+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

$200 returned after I sent Citizenship Application?

GMTD1987

Jul 9, 2018
Such a run around.

They emailed back yesterday saying I had to email my detail to IRCC Refunds, which I did.

Then they emailed back this morning saying;

"Our system did not locate any record associated with the information you have provided below.
Please validate the date and provide a credit card statement so we can proceed with locating the receipt number."

So, sent off receipt and credit card statements and awaiting response now.

I'm actually worried about my application. If I wait much longer, I exceed the days spent in the country (no longer in Canada).

IMpat

Feb 2, 2019
Anyone get a refund from citizen immigration Canada for $500 before?

Jan. 31, 2019
CREDIT VOUCHER/RETURN CITIZENSHIP & IMM ON-LINEOTTAWA QC
$500.00

It came in on the same credit card that I used to pay for my PR application 10 months ago, I paid in Canadian currency. There is no fee that I know of that was for exactly $500 and I called Immigration and the automated system said they are still processing my application.

Any info would be great :)

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Anyone get a refund from citizen immigration Canada for $500 before?

Jan. 31, 2019
CREDIT VOUCHER/RETURN CITIZENSHIP & IMM ON-LINEOTTAWA QC
$500.00

It came in on the same credit card that I used to pay for my PR application 10 months ago, I paid in Canadian currency. There is no fee that I know of that was for exactly $500 and I called Immigration and the automated system said they are still processing my application.

Any info would be great :)
Did you check if you overpaid the total fee for your PR application? It should be $1040 ($550 processing fee and $490 RPRF) for single application.
I suggested you try calling IRCC again and talk to them if you are certain you paid the correct amount.