+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

20 photos vs 20 pages of multiple photos each

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the new application and max limit of photos at 20. Is it fine if we submit 20 pages with with multiple phitos and descriptions per page. I know it wasnt an issue before but with the new limits in place is it still wise to do this?

Im finding it challenging to just submit 20 photos. I really want to go this route of laying out photos and descriptions on Word and printing 20 pages on photo paper. But dont want to annoy the immigration officer either.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know nothing of this, but the old Russain saying goes, 'the more the better'

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Pretty sure they put a limit on it for a reason. Satisfying your own personal need to disregard instruction is pointless. We did 25 pictures, 10 of vacations together, 15 with family and friends, hand wrote a quick description of the event, date and participants and sent it off. And ours was identified as a potentially difficult application. Done in less than 6 months. No long stories, no lifetime picture gallery, just to the point.

The old auditor in me say not to give them any more than they ask for or more than you want to answer questions about. The more you present the better the opportunity to dig deeper.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buletruck said:
Pretty sure they put a limit on it for a reason. Satisfying your own personal need to disregard instruction is pointless. We did 25 pictures, 10 of vacations together, 15 with family and friends, hand wrote a quick description of the event, date and participants and sent it off. And ours was identified as a potentially difficult application. Done in less than 6 months. No long stories, no lifetime picture gallery, just to the point.

The old auditor in me say not to give them any more than they ask for or more than you want to answer questions about. The more you present the better the opportunity to dig deeper.
Noted. Is it ok to still have a single photo per page for a total of 20 pages. It is easier for typing descriptions into word. All photos are digital.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Screenager said:
Noted. Is it ok to still have a single photo per page for a total of 20 pages. It is easier for typing descriptions into word. All photos are digital.
Are you typing essays or something for each picture? I had anywhere from 4 to 10 photos per page in Word and was still able to fit captions in for them.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Are you typing essays or something for each picture? I had anywhere from 4 to 10 photos per page in Word and was still able to fit captions in for them.
New application kit limits it to 20 photos. (Not pages). I had planned to do the same, have 3-4 photos per page and then have 20 pages, but im advised against it on the forum.

May be what you are pointing to is having multiple photos per page but limiting total photos to 20 still.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
jeffporfirio1 said:
I know nothing of this, but the old Russain saying goes, 'the more the better'
So, when applying for status in Russia, include every photo you've ever taken.

Meanwhile, the Canadian immigration department rule goes, "Provide a maximum of 20 photographs to support your relationship".

I don't understand why so many posters in the past few weeks have asked the same question. "I read the instruction given by the people making a judgement on me, but because this is an important thing, I should totally disobey it and do whatever I want instead, right?"

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Screenager said:
New application kit limits it to 20 photos. (Not pages). I had planned to do the same, have 3-4 photos per page and then have 20 pages, but im advised against it on the forum.

May be what you are pointing to is having multiple photos per page but limiting total photos to 20 still.
Yes, multiple photos per page to a max of 20 photos. There is no need to use 20 pages when you can use significantly less than that to the same effect.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Bcboundboy said:
So, when applying for status in Russia, include every photo you've ever taken.

Meanwhile, the Canadian immigration department rule goes, "Provide a maximum of 20 photographs to support your relationship".

I don't understand why so many posters in the past few weeks have asked the same question. "I read the instruction given by the people making a judgement on me, but because this is an important thing, I should totally disobey it and do whatever I want instead, right?"
It's hard to get over the mentality "more is better" and "if I show them all this, I must be legit!" but we have to think about it from a IRCC Officer's perspective. It's unlikely any officer is even looking at the 100's of pics some people send. I agree, though, follow the rules! This is a new system so why try to make it more complicated.

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
Can we submit actual photos and write on the back of them or is the digital route safe to do? I just don't want to do anything that may upset a CIC officer.

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
ConfusedandInLove said:
Can we submit actual photos and write on the back of them or is the digital route safe to do? I just don't want to do anything that may upset a CIC officer.
they dont accept digital...ie photos on USB, CD, emailed as attachement/IRCC web form, etc

you have to print out a physical photo and label them

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
Sorry, what I mean is if I put say 4 digital photos on a page and then print that and type descriptions below each photo, thus only 5 pages (20 photos max) or is it best to do it exactly as the guide says? In the checklist, it seems like they are referring to actual photos and then ask you to write on the back but I have read how they have returned applications to people in the past because they included original documents and am scared they may view photos as original documents.

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
dont think how you arrange them matters...as long as it is 20 photos max and each labeled accordingly

I used powepoint to arrange my photos 2 per page so that there were big enough with descriptions underneath listing the people pictured and the context/event

you could always just go to a photo lab and just write on the back of the photo which should have adequate space

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ConfusedandInLove said:
Sorry, what I mean is if I put say 4 digital photos on a page and then print that and type descriptions below each photo, thus only 5 pages (20 photos max) or is it best to do it exactly as the guide says? In the checklist, it seems like they are referring to actual photos and then ask you to write on the back but I have read how they have returned applications to people in the past because they included original documents and am scared they may view photos as original documents.
It doesn't matter if you put multiple photos on a page in Word or print individual photos. Photos are not original documents.

samarik

Jan 17, 2017
I've already submitted my application. Application has been transferred to VO.
I had 20 pictures... 1 picture per page with desc and write up on the back.