+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

20 photos and love story

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
They want evidence. I'll provide the evidence plus the substantiate letter to prove that our marriage is real and the sole purpose of it. That's all. Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
They want evidence. I'll provide the evidence plus the substantiate letter to prove that our marriage is real and the sole purpose of it. That's all. Thanks
A long letter is NOT evidence. You need to provide real evidence if IRCC is already asking for additional prove.

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
I agree, it is not. I have the additional proof they are asking plus the letter.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As I recall from your other thread, you dated and possibly lived together for several years, AND have a child together.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sponsorship-letter.813446/

I repeat the point from that other thread: you seem to find this letter a big deal and are almost certainly overdoing it. Again without knowing all the details, all I can say is you likely need NO letter at all, or at most only a short one (less than one page), and your basic evidence - modest amounts - is almost certainly enough.

I repeat the point, again, that others have made as well as I can: your long letter is more likely to make things WORSE. Stop, breath, and don't overdo it. Provide only what they ask for. You are overthinking this. Save your fifteen page letter for scrapbooks or as something for your kid to laugh at 20 years from now.

Even your spouse's visa refusal is not a major issue, many couples have this. Disclose the refusal and the reasons given by IRCC, and that's it.

Jain23

May 15, 2023
It's all up to you., there is no need to write a novel. Just attach 20 pictures and created it in 1 PDF file with a description for each picture. some times pictures can say the love story.;)

Reactions: armoured

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I only knew my wife for 8 months, when we married on my second trip to ever see her. I was only divorced for 3 months from my previous marriage when we married. My application was successful in only 6 months start to finish, no interview even when IRCC estimate said 24 months at the time. This is what I provided as proof of our relationship.

1. 20 pictures in a single PDF with a description for each.
2. 1/2-page letter from myself and 1/2-page from my wife with a brief description of our relationship.
3. Phone and text logs.
4. 2 letters from my family and 2 letters from wife's family in support of our relationship. Very short letters. Just a few sentences each.
5. Trip receipts, Wedding receipts etc…
6. Proof of support.

And just the other basic requirements they ask for.

We also provided a letter of explanation for two questions. My wife had no idea of her parent's birth or death dates, The other was to explain why I was divorced and remarried in a 3-month period.

Provide strong evidence, stick to relevant facts. Do not write a boring novel. More than two pages is a boring novel.

Last edited: