+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hendyms said:
Thanks for the reply.
But you know my friend that the very first list of occupations (published on March the first) didn't include many professions, and then another list was published on 13th of March (week after they already started receiving applications based on the first list). The new list contained many professions that were not included in the first one!
If I assume that an applicant needs at least one week to collect all the documents requirement, fill the application forms, make a good settlement plan and send the complete application, this definitely means that the cap of 150 will be reached even before any of those applications is opened!

Do you agree with me?
Did you phone the immigration office to make sure or you think that we should do that?
You are right regarding to the occupation list changes, but related to the selection factor I would disagree.

We still have a Hope for the apps received till 21 of March.

I have contacted NSOI 4 times.
They cannot predict an exact picture. Currently they are opening apps received at 17 and 18 of March.
They are just working and assessing apps by some factors regarding to the FIFO basis.

Janny.Gu

Apr 15, 2014
hendyms said:
the person who answers the phone call has no authority at all.
This is something that should be done collectively and on a higher level.
We should talk collectively to the head of the immigration office in NS.
We need to make a big campaign to acheive that, and I believe it is possible.
You are right ,but anyway she can pass the information if many applicants pushed her.

hendyms

Mar 15, 2013
itexpert said:
You are right regarding to the occupation list changes, but related to the selection factor I would disagree.

We still have a Hope for the apps received till 21 of March.

I have contacted NSOI 4 times.
They cannot predict an exact picture. Currently they are opening apps received at 17 and 18 of March.
They are just working and assessing apps by some factors regarding to the FIFO basis.
Thank you.
but this is unfair, because I sent my application late only because my profession was included in the list late?! This means that only professions from the first list have chance while others have much less chance.
UNFAIR :mad:

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hendyms said:
Thank you.
but this is unfair, because I sent my application late only because my profession was included in the list late?! This means that only professions from the first list have chance while others have much less chance.
UNFAIR :mad:
Do you think that this world is fair? :)
What is related to the NSNP RLMD stream, I can suppose that due to it is first time the program is raw, and they changed their factors in the fly.
I think next year they will have some experience and will have more resistant program requirements, as well as some predictable period for accepting applications according to the cap available.

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
hendyms said:
the person who answers the phone call has no authority at all.
This is something that should be done collectively and on a higher level.
We should talk collectively to the head of the immigration office in NS.
We need to make a big campaign to acheive that, and I believe it is possible.
I understand your frustration, if you think there's a change your application will be opened, I won't cause any unwarranted uproar. Here's why

1 - NSOI stated clearly that their decision on how to process and who they nominate is final. This was stated and to be read before you agreed to apply

2 - NSOI also warned in advance that they have the right to change rules on the fly. While that's comes across unfair, that was clearly communicated. When you signed your NSOI forms, you pretty much agreed to this preset rules. If you fely uncomfortable with the rules or soo strongly against it, you should have though twice prior to applying.

My thoughts are ....asking politely may yield better fruits that a directed protest. Really what other options do they have as per processing ? Jump to a specifc date to satisfy the new NOC codes added, that's logistically diffucult and NOT feasible. With the possible outcomes in mind, I will dial down on raising hell. You may inquire with tact...you don't want your name and file to gain prominence for the wrong reasons...nominations are still being handed out.

hendyms

Mar 15, 2013
tenkrun10 said:
I understand your frustration, if you think there's a change your application will be opened, I won't cause any unwarranted uproar. Here's why

1 - NSOI stated clearly that their decision on how to process and who they nominate is final. This was stated and to be read before you agreed to apply

2 - NSOI also warned in advance that they have the right to change rules on the fly. While that's comes across unfair, that was clearly communicated. When you signed your NSOI forms, you pretty much agreed to this preset rules. If you fely uncomfortable with the rules or soo strongly against it, you should have though twice prior to applying.

My thoughts are ....asking politely may yield better fruits that a directed protest. Really what other options do they have as per processing ? Jump to a specifc date to satisfy the new NOC codes added, that's logistically diffucult and NOT feasible. With the possible outcomes in mind, I will dial down on raising hell. You may inquire with tact...you don't want your name and file to gain prominence for the wrong reasons...nominations are still being handed out.
At the time of application submission, I thought that logically they will distribute the 150 nominations evenly on the professions they requested, but it seems that my guessing was wrong!
Any way, I didn't mean a protest, I just suggested recommending them to keep our files for next year.
Good luck for us all.

tupa

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear all,,today I email to NSOI regarding my application. my filed reached on 4th April... below the reply

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your patience. We understand it can be frustrating as you wait to learn about the status of your application.

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration has received a large number of applications to the Regional Labour Market Demand stream. Currently we are logging and assessing these applications . We are accepting 150 nominees through this stream. It may be helpful for you to know that applications are being assessed on a first-come, first-served basis. Once these 150 individuals have been identified, all remaining applications will be returned to applicants. Successful applicants – as well as those who are unsuccessful – will be notified.

This is a complicated process that takes time. It would be a difficult and time-consuming task to check the status of each individual application. As such we cannot provide individual status updates, timeframes for completion, or information pertaining to assessment up to specific dates.

Q: When will 150 applicants be nominated under the RLMD stream?

A: Recognizing that people are anxious to know the status of their application, we are working hard to process applications as quickly as possible. As you can appreciate, there is a lot of complicated work involved and it does take time.

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration does not have a set date whereby the applicants will be nominated. We will have this work done as quickly as we can.

Q: How far along are you with regard to nominating 150 applicants under the RLMD stream?

A: We are over 30% complete.

Q: Why is it taking so long?

A: The assessing of applications is complicated work. The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration needs to do our due diligence with every application we look at. It is not work that should be – or can be - completed in haste.

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tupa said:
dear all,,today I email to NSOI regarding my application. my filed reached on 4th April... below the reply

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your patience. We understand it can be frustrating as you wait to learn about the status of your application.

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration has received a large number of applications to the Regional Labour Market Demand stream. Currently we are logging and assessing these applications . We are accepting 150 nominees through this stream. It may be helpful for you to know that applications are being assessed on a first-come, first-served basis. Once these 150 individuals have been identified, all remaining applications will be returned to applicants. Successful applicants – as well as those who are unsuccessful – will be notified.

This is a complicated process that takes time. It would be a difficult and time-consuming task to check the status of each individual application. As such we cannot provide individual status updates, timeframes for completion, or information pertaining to assessment up to specific dates.

Q: When will 150 applicants be nominated under the RLMD stream?

A: Recognizing that people are anxious to know the status of their application, we are working hard to process applications as quickly as possible. As you can appreciate, there is a lot of complicated work involved and it does take time.

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration does not have a set date whereby the applicants will be nominated. We will have this work done as quickly as we can.

Q: How far along are you with regard to nominating 150 applicants under the RLMD stream?

A: We are over 30% complete.

Q: Why is it taking so long?

A: The assessing of applications is complicated work. The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration needs to do our due diligence with every application we look at. It is not work that should be – or can be - completed in haste.
:)
It is old automatic reply.
it is already a month that NSOI automatically send a reply to all emails.

svcanada

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-02-2015
Sohailh said:
Hi Guys,

Next week, I am sending my documents to CIO for NPNS program. I need help from senior who already filed their application to CIO and received any confirmation from CIO.

I just want to reconfirm that, CIC Province Nominee checklist require to send only CIC forms, Travel documents, Civil identity documents, children documents, nomination letter, IELTS copy, police certificate and CIC fees.

They does not require any educational documents, financial requirements, job experience letter.

Should I follow checklist or send other above mentioned documents as well.

Thanks
Isnt the NSNP for 2014 already already closed, as far as i know they are not accepting any applications after April 22 2014.

Let me know if I am wrong.

Sohailh

Nov 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
svcanada said:
Isnt the NSNP for 2014 already already closed, as far as i know they are not accepting any applications after April 22 2014.

Let me know if I am wrong.
You are right its closed but I filed my application before its closed and got nomination few days ago.

Thanks

svcanada

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-02-2015
Sohailh said:
You are right its closed but I filed my application before its closed and got nomination few days ago.

Thanks
Ok .. Thats Great News Congrats :)

I missed it this year so waiting for next year slots to be open, after seeing you post I thought may be its open again :p

NurseBaker

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadiam Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
08-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
Ukhps said:
26th July, i sent the additional Docs. No acknowledgement from IO.

Thanks
Who is your io? I just find it a bit unprofessional not to acknowledge. I hope my io can do send me a simple acknowledgement as per request. Sending them in bulk sometimes leads to the email being lost and i've bern in such circumstsnce.

Anyone here rejected after additional docs were asked or submitted? How did you submit'? One by one or in bulk?

evelyn24

Dec 9, 2013
NurseBaker said:
Who is your io? I just find it a bit unprofessional not to acknowledge. I hope my io can do send me a simple acknowledgement as per request. Sending them in bulk sometimes leads to the email being lost and i've bern in such circumstsnce.

Anyone here rejected after additional docs were asked or submitted? How did you submit'? One by one or in bulk?

[/quote

We are in de same boat here, I sent mine on 25th and 26th July, there is no acknowledgement. So let's hope and exercise patients and see what will happen next. Refusal is hard after receiving pre screening mail. But let's hope for the best