AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I wouldn't be surprised if CIC came out with a new policy of forms to be signed in blue ink only. This way, it forces the application to be sent in original. Scanning it in would kill the blue ink signature as it would likely turn out to be black.

I know there are colour copiers out there but it is much easier to detect a colour copied scanned / copied document over an original. One trick to look for is the actual indentation of the signature. Pressed down in the paper. A copied or scanned paper cannot show this.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
First of all I hate all those put a fake signatures ! [I waited a week to have the real signatures reach me, because UPS lost my first package which should have reached me on 3rd morning.]

Fake signatures are hard to be recognized, and CIC may not be able to proof that it is not legitimate. But, if they doubt, you know how long they can make you wait, they don't even have to ask for evidence or proof, they will just throw the app to the last and you will wait forever... thats how most of the immigration deals when they find it not legitimate !!

You may be lucky, and might go without an issue too.. that is why I feel this immigration process is more of a lottery... !!

But all I hope for is 5000 legitimate child get to reunite with the family whether or not I'm in it. I don't want a single cheat over taking me.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
PS_4_Parents_Sponsorship said:
First of all I hate all those put a fake signatures ! [I waited a week to have the real signatures reach me, because UPS lost my first package which should have reached me on 3rd morning.]

Fake signatures are hard to be recognized, and CIC may not be able to proof that it is not legitimate. But, if they doubt, you know how long they can make you wait, they don't even have to ask for evidence or proof, they will just throw the app to the last and you will wait forever... thats how most of the immigration deals when they find it not legitimate !!

You may be lucky, and might go without an issue too.. that is why I feel this immigration process is more of a lottery... !!

But all I hope for is 5000 legitimate child get to reunite with the family whether or not I'm in it. I don't want a single cheat over taking me.
Actually it will be 4999 legitimate reunions. One person posted that the credit card got charged but admitted to not meeting the 2010 lico requirements. So it goes to show that charges are made for complete applications, 3 option C printouts, etc. Once the cap is reached, they will go through it with a fine tooth comb and reject those who submitted option C but didn't really meet the lico.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Speaking of forging signatures, interesting real life situation of someone getting jail time for doing it on a PR app a few years ago: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/jail-time-for-lying-to-immigration-t70091.0.html

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I think come next year 2015 jan applications, the rejection rates will be much lower as now these people are seeing how CIC is diligent in processing the applications. So these people will actually follow the rules and not cut corners or hope CIC will turn a blind eye.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CIC is understaffed, they can't even issue PR Cards to newcomers on time, processing times keep going out of control

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't blame CIC. People like us try to abuse the system.
Canada is not a dumping ground.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
screech339 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if CIC came out with a new policy of forms to be signed in blue ink only. This way, it forces the application to be sent in original. Scanning it in would kill the blue ink signature as it would likely turn out to be black.

I know there are colour copiers out there but it is much easier to detect a colour copied scanned / copied document over an original. One trick to look for is the actual indentation of the signature. Pressed down in the paper. A copied or scanned paper cannot show this.
If the signature is easy enough, anyone could do it. I doubt if CIC has the manpower to detect who exactly signed it.
Does not matter whether it's black, blue or purple or yellow ink......just as long as its not photocopied/scanned/online signatures.

People are already careful on this since a long time, perhaps in EVERY category, not just PGP. Nobody wants a package returned for this reason

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canvis2006 said:
If the signature is easy enough, anyone could do it. I doubt if CIC has the manpower to detect who exactly signed it.
Does not matter whether it's black, blue or purple or yellow ink......just as long as its not photocopied/scanned/online signatures.

People are already careful on this since a long time, perhaps in EVERY category, not just PGP. Nobody wants a package returned for this reason
Forged / fake signature is a different animal all together though. That's outright fraud.

But there have been some postings that they sent in a scanned document with their parents signatures, since they can't get their original forms in time for jan 2nd submittal with the huge flood of applications to beat the 5000 cap.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
scorpion_ca said:
Don't blame CIC. People like us try to abuse the system.
Canada is not a dumping ground.
Can you please explain how long processing times for a PR Card is about "people abusing the system" ??

When did landing immigrants at a POE abuse such a system?

calgary-eagle

Dec 18, 2013
user828 said:
As Ralph would say= That is unpossible..

Courrier evidence..cmon..it is definitely possible to print forms by 31..and get it over by 2nd or 3rd jan..possible with DHL emergency service as someone had mentioned or arranging a traveller both ways
Why do you need to arrange a traveller both ways? All you need is to get the forms printed in your parents homeland then sent one way to you. Where you'll sign and send via courier. If you are worried about dating it digitally let your parents put the date of arrival in the form for you. am I missing something here?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
calgary-eagle said:
Why do you need to arrange a traveller both ways? All you need is to get the forms printed in your parents homeland then sent one way to you. Where you'll sign and send via courier. If you are worried about dating it digitally let your parents put the date of arrival in the form for you. am I missing something here?
Yes, you are right - we were just discussing different possibilities.

bluecollar

Feb 1, 2014
Yep, I'm one of those who the PGP sponsorship application returned.

In my case, these incompetent bureaucrats have played a dirty game: they claimed that I've used a wrong version of the IMM 1344 form (08-2013 instead of 11-2013) plus not included the new financial evaluation form. While I am aware that I have no chance of winning this game with a bunch of faceless officers working behind closed doors I will say this much, just for the others to know who they are dealing with: 1) the old form IMM 1344 (version 08-2013) was incorrectly linked to the page where the content of this new file was posted for the first time on the evening/afternoon of Dec. 31, 2013 (and perhaps over the next days - I do not know exactly when they have updated the link to version 11-2013 of IMM 1344. Those who have downloaded and filled in that form without checking again the version before submission - too bad, so sad! I am still wondering how about they would add right on the file checklist the revision of the form which should be used (but that would be probably beyond their IQ capabilities). I am fully aware that the stupid webmaster who did this mistake as well as his/her supervisors will not admit in this life the mistake they have made because after all, there are enough "dumb heads" (like me) applying anyway, so they do not have problems in meeting their 5000 quota. 2) As far the second issue noted on their "rejection letter" (the lack of the new financial evaluation form) that was a "pure" white lie - the form was actually in the envelope, along with the three years of CRA notices of assessment and the rest of the crap they want nowadays for PGP sponsorship applications. Once again, I am fully aware that there is no way I can prove what was and wasn't in the envelope and knowing that RCMP will not investigate something like this, they can reject any pretty much file they like in a manner of similar to... "he loves me... he loves me not".

As such, let's all fill in the pockets of courier companies in this country by keep sending again and again the file until the day CIC website will post the well-anticipated announcement: "the cap for PGP sponsorship in 2014 has been reached, but we are all looking forward to receiving again your application again on Jan. 5, 2015 by 8:31 am the latest!" That is if your parents and grandparents are still alive...

P.S. Tax season is coming: don't forget to pay your taxes - these government employees have to receive their negotiated salary increases - you know that, don't you?!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Had you accessed that form recently, just before the announcement date? If so, the old copy might have been retrieved from local cache, instead of the original web site. Internet Explorer does this all the time.

bluecollar

Feb 1, 2014
zardoz said:
Had you accessed that form recently, just before the announcement date? If so, the old copy might have been retrieved from local cache, instead of the original web site. Internet Explorer does this all the time.
Thanks, you are generally right. The problem is that the page was brand new when I have accessed for the first time and as such my browser did not have any cached info. It was simply an initial error of their webmaster with respect to the links. Anyway, at this point, I cannot change anything. I mean, the file was re-mailed one hour later after being received (because the content of new and old versions of the form is absolutely identical, I believe that only the QR info at the end is coded differently - this why old QR readers do not work and this is probably how they have caught it) but I do not hold any hopes of catching this year's 5000 train. Anyway, this is just my experience, but I am sure that everyone of the 1300 applicants who had their files returned have similar stories (perhaps some identical with mine), plus other even more absurd stories. Oh, Canada!