+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
Good update from NS.
What I've now learned is....whenever several sources confirm a rumour (aka cap), it's always prudent to assume the rumour is correct and plan / apply with that assumption. If the rumour is wrong, then you don't lose, if it proves accurate then you benefit. - There's only upside. For me the rumour affected the way I shipped my App. I decided to pay $79 to get to NS the next day.

First come - first served processing::: - What I can infere is that applications will be presecreened on a first come first served basis BUT nominations will be based on the best on breed and not really timing. The benefit of fast shipment will have consequences in next year's queue. I reckon the applications not selected will be qeued on the basis of how soon they were received.

While rumours in certain cases can be value subtracting, in this case, castigating those that divulged the 150 cap earlier, backed it up with email, and claims to have called NS and with the reasonable statement that there is ALWAYS a cap. That was a combination of factors that suggested the Cap rumour was worth acting on if only for the benefit of future queue position

With that said, with the program still open and the evidence that NS is keen to select best of breed, I'll say submit your applications ASAP if you've yet to do so.

Cheers

EbenDang

Jan 2, 2014
Hi, guys

I think the cap maybe already reached, because in Q&A, they just mentioned that they are still accepting applications for ALL streams, they don't specify the Regional Labour Market Demand stream. So I believe it is a trick.

Gerly061007 said:
ABOUT THE NOVA SCOTIA REGIONAL LABOUR MARKET DEMAND STREAM
Q: I hear there's a cap. Have you reached it yet?

A: We're still accepting applications for all of our streams. We have received a huge number of applications for the Regional Labour Market Demand stream, though, and we will only be nominating 150 of those this year. The successful applicants – the ones who are nominated – will meet all of the qualifications listed in our guidelines, will have included all of the information and documents that are required, and show a sincere intention to live in Nova Scotia.

Q: What will happen to my application after you reach 150?
A: We'll give you the option of withdrawing your application or keeping it in the queue for next year.

Q: When will I hear whether I've made it in or not?
A: We'll send you a letter once we've had an initial look at your application to see if it is complete. We call this “pre-screening.” Because of the large number of applications we're been receiving under the Regional Labour Market Demand stream, it will take us longer than our normal three months (or less). Please don't contact us to ask about the status of your application – if you haven't heard from us, we haven't reviewed your application yet, and answering calls takes time away from processing your file.
Page 11 of the RLMD guidelines outline the assessment process.

Q: I forgot something in my application – can I send it now, or should I resubmit my application?
A: We're not able to accept missing documents at this point, and preference is given to complete applications. Wait until you hear from us before sending anything else.

Q: Can I apply to your Nominee Program if I don't yet have a job lined up?
A: If you have training and experience in an occupation that needs workers, you may qualify for our Regional Labour Market Demand stream, even before you have a permanent job lined up. Read the qualifications and the list of occupations in demand in Nova Scotia carefully on this web site.

Q: My job isn't included on the In Demand list on your web site. Can I still apply through the Regional Labour Market Demand stream?
A: You will only be eligible if your occupation is listed on the In Demand list, or on the Working In Canada list.

Q: Do I need to take the IELTS General test if I've already passed the IELTS Academic?
A: No, you don't. You need to prove that you have good ability in English or French, and the IELTS Academic will do that. The different ways that you can prove language competence are outlined in the application guide.

Q: I've put in an application to the Nominee Program in another province and not heard anything. Can I apply to your program?
A: You can, if you really want to make a life in Nova Scotia. In order to receive a nomination through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program, you need to meet all of the requirements listed in our guidelines (which you can read on this website), submit a complete application and show that you have a sincere intention to settle permanently in Nova Scotia.

Q: Do I need a consultant or a lawyer to apply to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program?
A: No, you don't, but you may make use of a consultant or lawyer if you wish.

Q: I've called your office or sent a question to your NSNP @ gov.ns.ca email address and haven't heard back. When will I?
A: We've been getting hundreds of calls and emails asking for information that is available on this web site. Please click on the Provincial Nominee Program link and read the guidelines carefully.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
EbenDang said:
Hi, guys

I think the cap maybe already reached, because in Q&A, they just mentioned that they are still accepting applications for ALL streams, they don't specify the Regional Labour Market Demand stream. So I believe it is a trick.
There are many applicants in Skilled Work Stream in Nova Scotia, because of the influx of Temporary Foreign Workers in the Province. So, it will definitely stay open, although for the Regional Demand Stream (not closed yet). I heard and I confirmed (I talked to the agent in the office) that they received a lot of applications per day. As of March 10, 2014 they already received more than 150 applications. But they will select the applicants who are fitted for this program.

I live in Nova Scotia (Halifax area).

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi,

Think of people who kept hopes assumimg they had equal chance of selection. The whole point is not about cap but suitable 150 applicants who can settle in NS. I had told earlier also submit the application ASAP don't restrict your self because of CAP. Again CIC has made it very clear, they will nominate 150 applicants who meet all criteria for selection, submitted all docs and show willingness to settle in NS with strong settlement plan, so if you see the number 150 is not cap. It is max nominations for this year. One who has good settlement plan but submitted application after 10 days has good chance of getting nominated. So my whole point of disagreeing for CAP was to encourage people to file their applications as soon as possible.

Regarding prediction , i said that is what i think u r welcome to disagree with me.
sjulien said:
@ can2174

Cap is already confirmed earlier but today officially they declared on website as I am assume that so many people have contacted and asked about Cap details.

Still you guys are using your own brain to judge the application.

They clearly mentioned in FAQ that

"The successful applicants – the ones who are nominated – will meet all of the qualifications listed in our guidelines, will have included all of the information and documents that are required, and show a sincere intention to live in Nova Scotia."

Don't predict anything unless they will provide AOR/Nomination.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Carlaganda23 said:
There are many applicants in Skilled Work Stream in Nova Scotia, because of the influx of Temporary Foreign Workers in the Province. So, it will definitely stay open, although for the Regional Demand Stream (not closed yet). I heard and I confirmed (I talked to the agent in the office) that they received a lot of applications per day. As of March 10, 2014 they already received more than 150 applications. But they will select the applicants who are fitted for this program.

I live in Nova Scotia (Halifax area).

Well can you also ask your agent to inform about nominations per occupation, will this 150 be divided equally amoung given occupations?

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
ram040479 said:
Any NS resident, last time's applicants or anybody, can you throw some light on the question number 2 wherein they have said that applications will be kept in queue post 150 cap and to be used for next year. Then can we assume that they have some last year's applications lined up this year
I do not think so pertaining to RLMD. This is a new stream. We are the first set. Last year application will only be verified against CIS and not RLMD. What do you think

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
In long story in short,

suitable 150 applicants who can settle in NS = Cap

can2174 said:
Hi,

Think of people who kept hopes assumimg they had equal chance of selection. The whole point is not about cap but suitable 150 applicants who can settle in NS. I had told earlier also submit the application ASAP don't restrict your self because of CAP. Again CIC has made it very clear, they will nominate 150 applicants who meet all criteria for selection, submitted all docs and show willingness to settle in NS with strong settlement plan, so if you see the number 150 is not cap. It is max nominations for this year. One who has good settlement plan but submitted application after 10 days has good chance of getting nominated. So my whole point of disagreeing for CAP was to encourage people to file their applications as soon as possible.

Regarding prediction , i said that is what i think u r welcome to disagree with me.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
can2174 said:
Well can you also ask your agent to inform about nominations per occupation, will this 150 be divided equally amoung given occupations?
I don't have any agent at all, I've been in this Province for a while and applied for this Skilled Work Program Stream before. Skilled Work NSNP has been available since 2007-2008 if I'm not mistaken.
I am not sure if they will divide this 150 nominations to the above lists of occupation for this stream. I was former TFW in the Province and been here since 2011.

But there are a good chance for the Engineers and IT professionals to get nominated because of the Projects in Halifax Port (Ships Starts Here Project) and there are many Computer Companies recently opened in the Province.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Carlaganda23 said:
I don't have any agent at all, I've been in this Province for a while and applied for this Stream before. Skilled Work NSNP has been available since 2007-2008 if I'm not mistaken.
I am not sure if they will divide this 150 nominations to the above lists of occupation for this stream. I was former TFW in the Province and been here since 2011.

But there are a good chance for the Engineers and IT professionals to get nominated because of the Projects in Halifax Port (Ships Starts Here Project) and there are many Computer Companies recently opened in the Province.
Thank you for the information.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
can2174 said:
Thank you for the information.
You're very welcome! and Goodluck...Keep us posted! Halifax NS is very beautiful especially during summer...I don't like winter here though, too cold for me!

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Deleted entry #39.

Guys avoid making duplicate entries. Kindly use edit link in auto.atic email sent by google after u made entry in form for the first time.

sanv said:
can2174 said:
So finally it is confirmed that there are only 150 nominations for this year. If there are right now 54 entries in sheet right now, how many people would have applied already but havent been to this thread?

Guys please use ur network to find out about applicants who havent yet made the entry in the sheet. If we have accurate data about applicants , we can be sure if our application would be considered for this year or not. I guess there are 30+ occupations which means 4-5 nominations per occupations . so if you see more than 10 applicants who have applied before you then chqnces are very less that u will be in this year. This is what i think and it may be wrong. Please give ur inputs on this.

sum entries are coming twice will not give accurate picture

Saesaleh

Mar 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
NOC Code......
B556
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2015
loyer said:
@ ankit.... am not sure ur IELTS ACADEMIC MODULE wud be acceptable in ds regards.

Let others confirm if ACADEMIC MODULE IS ACCEPTABLE FOR NSNP
please check this main website

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Saesaleh said:
please check this main website
Today they updated FAQ on the site and made it clear that IELTS academic is also acceptable

Balajivellai

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

Is that all the education,work experience and training certificates copy to be certified by Notary or other authority's listed in the web site?

If yes tell me which documents to be certified?