+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

20 photos to proof the relationship?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Are you able to offer us a worldwide comparison of vaccine-related border controls? Can you identify Canada as the worst or among the worst of all countries in the world? I see your comment as just plain silly. If you think Canada makes it tough, I can find worse. I went to the Philippines for 2 months in February. Their law required full vaccination. To get in, one also had to provide a negative RT-PCR test done 48-72 hours before flight. Very few labs in Canada were processing those tests in that short a time. I had to pay $350 for results guaranteed in 24 hours. Then, I had to quarantine in the Philippines for a week anyway. I had to report first to a center where I was examined, required to fill out questionnaires and be photographed. Most SE Asia countries were the same at the time. I refrained from calling the Phils government insane. It was a case of an elected government doing what it though appropriate.

I won't even comment on the notion of sponsoring someone you have never met as a conjugal partner. I would hope Canada would not permit such a thing. That would be an insanely lax attitude to granting permanent residence.

As others have said, is it simply a matter of her not wanting vaccine? If so, tell her to bloody well get vaccinated. Many who are not enthusiastic about being vaccinated have gone ahead and done it in order to travel, like it or not. Or is there a medical reason why she cannot? Even then, I cannot see Canada granting her any kind of exemption. And are you barred from going to see her in her country?
I also went to the Philippines in February 2022 for 1 month and I can beg to differ about the experience. The border reopened on February 10th for foreign tourists so you probably entered before it as you might be already married (before the reopening, only foreigners married to Filipino nationals can enter with proper paperwork and quarantine). However, I also did have to pay 200$ to get a 24h RT-PCR test at this time and I'm fully vaccinated. Fortunately, I will travel back in 11 days and none of those requirements apply anymore as I have a booster too which removes the testing requirement. I could have met my now wife in a third country but we decided not to due to unneeded expenses and hassles. Those are our personal choices and in the end, we met again and married last march.

For the OP, I agree that without a physical meeting, the application is guaranteed to be rejected and I hardly find any obstacles because if there is a will, there is a possibility. Personal choices aren’t an obstacle for IRCC whether it is legitimate or not.

RedBanzino

Jul 28, 2022
What is preventing you from visiting her or meeting in a 3rd country? Agree with others that if proxy marriages aren’t accepted why would relationships where you have never met be accepted?
I as well am unvaccinated so I also cannot travel outside of Canada, essentially I'm stuck here. and with our relationship, we have not seen anything anywhere saying anything about us needing to have been together personally, only potential inferences by saying "marriage-like" which is vague at best.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I as well am unvaccinated so I also cannot travel outside of Canada, essentially I'm stuck here. and with our relationship, we have not seen anything anywhere saying anything about us needing to have been together personally, only potential inferences by saying "marriage-like" which is vague at best.
So both of you have, it seems, decided not to get vaccinated.

Unlikely that IRCC will see this as a 'barrier' because that is your choice.

If you feel the 'marriage-like' inference is vague, feel free to pay for legal advice or just apply and wait to get refused.

RedBanzino

Jul 28, 2022
Are you able to offer us a worldwide comparison of vaccine-related border controls? Can you identify Canada as the worst or among the worst of all countries in the world? I see your comment as just plain silly. If you think Canada makes it tough, I can find worse. I went to the Philippines for 2 months in February. Their law required full vaccination. To get in, one also had to provide a negative RT-PCR test done 48-72 hours before flight. Very few labs in Canada were processing those tests in that short a time. I had to pay $350 for results guaranteed in 24 hours. Then, I had to quarantine in the Philippines for a week anyway. I had to report first to a center where I was examined, required to fill out questionnaires and be photographed. Most SE Asia countries were the same at the time. I refrained from calling the Phils government insane. It was a case of an elected government doing what it though appropriate.

I won't even comment on the notion of sponsoring someone you have never met as a conjugal partner. I would hope Canada would not permit such a thing. That would be an insanely lax attitude to granting permanent residence.

As others have said, is it simply a matter of her not wanting vaccine? If so, tell her to bloody well get vaccinated. Many who are not enthusiastic about being vaccinated have gone ahead and done it in order to travel, like it or not. Or is there a medical reason why she cannot? Even then, I cannot see Canada granting her any kind of exemption. And are you barred from going to see her in her country?
I'm not here to compare Canada's silly border controls to other countries, though Canada used to be a place of freedom and free-choice, but when we're so limited to our right to move freely, then yes I will comment on it's highly controlling remarks against its own citizens (tho I am not complaining, it's well known the government's means are simply to control (to govern = to control)).
Where you imply that making a decision of our health is a 'choice' in this illusory elected government, in order to simply go about a regular life, where we either comply or bow our heads, then no, we will not be co-erced into a decision of our health.
At this point we're not looking into sponsorship until the government is less about controlling (yes I understand the contradiction)for us to be able to see eachother.

My remark, is that it's just unfortunate that this pandemic has gone so far in shaking society so deeply, as well as the political and economical grabbing at straws to keep everyone controlled and creating a definitive division amongst it's population. I agree that our conjugal partnership may not be up to the governments terms of love or relationships as it protects Canadians.

Thank you all for your responses, it was worth the ride<3

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
So just where, pray tell, do you differ about the experience? I know very well about the Feb. 10 reopening. I landed there Feb. 18. You say "none of those requirements apply anymore". I am not talking about "anymore". My comments were directed to how it was in Feb. 2022. I also note that I omitted the requirement for Covid-19 insurance (how insanely dictatorship-style is that?). Was I wrong? As well, so far as I am aware (maybe you can correct me) vaccination is still required. If not, quarantine required.

In any event, let's suppose your experience was wholly different from mine and you were able to sail in, no questions asked. Why would you "beg to differ"? That imports the meaning that you disagree with me. Why disagree? Why not just say your experience was different and, unlike me, you were given an easy entry with no special requirements?

I am returning to the Phils for 3 months in November. I cannot predict what the requirements will be then.

Are you planning to bring your spouse here? If so, have you obtained the coveted PSA marriage certificate? Or are you exempt from that requirement?
I did check all the requirements at this time including the 35k$ insurance with covid coverage and it went well for me. I now see why you didn't have a stellar experience.

And yes I did have the PSA marriage certificate thanks to a helpful mayor drafting an exception letter to make processing quick. Got it in may, 2 months after marriage.

Back to topic... Personal choices will never be considered an obstacle for the government, unfortunately.

stuck2020

Aug 18, 2022
So both of you have, it seems, decided not to get vaccinated.

Unlikely that IRCC will see this as a 'barrier' because that is your choice.

If you feel the 'marriage-like' inference is vague, feel free to pay for legal advice or just apply and wait to get refused.
What happens if one is unvaccinated and the other isnt. woule we have to be married for IRCC to consider the exemption? or is engagment suffice. Im losing hope.

stuck2020

Aug 18, 2022
Canada accepts Conjugal partners alongside spousal and common-law sponsorships.
As our long distance relationship expands beyond 1 year, our only obstacle is the border restrictions with not being able to see eachother physically.

"A conjugal partner is: a person who is living outside Canada, in a conjugal relationship with the sponsor for at least one year, and. could not live with the sponsor as a couple because of reasons beyond their control (e.g. immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation)."
- From Canada.ca
please help me. what is the process for that? my fiance of over a year is unvaccinated, i am vaccinated and we are trying to figure our how to get him sponsored o we can be together

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What happens if one is unvaccinated and the other isnt. woule we have to be married for IRCC to consider the exemption? or is engagment suffice. Im losing hope.
Engagement doesn't help at all.

What are your genuine immigration barriers that you think might be grounds for a successful Conjugal partner sponsorship?

If either of you could travel to the other and get married, that's pretty much an instant rejection.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't understand the situation, as you/re a different poster. Explain the situation.

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
I don't understand the situation, as you/re a different poster. Explain the situation.
Hi Armoured, Can you please give me your suggestions. I am worried about my spousal sponsorship application outland online submitted in June 2022. Application is submitted from my PR online portal (I am sponsor) but our application is without rep. The only thing is the online portal is on sponsor's email address. I realized its mention in use of rep document checklist point that - If sponsor will receive correspondence for, or act in any way on behalf of the PA's, the applicant must submit use of rep form.If this is not provided, the application will be returned without being processed.
So, is this mean my application is incomplete or should I send webform to update use of rep and document checklist.
Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Armoured, Can you please give me your suggestions. I am worried about my spousal sponsorship application outland online submitted in June 2022. Application is submitted from my PR online portal (I am sponsor) but our application is without rep. The only thing is the online portal is on sponsor's email address. I realized its mention in use of rep document checklist point that - If sponsor will receive correspondence for, or act in any way on behalf of the PA's, the applicant must submit use of rep form.If this is not provided, the application will be returned without being processed.
So, is this mean my application is incomplete or should I send webform to update use of rep and document checklist.
Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Don't know. I usually suggest the sponsor should be rep just in case (if no consultant or lawyer). You could try to add with webform but sorry - don't know.

jiji2

Mar 1, 2018
I haven't been in person with my girlfriend (who I'm sponsoring), and i'm able to sponsor in every other aspect other than providing pictures of us together, pls help ;,)
It doesn’t sound like your relationship is far enough along for you to be able to sponsor her. Only hitting 1 category to prove a relationship isn’t good. You’ll need to show financial shared accounts, social media etc. what about family support? Are they aware?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn’t sound like your relationship is far enough along for you to be able to sponsor her. Only hitting 1 category to prove a relationship isn’t good. You’ll need to show financial shared accounts, social media etc. what about family support? Are they aware?
The OP stated that they will meet every other aspect except photographs.