+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 years visitor visa extension question

sjpandey

Oct 15, 2008
Hello, my mother is visiting Canada next week on a visitor visa valid until the end of December, 2013. Her visa will expire on December 29, 2013. I’m told that we can extend her visa for more 2 years from within Canada and I’m planning to do so. Here are my questions:

a) Can I apply for 2 yrs extension directly ? or we are
allowed to extend only for six months each time x 4
times ? Please clarify

b) In order to qualify for 2 yrs extension, how long do we
need to buy her Medical Insurance for ?

c) What reason should I give the immigration office for visa
extension ? My mom likes to spend some time with her
granddaughter. Is this reason enough for visa
extension ? What do you think ?

Please let me know if anyone has experience with this and please share your thoughts.

Thanks and grateful !!!

Canadian_Star

Aug 14, 2013
sjpandey said:
Hello, my mother is visiting Canada next week on a visitor visa valid until the end of December, 2013. Her visa will expire on December 29, 2013. I'm told that we can extend her visa for more 2 years from within Canada and I'm planning to do so. Here are my questions:

times ? Please clarify

Please let me know if anyone has experience with this and please share your thoughts.

Thanks and grateful !!!

My mother has 10 years visa & got 2 years stamp for stay in Canada on Port of entry, as per my experience;

You need not to give reason / excuse; you need to apply for extension of visa - filling forms & apply.

times ? Please clarify
If you are PR or citizen and has shown income to CRA; I meant, have copy of Assessment from CRA with minimum required income - which depends on no. of persons in your family; in that case, you are eligible to sponsor her super visa, which is for up to 10 years and applicant get maximum stay stamp for 2 years at a time. After 2 years applicant can re-enter as visa is valid for 10 up to year.

To apply for super-visa, one need to go for medical tests from immigration recognized doctor; doctor sends reports directly to visa officer.
Applicant also need to submit proof of 1 year medical insurance with minimum 100k coverage.

(In our case, we got 100k insurance while applying and continued with 100k coverage after first year; and will keep it in future too).

I hope my experience would be helpful...

In case you don't want to apply for super-visa, you can apply for (regular) visa which is for 6 months. One don't need to go for medical test & don't need to get 100k medical insurance policy (it's not mandatory but important).

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
sjpandey said:
Hello, my mother is visiting Canada next week on a visitor visa valid until the end of December, 2013. Her visa will expire on December 29, 2013. I'm told that we can extend her visa for more 2 years from within Canada and I'm planning to do so. Here are my questions:

times ? Please clarify

Thanks and grateful !!!
I did it for my folks in increments - 6+1 year now, basically you need to satisfy them by way of requirements normally required for Supervisa. So LICO etc
I gave reason that house construction going on, want to travel around Canada
They will ask to go meds for sure and show proof of insurance

Canadian_Star

Aug 14, 2013
user828 said:
I did it for my folks in increments - 6+1 year now, basically you need to satisfy them by way of requirements normally required for Supervisa. So LICO etc
I gave reason that house construction going on, want to travel around Canada
They will ask to go meds for sure and show proof of insurance
Hello user828,

My mother has 10 year visa and got 2 yr stay at port of entry; I need to apply for extension, this is first time I would be preparing for applying for extension, can you please reply to my doubts at following link?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/supervisa-extension-t161522.0.html

It would be very helpful...

sjpandey

Oct 15, 2008
Can I apply for Supervisa from within Canada ? I thought that Supervisa can be applied only from outside Canada.
My mother doesn't have 10 yrs visa. Her 5 yrs visa will expire at the end of December. What is the best option to extend her visa for 2 years ? Please advise. Thanks a lof for your help.