+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 applicant, passed test in aug. ATIP says "On hold" and "BF UNDER REVIEW"

carbo

May 29, 2014
Hello everyone!
I need help understanding the latest officer notes on my ATIP. I hope you can assist.
Short timeline: I applied in 2014, sent in an RQ in the summer 2014. I passed my test with 20/20 five months ago. The interview officer had said to wait for few weeks for his answer. Received none, so I put in an ATIP:

Note 4 (aug): Applicant passed test
Note 3 (sept): File assigned to X .
Note 2 (sept): All docs, RQ analysed. FPAT completed.FOSS is being reviewed. No residency concerns. File referred to MS. XX-XXX
Note 1 (sept): IMMIG. CLEARNCE - BF UNDR REVIEW. Post test, FOSS activity, reset back to "BF REVIEW". File is placed on Hold

I had many business travel in my residency, but as per Note 3, I maintained my requirements.

Any idea what this could mean? I couldn't find anything in the forums. What should I be ready for and when? My application timeline is at about 36 months now.

Thank you kindly!

Reactions: hemeda2

carbo

May 29, 2014
Also before the NOTES:

Case Stage: Assess
Case Status: On hold
RCMP Clearance expiry: 2018
FOSS Clearance: (Empty)
CSIS Clearance: (Empty)

Many thanks!

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://meurrensonimmigration.com/suspending-citizenship-applications-due-to-cessation-hearings/

Check this link

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Sounds like something came up on the FOSS (immigration) clearance. You'd know better what it might be than anyone else.

carbo

May 29, 2014
Panda_Bear: FOSS is Field Operations Support System. database for immigration files, your interviews with the passport guys at the airports, your entries etc are available here.

ar_fabrics: Certainly interesting - and worrying at the same time. I am not refugee status, but yes, I have been back to my country of birth in my travels. I have maintained my residency requirements ever since I landed. i don't see if this would be grounds to suspend me ?

links18: I would have said the cause is "my frequent travels in and out of Canada," but the "No residency concerns" note indicates it must be something else? Maybe my parents used to be PRs but haven't been in Canada in a long time, but I don't see that it has anything to do with me.

I have requested updated FOSS records.. let's see..

carbo

May 29, 2014
Panda_Bear said:
How can you request a FOSS record? Who can provide that?
You canb through here online, very easy: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/
Select Canadian Border Services Agency, and indicate you want FOSS records.

Cheers!

rocky.moin

Jan 13, 2015
Hello Carbo

I am exactly in the same shoes as you. I am also a 2014 applicant,wrote my test in April 2015 and waiting for FOSS clearance since Sept 2015 as per ATIP. I have the same on ATIP , 'on Hold' and 'BF UNDER REVIEW'.
I wrote many letters but no response from the CIC. Not sure what to do. i dont understand why it is taking them so long to get my records? Where are they getting them from, Mars ?

Went to the MP and the secretary responded that they cannot expedite, but only get the status from the CIC. Not sure why they saying that.
This is so frustrating !!
//Moin

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Your MP's office cannot officially get your case expedited, but sometimes an inquiry from the MP can help get the ball moving on stalled cases. Perhaps they can figure out what "BF under review" means, at the very least?