+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

20% cases in Express entry

sushminder

Jan 15, 2019
In my express entry they are saying "application is taking longer than usual time to process". what does that means? and how long does it takes? 6 months already complete now they put me under 20% cases

D

Deleted member 810875

there are many in this forum...I myself have been waiting for over 8 months.

Reactions: sushminder

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
In my express entry they are saying "application is taking longer than usual time to process". what does that means? and how long does it takes? 6 months already complete now they put me under 20% cases
That message will automatically show up once you cross the 6 months mark. Doesn't mean you're in the 20%.
Many applications don't take exactly 6 months. Some will finish processing in just a few days or a few weeks later.
It's just a basic computer managing the statuses:
IF processing time greater than 183 days, then show status "Your application is taking longer than usual".

But your application can be processed in 190 days, and you can still consider yourself as a normal application.

There seem to be a lot of backlogs lately...

sushminder

Jan 15, 2019
there are many in this forum...I myself have been waiting for over 8 months.
So
That message will automatically show up once you cross the 6 months mark. Doesn't mean you're in the 20%.
Many applications don't take exactly 6 months. Some will finish processing in just a few days or a few weeks later.
IF processing time greater than 183 days, then show status "Your application is taking longer than usual".

But your application can be processed in 190 days, and you can still consider yourself as a normal application.

but in my Status it is also written that 20% of our application are more complex to process
is it normal?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
So

but in my Status it is also written that 20% of our application are more complex to process
is it normal?
Yes.
The estimation is 6 months or less for 80% of applications.
But when you let a computer manage the paragraph wording in the profile page, 6 months is 6 months. That's it. 183 days.
So as soon as you get to the 184th day and still no response, it will automatically assume you're part of the 20% because based on its logic, you're no longer among the 80%.
But can you really consider that your application wasn't processed in 6 months if it's process in 190 days instead of 183? Not really ;)

If you get way above the 200 day mark (like 230 days), that's when I would start asking myself questions.

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
I have been waiting since August 2017 and going to complete 18 months in next 2 weeks :)

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Security screening?
I am not aware about security screening. I didn't see anything mentioned about SS in my GCMS note, my quick status --

AOR - August 8, 2017
MEP - September 1, 2017
Re-Medical Request - November 2, 2018
Re-Medical Submitted - November 26, 2018
Re-Medical Passed - November 29, 2018
RPRF Request - December 19, 2018
RPRF Paid - December 19, 2018

I wrote an email to NDVO and got the below response on Jan 2, 2019 --

"Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, India.

This application is under review by an officer. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.

We trust that this information will be of assistance."

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
After a long journey of 18 months, I finally RECEIVED the GOLDEN EMAIL around 30 minutes back, I FINALLY GOT MY PPR. Even though it is 12:26 AM (midnight) for me in USA, I can't wait to share the good news with all my friends here. Thanks to everyone for your support, A BIG THANK YOU Guys!

Regards,
Aditya

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
After a long journey of 18 months, I finally RECEIVED the GOLDEN EMAIL around 30 minutes back, I FINALLY GOT MY PPR. Even though it is 12:26 AM (midnight) for me in USA, I can't wait to share the good news with all my friends here. Thanks to everyone for your support, A BIG THANK YOU Guys!

Regards,
Aditya

Congratulations!! That was a very long wait...kudos to your patience.

drishya.n87

Apr 24, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Even we are facing the same issue the status bar in our application shows "this is taking longer than expected"planning to raise a case with the CIC to get an update on the same.