+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

20 hours work limit

Ryan_22

Mar 12, 2021
I am an international student landed few months back in Canada. I got a part time jobs and started with the training of around 3-4 days. Now the issue is I didn't know we are paid for the training. When I got my payslip, I noticed I worked for 25 hrs that week. I immediately consulted my manager and he said he will make sure my hours do not exceed the limit of 20. I want to is there an issue with that ? I am quite worried about this issue. Please suggest what to do.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am an international student landed few months back in Canada. I got a part time jobs and started with the training of around 3-4 days. Now the issue is I didn't know we are paid for the training. When I got my payslip, I noticed I worked for 25 hrs that week. I immediately consulted my manager and he said he will make sure my hours do not exceed the limit of 20. I want to is there an issue with that ? I am quite worried about this issue. Please suggest what to do.
It should not be an issue since you knew what happened and it was only for one week.

Ryan_22

Mar 12, 2021
Yeah, we get our payslip for 2 weeks combine. So it makes 45 hrs for two weeks. Should I take a off next week to average the extra hours ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah, we get our payslip for 2 weeks combine. So it makes 45 hrs for two weeks. Should I take a off next week to average the extra hours ?
You can’t “average“ hours for the month. It is 20 hours per week. There isn’t anything you can do, and 5 hours will not make a difference.

Reactions: Ryan_22