+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

20 months of waiting conjugal sponsorship(cic manila)

EBUENCONS

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-7-2013
Interview........
hope not anymore
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully this july
Its been like forever of waiting on our spousal sponsorship application in Canada. I am the one whose being sponsored by my partner who is a Canadian citizen and we are in a same sex relationship and we applied for conjugal spousal sponsorship. It was September 2013 when we sent our application to CIC missisauga in Ontario.we recieved an acnowledgement letter Sept 18, 2013 that my partner passed the eligibility to sponsor me and sent our papers to Manila Embassy. It was then May 13.2014 when i recieved an email from my consultant stating that the visa officer requested for my passport and appendix A, i was so excited that time because i thought they will already stamp my passport with visa and i will be with my partner soon. Unfortunately I was wrong and we waited until January of 2015 asking for additional documents becuase the visa officer was not satisfied on the genuiness of our relationship.We were helpless and stressed that time because of that. but still we managed to be strong and just accomplish the request of the visa officer. We sent the documents they asked for last Feb 6,2015 ,we gathered everything we can send like continous remmitances, letters from both families, skype and viber communications and a cover letter that would sum up everything we passed before and now. Its nearly our 20 months of waiting on our application. my passport is already 1 yr from the immigration and i havent had any remedical requests yet.its really frustrating our papers are getting delayed we dont know why but all we can do is wait. I know patience is a virtue but its getting tougher and tougher becuase of the waiting time. We hope everything will be worth waiting for.Weve been through a lot now and me and my partner has a lot of plans together .We already celebrated our 4th yr anniversary last march 25,2015 through skype .we love each other so much,we are willing to wait but we hope that the visa officer will give us a chance to be together because our relationship is for real and we wanted to have a family together.. Its really frustrating. we just hope our papers will get a good result.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
I am sorry to hear about this, the CIC sometimes be very very slow. Have you gotten a GCMS ATIP notes on your file? You can request them online for $5:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

This will give you all the insight into what is going on with your file after 30 days (that's how long it takes to get them).

In addition, you can contact your MP to look into your situation as well if you haven't already.

EBUENCONS

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-7-2013
Interview........
hope not anymore
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully this july
thanks,ive already purchased gcms and i will recieve it by MAY 27.i hope everythin will be good on my app.

EBUENCONS

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-7-2013
Interview........
hope not anymore
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully this july
22 months of waiting conjugal sponsorship(cic manila) at last in process

Hi guys im so happy that my ecas already shows in process (we started processing your application june 23,2015. last july 2 cic emailed me and request for a remedical and renewal of nbi clearance since its already expired. my medical was sent to the immigration last july 15 as per the email of st lukes clinic and my NBI clearance was sent july 14 to cic....is this already a good sign that im already approve? how many weeks or months will i recieve my visa?.thanks for all the answers.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 22 months of waiting conjugal sponsorship(cic manila) at last in process

EBUENCONS said:
Hi guys im so happy that my ecas already shows in process (we started processing your application june 23,2015. last july 2 cic emailed me and request for a remedical and renewal of nbi clearance since its already expired. my medical was sent to the immigration last july 15 as per the email of st lukes clinic and my NBI clearance was sent july 14 to cic....is this already a good sign that im already approve? how many weeks or months will i recieve my visa?.thanks for all the answers.
We can't know yet if you are approved, but going into process is a good sign that they're moving forward. It is probably taking so long because conjugal applications are generally under a lot more scrutiny than common law or spousal applications, as they are easier to fake and harder to prove that they are "marriage-like". I hope you get news soon! Perhaps asking for a new medical is a good sign, I can't see why they'd have you do it again just to deny you. But no one knows for sure, the way CIC works is a mystery. Good luck to you and your partner!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27

KelseyTVS said:
It is probably taking so long because conjugal applications are generally under a lot more scrutiny than common law or spousal applications, as they are easier to fake and harder to prove that they are "marriage-like".
Additionally, conjugal applicants have to show that there are "exceptional circumstances" preventing the couple from cohabiting long enough to form a common-law relationship. These exceptional circumstances usually need to be legal or safety barriers; financial or economic reasons are usually insufficient by themselves.

To quote the outland processing manual:

[quote author=OP-2]
For example, the foreign partner may be married but comes from a country where divorce is not possible or the Canadian and partner may be in a same-sex relationship. In both cases, the partners probably will not be able to obtain long-stay visas in order to live together in one another’s country and meet the cohabitation requirement for common-law partners. Because the other option – marriage – is not available to these couples, they are permanently separated. This is unfair and discriminatory. The conjugal partner category provides the ability for a Canadian in these circumstances to sponsor the foreign national partner.[/quote]

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Majromax said:
Additionally, conjugal applicants have to show that there are "exceptional circumstances" preventing the couple from cohabiting long enough to form a common-law relationship. These exceptional circumstances usually need to be legal or safety barriers; financial or economic reasons are usually insufficient by themselves.
Yeah, you're right. Since same-sex marriage is illegal in the Philippines, I assumed that was the exceptional circumstance, though I'm not sure what barriers to common-law they face.