+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 years Work permit but pregnant

Zoraide

Apr 9, 2019
Hi everyone.
Im in Canada undru a 2 yearsyears c work permit. I woek for 6 months only because I got pregnant on the way so I'm now at home on maternity leave.
I just got a call from my lawyer saying that my employer wants to cancelled my work permit. We had some issues not related with the job and he chanced he's mind.
Now, whats gonna happen with me?
I already applied for oeemanper residence as soon as land here.
Thanks so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you qualify for PR? Why wouldn't you have applied from your home country versus getting a closed work permit. Are you in your home country or in Canada? How many days did you stay in Canada? How many hours did you work in Canada? Over 600 hours to qualify for maternity payments?

Zoraide

Apr 9, 2019
Yes I do qualify. I'm in Canada still because my baby just born. I'm here since last July and I did worked more than 600h that's why Im home and qualified to get paid.
My concern is since they are cancelling my work permit I'm gonna get kind of deported? My husband has an open work permit though....

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You need to get the details from your lawyer if you want help here. We can't help unless you know about your own case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general closed work permits can't be withdrawn but you can't work other places without an LMIA and another work permit. You mentionned there wer circumstances going on. Can't comment whether a withdrawal wouls be possible if there is some more serious problem.

Zoraide

Apr 9, 2019
The issues are things not related with my job at all. Nothing very serious I would say. But still they want to cancel.

Zoraide

Apr 9, 2019
Well, there's no score. This is how I applied and how I was selected:
They were looking for X professional, they post an ad on the newspaper so I applied.
Because I was the best and had better knowledge about that job they selected me.
I got the approval last April and I moved to Canada in July of the same year so I could star working. I woeked for them untill January and then I had the baby and rigth now I'm at home with baby.
As soon as I arrived my lawyer made the papers to apply for Permanent residence witch takes about 19 months to get the answer.
Now that they want to cancel their participation I don't know if Canada will send me back home since that im gonna lose my permission to work. They might let me stay till the end of my work permit but I'm not allowed to work anywhere else.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, there's no score. This is how I applied and how I was selected:
They were looking for X professional, they post an ad on the newspaper so I applied.
Because I was the best and had better knowledge about that job they selected me.
I got the approval last April and I moved to Canada in July of the same year so I could star working. I woeked for them untill January and then I had the baby and rigth now I'm at home with baby.
As soon as I arrived my lawyer made the papers to apply for Permanent residence witch takes about 19 months to get the answer.
Now that they want to cancel their participation I don't know if Canada will send me back home since that im gonna lose my permission to work. They might let me stay till the end of my work permit but I'm not allowed to work anywhere else.
Still don't understand what program you applied for your PR but only qualified when you arrived versus before. Assume it was a PNP but have you actually been nominated or just applied? Normally you can stay with your closed work permit but can't work.

Last edited:

Zoraide

Apr 9, 2019
I was approved /nominated by the government, they approved my PNP application in april so I moved to Canada in July to work for that company

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was approved /nominated by the government, they approved my PNP application in april so I moved to Canada in July to work for that company
If your PNP nomination is based on this job offer and you have been fired, then you could lose your nomination and no longer qualify for PR. You really need to contact your lawyer and the relevant PNP.