+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 years requirement

bluejays2221

Jan 28, 2009
I am a 23 year old guy who had been travelling going to summer camps in Canada since i was 11.I got my pr card on 2005 cos my dad had applied to an enterprenuer program and got accepted.I have stayed in canada for 2 months so far,last year i had applied to concordia industrial engineering and got accepted.But i freezed my university,cos my father wanted to me to save money and work our company in overseas.We have around 5 canadian employees and millions of dollars exportation to europe every year.I am doing marketing here and trying to find new customers and develop the market,at the end of the year i will be returning back to concordia to go on with my university.But i would missing 2 years requirement by only 4 months,but i am working for our canadian company which was established in 2003 smth.What kind of documents should i bring to Canada when i enter to show to the customs to prove i am working here.How can they understand the difference ,i am gonna tell the truth,but i heard lots of people are saying they are working when they are not ,would they behave me like those liars.I am getting paid around 3000$ cad a month,and get bonuses on more products i sell here,please help me guys,cos the lawyers in Canada,doesnt help me and only want to get my money.What documents should i bring and what chances do i have

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are supposed to be ok when working for a Canadian company that transferred you overseas but I have heard they are strict on what they consider a Canadian company plus if they suspect you started the company so you could stay in another country and keep your PR, they will not look too kindly on that. Bring all documents you can about the company, ownership of the company, how long you've worked there and doing what.

bluejays2221

Jan 28, 2009
No we didnt start the company for pr,it s a company that have established like 4 years before we got our pr,and it s making a big business with europe,we are exporting canadian products to europe,for like maybe 7-8 years.There are around 5 canadian citizens working in the company branch in canada.What i do in overseas,is basically,to improve the market,like a marketing and also travel alot to speak with our customers,to find their needs,and help them if they have problem with our machines.Also if i find a new customer i get a bonus like %10 percent on the whole sale.I am working here like since 2008 september and going back to concordia in july for my industrial engineering degree.I have saved a good money to help me with the rest of my education life.But the problem is when i return back to Canada,i would have 20 months left,but i have worked like 8 months for our family canadian company,i dont know what are the customs gonna say,.Are they gonna let me in,or tell me that i have lost pr status.Where am i gonna show the documents,upon entry or when i apply to renew my pr.Thank you for your answers.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
this is a complex issue, and I am not an expert

suggest you thoroughly read the operating manual known as OP 10 which can be found below, especially sections 6 and 10

your descriptions of the company you are working for outside of Canada is insufficient for me to make a comparison with the Canadian Immigration requirements

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op10e.pdf

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They may question you when they let you in and may ask you to show documents then and there or give you a time period to provide docuements. If they let you in without question, they will certainly ask about it when you renew your PR card.

bluejays2221

Jan 28, 2009
I am confused with your replies.Our company is a registered Canadian company since 2002.We are exporting 3 millions a years,5 employees,doesnt that count as a Canadian company,why are the informations are insufficient to qualify for a Canadian company.I am paying 20000$ CAD tax to the goverment every single year.Is there a chance for a immigration officer to send me to the court or cancel my pr when i enter Canada before 20 months left for my pr to expire.I am not gonna return back,i am planning to study in Concordia,and take the family business,after i graduate..Also i have prepared all the documents they are asking,pay rolls,the bank transfers for my expenses,the list of machines i have sold so far.Our clients lists,my plane tickets for my trips,our bill of loadings,my monthly report for the company.The letter from the company,is there a chance that they wont believe me when i am telling the truth,i cant understand this.If you think they wont accept this company and me working abroad for a Canadian company,please give me reasons and advise me.Thank you for your help.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
BJ

like I said, your initial description does not allow me to make a judgment on your circumstances

I am not trying to tell you that you do not qualify for continued PR status, OK

you have to provide more clear details about this company, based on the requirements listed out in the document I linked you to

just as an example, and this is not a comprehensive analysis

How many locations does this company operate from? Is the headquarters base of this company in Canada?

Who owns the company? how many people? what are their nationalities, citizenship and residency statuses?

bluejays2221

Jan 28, 2009
The company operates in Toronto,my father owns the company,he is a Canadian citizen,he holds %90 of the company,also another Canadian citizen has %10 of the shares.The headoffice is in Toronto.We are selling products to Europe,i got the job offer in Toronto,and they told me to go to Europe,for marketing,so i am working here.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
as I said, I'm not an expert, but it seems to me you have a pretty solid case provided you can prove you were working full time overseas for this company

Leopard

Sep 28, 2008
BlueJays ....

Once you have a big business I would suggest you to hand your concerns to an expert immigration lawyer who will be able to clear things for you before making any step. This way is the best to avoid a headache . All in this forum are average people who are sharing thier own experience and based on CIC information provided . Complicated issues such yours should be directed to a lawyer either in Toronto where is your company based or in Europe where you are . Got the picture ???