half day or pulling a sick day, there is a number you can call from outside Canada, I have done it before using skype and got through, only by calling will you put your mind at rest.
Thank you so very much!!! I feel bettet after reading what you wrote. I am hoping next week to be able to call. The prolblem is I am having issues with my visa here in chile (I am the sponser to my gusband livibg here in chile with him) i will need to take time off next week to get my id card and photi taken ar tge police station. They have a backlog here too! Double stress lol. Thanks again so much for your reply.