+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2015 April-Outland spousal application

mattkward

May 19, 2015
Hello everyone.

So our application FINALLY went to "In Process" last week (being processed by the Ottawa branch, despite the fact that we're in New Zealand).

Good news!

But - now there's been a request for more information.

Most of what they ask for we've already given them so we can disregard much of the email, but the thing that stands out is that they require further proof that I (the sponsor) intend to return to Canada. We'd already given them letters from family saying we've asked about staying with them when we arrive, but apparently that's not enough.

The difficulty is providing the sort of firm proof they ask for... had we been able to plan ahead our travel dates it'd be easy, but without knowing how long the application process would take that sort of thing is entirely impossible. We can't buy tickets without knowing when we can travel. Additionally the sort of work I do tends to be short term contracts, so when we do finally get the visa approved it'll probably be a couple months before we're freed up to hop on the plane.

Does anybody have any advice? Right now I'm trying to get letters from people I've talked to about work... and I intend to write a detailed letter about our circumstances so they can see why we can't book all this in advance yet. We do have savings set aside to cover travel costs, and I can show them this too.

The other question I have is - should this information be enough for them and my partner's residency is approved - what's the time limit on getting to Canada? Is there one? As I previously mentioned it could be two to six months later that we get everything organised enough and get on the plane. I assumed this would be fine, because how can they expect anyone to just hop on a plane without any advance knowledge of when the visa will come through.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Cheers.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
mattkward said:
Hello everyone.

So our application FINALLY went to "In Process" last week (being processed by the Ottawa branch, despite the fact that we're in New Zealand).

Good news!

But - now there's been a request for more information.

Most of what they ask for we've already given them so we can disregard much of the email, but the thing that stands out is that they require further proof that I (the sponsor) intend to return to Canada. We'd already given them letters from family saying we've asked about staying with them when we arrive, but apparently that's not enough.

The difficulty is providing the sort of firm proof they ask for... had we been able to plan ahead our travel dates it'd be easy, but without knowing how long the application process would take that sort of thing is entirely impossible. We can't buy tickets without knowing when we can travel. Additionally the sort of work I do tends to be short term contracts, so when we do finally get the visa approved it'll probably be a couple months before we're freed up to hop on the plane.

Does anybody have any advice? Right now I'm trying to get letters from people I've talked to about work... and I intend to write a detailed letter about our circumstances so they can see why we can't book all this in advance yet. We do have savings set aside to cover travel costs, and I can show them this too.

The other question I have is - should this information be enough for them and my partner's residency is approved - what's the time limit on getting to Canada? Is there one? As I previously mentioned it could be two to six months later that we get everything organised enough and get on the plane. I assumed this would be fine, because how can they expect anyone to just hop on a plane without any advance knowledge of when the visa will come through.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Cheers.
It sounds like you got the generic email everyone else is getting, which includes the proof of residence in Canada. Even people whose sponsor has never left the country are seeing that in the email. Since you actually are outside of Canada, you should include those same notes from friends/family stating that you have a place to stay, etc, plus any new correspondence you might have about returning. the detailed letter would be good too.

As for the time limit, yes, there is one and it's tied to the expiration date of the medical exam for the person who is being sponsored. The medicals are good for a one year period, although if the timelines are tight for landing, then they are sometimes extended; for how long is up to the visa officer. Some folks still have pretty tight turnaround times and you should not expect to have six months to land. Since I don't know when you applied or when the exam was done I can't give much guidance in terms of how long I think you'll have, but you really should be prepared to move within a couple of months.

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
rugrat907 said:
It sounds like you got the generic email everyone else is getting, which includes the proof of residence in Canada. Even people whose sponsor has never left the country are seeing that in the email. Since you actually are outside of Canada, you should include those same notes from friends/family stating that you have a place to stay, etc, plus any new correspondence you might have about returning. the detailed letter would be good too.

As for the time limit, yes, there is one and it's tied to the expiration date of the medical exam for the person who is being sponsored. The medicals are good for a one year period, although if the timelines are tight for landing, then they are sometimes extended; for how long is up to the visa officer. Some folks still have pretty tight turnaround times and you should not expect to have six months to land. Since I don't know when you applied or when the exam was done I can't give much guidance in terms of how long I think you'll have, but you really should be prepared to move within a couple of months.
Hi there guys.
It seems that everybody here is in waiting mode and can not get through being anxious because of the processing of he docs.
Lets hope and pray that the new PM of canada will really do his promises about immigration processing.

Lets see if he will really do as he said...
Jz hang on there guys!!!
It will be over soon!!!
☺☺☺☺ have faith in God!!!

Perie

Oct 23, 2015
First post :D Thanks for all the great info. Our Outland (USA to Canada) application was received in April 2015 and we received the email request for additional docs today. We only need to send proof of residence as the rest has already been done. My question is how are people sending this info? By replying to the email from them that was requesting docs?
I'm not sure if I can reply and just attach pay slips etc. or if I need to mail copies?
Thanks in advance.

mattkward

May 19, 2015
rugrat907 said:

Thanks for the info. When you say everyone has been getting this email - do you mean EVERYONE? Like is this just an automated thing and we don't actually have to give them anything specifically? Our application was very thorough but I guess it couldn't hurt to find more info to give them anyway.

As for the bit about the medical... this is a bit more difficult. Our medical expires at the end of February... which might be fine, but we don't really want to book flights and make solid plans (moving from so far away has its complications!) without having the residency approved yet. If we can't leave so quickly... is it possible to re-submit a new medical? Would that automatically extend our arrival date?

Thanks again for your help.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Perie said:
First post :D Thanks for all the great info. Our Outland (USA to Canada) application was received in April 2015 and we received the email request for additional docs today. We only need to send proof of residence as the rest has already been done. My question is how are people sending this info? By replying to the email from them that was requesting docs?
I'm not sure if I can reply and just attach pay slips etc. or if I need to mail copies?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, replying to the email with an attachment is fine...

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
mattkward said:
Thanks for the info. When you say everyone has been getting this email - do you mean EVERYONE? Like is this just an automated thing and we don't actually have to give them anything specifically? Our application was very thorough but I guess it couldn't hurt to find more info to give them anyway.

As for the bit about the medical... this is a bit more difficult. Our medical expires at the end of February... which might be fine, but we don't really want to book flights and make solid plans (moving from so far away has its complications!) without having the residency approved yet. If we can't leave so quickly... is it possible to re-submit a new medical? Would that automatically extend our arrival date?

Thanks again for your help.
It sure feels like everyone, yes. I must have seen a dozen posts from people who got it yesterday and had questions. And yes, especially since you are outside of Canada, it won't hurt to send anything additional you have.

I've never heard of anyone re-submitting medicals with the purpose of extending the date you need to land. Generally you shouldn't send documents that aren't requested and I would think if CIC doesn't ask for them, they'd be under no obligation to even accept them. It might also slow up your processing considerably. You could always go back to wrap up some things after landing - I think New Zealand is visa-exempt, you wouldn't need to wait on your PR card to travel back. Of course that is far from cheap and probably something you want to avoid for that and other reasons.

No guarantees, but it seems like since these letters have started to go out in August, people are having a roughly two month wait for the final decision to be made. For you, that means possibly a decision made in mid-late December (barring holiday slowdowns), which would give you roughly two months to get your affairs in order. If I were you, I'd be planning around roughly that timeline.

Pollen

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
I haven't received a letter or email from CIC about additional information. Not sure if this a good or bad thing.

droopyd

Aug 25, 2015
Just got an email on Friday for "additional proof that your sponsor resides in Canada." Emailed a bunch of documents and also mailed copies.

Also info on RPRF (already paid when applied), and police certificate (sent in with an absolutely spotlessly complete application package).

So I'm guessing I'm in the home stretch - any idea when we might be able to finally pop the champagne?

REYNALINC

May 13, 2015
Hi,

I'm April 2015 applicant.

April 10- Application received
JUne 5-SA
July 2- Additional documents (NBI)
August 10- In Process
Passport request Waiting

I already try to apply TRV (tourist) visa to Canada last October 19, 2015 and they APPROVED my application October 26 (Passport request TRV application) 8 days process.

My question is.. Can I wait in Canada of my PR application? If they approved my application as PR can I exit as Tourist in US border (flag polling) and enter to Canada again as PR or do I need to go back to Philippines again?.

Thank you.

Happywifey10

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
11-08-2015
Yes, you can wait and land in Canada. Congrats and you don't need to attend PDOS/GCP

romancuta

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
28-06-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
REYNALINC said:
Hi,

I'm April 2015 applicant.

April 10- Application received
JUne 5-SA
July 2- Additional documents (NBI)
August 10- In Process
Passport request Waiting

I already try to apply TRV (tourist) visa to Canada last October 19, 2015 and they APPROVED my application October 26 (Passport request TRV application) 8 days process.

My question is.. Can I wait in Canada of my PR application? If they approved my application as PR can I exit as Tourist in US border (flag polling) and enter to Canada again as PR or do I need to go back to Philippines again?.

Thank you.

Congratz on the tourist visa! Can I ask what did you submit for your tourist visa?

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
droopyd said:
Just got an email on Friday for "additional proof that your sponsor resides in Canada." Emailed a bunch of documents and also mailed copies.

Also info on RPRF (already paid when applied), and police certificate (sent in with an absolutely spotlessly complete application package).

So I'm guessing I'm in the home stretch - any idea when we might be able to finally pop the champagne?
It's hard to say. I filed in march, receive the doc request September 22 and still nothing.

ashleybriggs

Aug 4, 2015
Hi everyone

Here's where I'm at:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

My status had now changed to "Decision Made". I was sent an email on September 25 asking me to update any information (address change, divorce, children, and to send "proof" that my husband (sponsor) does indeed reside currently in Canada and not the US). I responded the same day and received an automated response.

If this was the only correspondence I have received should I presume that I have been granted my PR?
Does anyone know what the timeline is from here? How long it will take to be contacted about the "Decision" and will I get it through mail/email etc?

It's only been 6 months since I sent in my application and I was told anywhere from 11-29 months!

Thanks!!!!!

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
hey guys... hope everyone’s doing great... I am so sad, CIC is asking for additional documents for my husband as they are saying that my sister in law’s kids are his... I don’t understand how this happened when everything was indicated that they are the niece and nephews. sigh. I emailed them but they haven’t responded to me yet, what should I do?!