+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2015 CANADIANS SPONSORING SYRIANS - let's exchange info here :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hi all,

I'm just putting our application package together. I'm a Canadian citizen and my husband is Syrian (living in Dubai). We've gone through all of the CIC webpage info a million times, have asked some questions directly to CIC (when I was in Canada) and other friends who have immigration experience...surprisingly we still have some questions...and wonder if others are having similar experiences to us.

I'm currently living with him in Dubai while we prepare our application / wait for it to be processed (I'm lucky to be able to do this)...

Does anyone know if Syrian applicants living in Dubai could have their application processed in Abu Dhabi instead of Amman?

I've seen posts of people's packages and what they've contained....some are HUGE! I'm thinking that I don't want to upset the immigration officer with information overload so I will try and be strategic with what I include for relationship evidence. With technology these days....there's not much "original" documentation.

If anyone else's Syrian spouse is in Dubai, do you have any good translators to recommend?

I'll likely join the 2015 Outboud thread or 2015 April Outbound thread if it's created.

Hope to hear from you soon...

Take care,

C.

Modymody

Jun 25, 2015
I am a PR living in Alberta, just got an approval today as a sponsor for my Syrian wife who was born in Dubai and lived all her life. CIC informed me that VO Amman would be responsible instead of Abu Dhabi, so disappointed. Any clues what my options are.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Modymody...Congratulations on your sponsorship approval. In terms of transferring the file to ADVO I'm not sure what to suggest. I seem to recall someone on canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-sponsorship-abu-dhabi-office-t95703.5220.html wanting to do the same thing, trying and not being successful. This doesn't bode well for our situation I guess.

I wish you best of luck.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I also found this thread.... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/amman-spousal-since-january-2012-or-late-2010-t94810.0.html which may be helpful and posted a reply asking if they have a spreadsheet started...

C.

naser20004

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
File Transfer...
October 31, 2012
Med's Request
March 26, 2015 (by email)
Med's Done....
March 31, 2015
Passport Req..
June 29, 2015 (by email)
I only have experience with sponsoring Syrian refugees (private sponsor) Amman office total processing times 2 years