02-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
Hi guys,
I have received the below email today from visa office asking for csq to be sent via email, should i also send them the hard copy of csq via post?

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application, you must do the following within 60 days of the date of this letter. Please be advised that no subsequent requests will be made. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

CSQ: You indicated on your application that you will be residing in the province of Quebec after you become a permanent resident of Canada. Therefore, if not already done so, your sponsor is required to obtain a "certificate de selection" from the government of Quebec before your application can be finalized. http:/www.immigration-quebec.gouv.gc.ca/index.asp

Note: You should apply for CSQ within 60 days but it will take time till you obtain the CSQ. As soon as you receive it, please provide a copy of that via e-mail to us.

Please gather all requirements and submit all requested documents at the same time in a single package. Only send original documents when requested. All documents (except passports) that are in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by original certified translations into English or French. Please do not bring any documents in person. Send all documents via post.

Please note that if you do not comply with this request within 60 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application.

Please note: It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted. If there is a change in your legal status or that of any family member (marriage, birth, death, divorce, etc.) you must notify us.

Please quote your file number, as well as your telephone & fax numbers on all correspondence and on every document you send to us.

***Please include a copy of this letter on top of your submission***

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

Embassy of Canada

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Canadianinlove said:
good afternoon all! I wanted to share my experience with you all.

I met my husband on line. I feel with love with him immediately. He was married when I met him but was unhappy. He was just recently married and had moved to the US. I know probably not a great morale decision and trust me he and I have paid our dues.
Our red flags were:
We met on line
He was married February 2014 and divorced in October 2014 - we married November 2014
He came to visit me in Canada in July 2014 and was turned around upon landing in Toronto and sent back to the US
We knew each other for less than 2 years

So we knew going into this we were going to fight an uphill battle.

We were asked to go for interview on October 29th.

My husband and I both went to the Visa Office in Trinidad (although he was temporary in the US his file had gone to Trinidad). Our interview was at 8am. We go there at 7:45am. We handed in additional evidence that we brought with us.
300 pictures
150 pages of facebook chat
joint bank accounts in Canada and Trinidad
support that I sent to him husband

My husband asked if I could join for the interview and he was told no.
So into the interview he went.
It was awful. He was in the interview for an hour and 45 minutes.
the IO asked the standard questions.
How did you met your wife? Who was at your wedding? Tell me about her family? Has your wife met your family? and so on...
Because he was married and divorced in one year in the US she kept asking him about why he got divorced and married in one year?
How do I know you won't leave your wife? you seem to be the type of person that is looking for PR cards everywhere...
She grilled him!

What I can tell you his answers were consistent. He didn't lie he was honest. If he didn't know an answer he said I don't know.
He would say is that I can tell you that I love my wife.

He asked if he could ask questions after the interview. She said no and left the room.

Well we went back to his parent's house feeling defeated. We figured that we were going to be denied and were expecting to hear in a couple of months that we were rejected.
We prayed and asked God to provide us direction.

Imagine how surprised we were when we were called the 30th at 9:00am to come back to the visa office and my husband to bring his passport.
We went down to the visa office and he handed in his passport and we were told to wait.
30 mins later he had his visa in his passport.

He and I both flew back to Toronto. He and I both went in to the immigration officer with his landing paperwork. We were asked may 5 questions and my husband was told "welcome to Canada"!
To add to our joy - last night I did a pregnancy test and it was positive last night!!!!

So have faith. We had so many red flags and figured that this was going to be years and years in the making. With God all things are possible. Pray and pray hard. Be honest.

Yeay, I love how your story ends. Im so happy for you.

I was told yesterday that the IO decided that he wanted to call in my hubby for an interview in Amman. Im really hoping that we get to do the interview before the holidays so that we're able to spend New Years together in Canada. I had a feeling that they would ask us for an interview since we met online and we got married quite quickly. (Started talking in September and got married in December) Im so so nervous but your post makes me feel at ease. I ordered my notes today so I hope that can help prepare us further in terms of what they actually are in doubt of.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Hi Masriiox! I was happy we were asked for an interview because it is progression in your file.
Just tell your husband to answer all questions consistently. They will ask him the same questions over and over but he needs to just be honest and keep giving the same answer.

Masriixo said:
Yeay, I love how your story ends. Im so happy for you.

I was told yesterday that the IO decided that he wanted to call in my hubby for an interview in Amman. Im really hoping that we get to do the interview before the holidays so that we're able to spend New Years together in Canada. I had a feeling that they would ask us for an interview since we met online and we got married quite quickly. (Started talking in September and got married in December) Im so so nervous but your post makes me feel at ease. I ordered my notes today so I hope that can help prepare us further in terms of what they actually are in doubt of.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Send the visa office an email. It doesn't hurt.

Pollen said:
I have never gotten a single email from CIC. We went in procress in August and I got our Receipt of Application dated on May 20th in the mail and then I got the letter about me being accepted as a sponsor and that his file is being transferred dated June 25th. Maybe they are sending things to the wrong email? Maybe we really are in trouble? I'm terrified. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to call and ask to speak to the person covering our file or not. I feel like I should have gotten the same email everyone else has. Is the sponsor acceptance / file transfer letter I received the same as the generic one you are talking about? Is it possible to go to DM without a request for more info letter? Pretty soon we will both be homeless so I hope I am worrying about nothing. What do you guys think I should do? Would they send a letter in the mail if the email went to trash and they didn't hear back from us for a while? I don't know what to do.

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
Hi guys! I have a question for those who are on the same page as me and my husband, have you done any steps to follow up with your application? Our visa office is Manila, we've submitted the additional requirements including his passport to the Embassy approximately in the middle of July this year. It's about 4months now. Waiting is a very tricky game, we thought he'll have his visa on hand sooner than later. What I just know is that they wouldn't be keeping those passports for a very long time 'coz it's a travel pass, but then, how long will it be? Did somebody here sent an email to the embassy to ask them anything? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Happywifey10

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
11-08-2015
Hi ojamnai_24,

Same here! Are you Filipino, Korean, Japanese or Taiwanese?

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
Happywifey10 said:
Hi ojamnai_24,

Same here! Are you Filipino, Korean, Japanese or Taiwanese?
Hi! I'm Filipino. Did u do anything to follow up with the embassy?

Happywifey10

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
11-08-2015
No, I try not to inquire.. I'm just patiently waiting. Most February applicants got their visas already this week..

forever19

Jun 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2015
File Transfer...
June 15, 2015
Med's Done....
March 23, 2015
Interview........
Waived-- In Process Sept. 5, 2015
Passport Req..
July 09, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM Nov 24, 2015 VOH Dec 2, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas!
I sent an email couple weeks ago and they replied that it's in process for finalization but until now nothing happens.

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
forever19 said:
I sent an email couple weeks ago and they replied that it's in process for finalization but until now nothing happens.
Same reply here. Below is their email.

We note your email below. We confirm receipt of the documents you sent. Please be advised that your application will be reviewed by an officer in due time. No additional document is required from you at this time. Depending on the results of the review, further information/documents may be required. You will receive appropriate instructions by mail when we are ready to finalize your application or if any additional information/documentation is required.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Sounds like an automated response.

AnQ said:
Same reply here. Below is their email.

We note your email below. We confirm receipt of the documents you sent. Please be advised that your application will be reviewed by an officer in due time. No additional document is required from you at this time. Depending on the results of the review, further information/documents may be required. You will receive appropriate instructions by mail when we are ready to finalize your application or if any additional information/documentation is required.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
that is way to long to wait. If they asked for the passport in June what are they doing with it?
you might want to check and see how long they are able to keep a passport for. I remember reading here in the forum that they can't hold it for longer than 3 months, I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what I remember.

AnQ said:
Yap. As usual.
Hoping before Christmas...
hopeful still....

since June of PPR...

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Canadianinlove said:
that is way to long to wait. If they asked for the passport in June what are they doing with it?
you might want to check and see how long they are able to keep a passport for. I remember reading here in the forum that they can't hold it for longer than 3 months, I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what I remember.
Hi canadianinlove.
I know 5mos is way too long.
They ask the PPR early but they jz starte process on Sept 5... accdg. to my ecas.

Emailed them 4x...as usual answers.
I also read somewhere...
Ah well i guess thats the it is...
Juz wait...

I have a friend...who ask for her passport back coz she needs to be out of the country for their honeymoon and she did give it back to canadian embasy manila, until we are still hoping and waiting.

I'd rather prefer them to tell me...wait until 16months is due and follow up hehehehe!!! Rather than giving me home coz of that PPR....

i guess they are trying to make the "passport" as antique...heheh!!
Kidding.

Still determine and hopeful before 2015 ends!!!!☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺Gods help!!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
At least you are in process so that is always a wonderful thing.

I will keep you in my prayers.

AnQ said:
Hi canadianinlove.
I know 5mos is way too long.
They ask the PPR early but they jz starte process on Sept 5... accdg. to my ecas.

Emailed them 4x...as usual answers.
I also read somewhere...
Ah well i guess thats the it is...
Juz wait...

I have a friend...who ask for her passport back coz she needs to be out of the country for their honeymoon and she did give it back to canadian embasy manila, until we are still hoping and waiting.

I'd rather prefer them to tell me...wait until 16months is due and follow up hehehehe!!! Rather than giving me home coz of that PPR....

i guess they are trying to make the "passport" as antique...heheh!!
Kidding.

Still determine and hopeful before 2015 ends!!!!☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺Gods help!!