+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 years gap... is it ok???

manpreet27

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi Ghufran,

I have paid online fees of $ 107 , still need to send documents .

Still i have not got hard copy of Letter of Admission from them ,however i got an email for that offer.

Can i send that email copy of LOA one as a proof to get CAQ? or should i have to wait for physical hard copy .

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
manpreet27 said:
Hi Ghufran,

I have paid online fees of $ 107 , still need to send documents .

Still i have not got hard copy of Letter of Admission from them ,however i got an email for that offer.

Can i send that email copy of LOA one as a proof to get CAQ? or should i have to wait for physical hard copy .
You should not wait for the courier of your LOA because it normally takes around 3-4 weeks to reach.... I sent them the printed copy and got the CAQ...

manpreet27

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Thanks !! I will start the process .

LOA i got is conditional on copies of my Graduation Degree\Marksheets , they need these copies .

I didn't find any option thru portal to upload those docs and have already emailed them on this concern but as university is closed till 5th so didnt got any reply.

Also did you paid 250 $ fees also which confirms your admission? I haven't did that is that something i should do on immediate basis as deadline to confirm is 1st Feb and how do i get unconditional offer letter once i have submitted my Grad docs which they have asked

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
manpreet27 said:
Thanks !! I will start the process .

LOA i got is conditional on copies of my Graduation Degree\Marksheets , they need these copies .

I didn't find any option thru portal to upload those docs and have already emailed them on this concern but as university is closed till 5th so didnt got any reply.

Also did you paid 250 $ fees also which confirms your admission? I haven't did that is that something i should do on immediate basis as deadline to confirm is 1st Feb and how do i get unconditional offer letter once i have submitted my Grad docs which they have asked
What was the last date of submission of your program?? Some how it seems that you are behind in some dates...

My last date was 15 October, my friend had a case like you, he got an email on 7th November that your English Proficiency certificates are missing and gave him time till 1 December to submit it, he submitted them and then got unconditional admission on 8 December, he then submitted his documents immediately and got CAQ 31th December, so in spite of all the delays he got CAQ.

Also my last date to confirm admission was 30 November so i confirmed it immediately... In your case i advice to wait until your degree is verified by Concordia and you get a unconditional LOA... i think it would be done within 10 days after uni opens...

manpreet27

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
I think they are ok with my degree as i did sent transcripts and they accepted . The condition they asked was :

Conditional Acceptance :
Your acceptance is contingent upon presentation of original documented proof of your B.TECH. degree conferred / granted from Punjab Technical University. You must present this along with (complete/clear) photocopies to Student Academic Services (1515 St. Catherine St. West, EV2.125) prior to the commencement of your studies at Concordia.

I think they just want me to send those docs/present when i reach there .

Any ways i have paid 250 $. Also i need to know what is the next step now. Will i get another acceptance email/letter confirming they recieved 250$ and i havent got breakup of fees Semester wise , will they send now ?

Thanks for all the valuable inputs !! Much Appreciated

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
manpreet27 said:
I think they are ok with my degree as i did sent transcripts and they accepted . The condition they asked was :

Conditional Acceptance :
Your acceptance is contingent upon presentation of original documented proof of your B.TECH. degree conferred / granted from Punjab Technical University. You must present this along with (complete/clear) photocopies to Student Academic Services (1515 St. Catherine St. West, EV2.125) prior to the commencement of your studies at Concordia.

I think they just want me to send those docs/present when i reach there .

Any ways i have paid 250 $. Also i need to know what is the next step now. Will i get another acceptance email/letter confirming they recieved 250$ and i havent got breakup of fees Semester wise , will they send now ?

Thanks for all the valuable inputs !! Much Appreciated
My pleasure
Actually they told me WHAT DO NOW in the acceptance letter (may be the do not send it in conditional LOA),
firstly u hav to confirm the admission by paying $250 ( receipt would have been on your screen when u did that online payment, u can save/print that if u want...)
Secondly u should start to gathering documents for CAQ n fill the online CAQ application of it

manpreet27

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
I already gathered all the docs required for CAQ and already paid and got print of 250 $ fees .

Do they send acceptance letter on email on"What to do know" steps ?

Since in LOA they have mentioned total fees, but never got any break up of fess sem wise . I am plannig to take education loan and that break of fess will help to process my loan.

Did you get Sem wise break of fees in your Acceptance letter ?

Will call them when university opens up .

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
manpreet27 said:
I already gathered all the docs required for CAQ and already paid and got print of 250 $ fees .

Do they send acceptance letter on email on"What to do know" steps ?

Since in LOA they have mentioned total fees, but never got any break up of fess sem wise . I am plannig to take education loan and that break of fess will help to process my loan.

Did you get Sem wise break of fees in your Acceptance letter ?

Will call them when university opens up .
yes i got an attached file which told what to do next
for masters in Electrical and computer engineering the total fee written in file is approx $24,750 and per semester fee is $6517.08

manpreet27

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
ok!!

Does that attached file say "Letter of Admission" or something else .

Even i got the mail , it was not a attachment . It was a straight forward email and below that letter of Admission was given (not seprate attachemnt). Total fees said was 24500 and even my first sem was same like you 6517.08 .
Did they gave u the remainig fees break up or it will be (24500-6517)=1793/3

So my question is , did you get any other email with attached fees indicated on it ? And did you get physical copies of that LOA or not and whether it has sem wise break up

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
manpreet27 said:
ok!!

Does that attached file say "Letter of Admission" or something else .

Even i got the mail , it was not a attachment . It was a straight forward email and below that letter of Admission was given (not seprate attachemnt). Total fees said was 24500 and even my first sem was same like you 6517.08 .
Did they gave u the remainig fees break up or it will be (24500-6517)=1793/3

So my question is , did you get any other email with attached fees indicated on it ? And did you get physical copies of that LOA or not and whether it has sem wise break up
I received two emails on the same day one with subject CONCORDIA ADMISSION and the other CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY OFFER ADMISSION

In CONCORDIA ADMISSION there was a simple acceptance letter with no attachments however in CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY OFFER ADMISSION there was an attachment, which told the whole procedure...
No the breakup is not like that coz i asked university that if i want to give one year tuition fees then what would be the total amount, they answered 6517+6517= 13034.16..

manpreet27

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
I got only one email with Subject "CONCORDIA ADMISSION" which has offer of admission in the second page of email.

Havent got any email with subject "CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY OFFER ADMISSION" .

scouser

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
overall 7 no less than 6.5
hi ghufran and manpreet

i have completed my b.tech in 2012(civil engineering) with 67%. now i am doing m.eng and will be completing this july 14. but now i want to go for M.eng again. shall i apply on m.eng basis(which i dont want to as my CGP is low as 6) or on b.tech basis.

do university require information about gap if any?

if i get the admission ?what if i don't mention about my m.eng to VO or i should show 1 year experience( which i dont have). is it safe to do like this ? how can i cover gap ? what are the risks involved

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
scouser said:
hi ghufran and manpreet

i have completed my b.tech in 2012(civil engineering) with 67%. now i am doing m.eng and will be completing this july 14. but now i want to go for M.eng again. shall i apply on m.eng basis(which i dont want to as my CGP is low as 6) or on b.tech basis.

do university require information about gap if any?

if i get the admission ?what if i don't mention about my m.eng to VO or i should show 1 year experience( which i dont have). is it safe to do like this ? how can i cover gap ? what are the risks involved
Bro you should ask a consultant he can advise you better
In my opinion do not show that you are doing M. eng...

scouser

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
overall 7 no less than 6.5
ghufran

have you told your university about your 2 years gap or not ? for getting admission. do they ask information of your gap?
or it is only told at the time visa application for visa officer.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
scouser said:
ghufran

have you told your university about your 2 years gap or not ? for getting admission. do they ask information of your gap?
or it is only told at the time visa application for visa officer.
I just mentioned a school teachin job when applied to uni.... No field related job